Alice Changes Sizes

Alice In B.A.P. Land

*A/N So I started naming the chapters after chapters in Alice in Wonderland. I'm going to start having to think of better titles though cause like there are maybe nine chapters in Alice in Wonderland. Side note, I have iOS 7 now and it's pretty cool beans. Another side note, I recently fell in love with this band called Bastille and I just watched their iTunes festival gig and it was fantastic and now I'm happy ^^ enjoy the chapter and as always I love your comments dearly!*

 

"Yello?" I answered the phone, holding it with my shoulder as I started washing the dishes. 

"Alice, how's life as a live-in?" Yoorae's voice asked. 

"Good, good. It's been........three weeks I think?" I scrunched my nose up and tried to recall how long it had been since I was hired. 

As I thought, I remembered how I had gotten to live here. After the first day of confusion and uncertainty, the boys had asked their company if they had been the ones to hire me. Turns out that the company had thought that they had enough stress moving around so much, and hiring me would ease some of the weight off their shoulders. 

"You don't even know how long you've been there?" Yoorae laughed lightly. 

"Well I've been busy with work!" I defended. 

"Like hell you have. All you hafta do is clean occasionally and maybe do the laundry." Yoorae said. I could practically hear her roll her eyes. 

"Yeah, yeah. So why are you calling?" I shook her off, smiling. 

"That's right! I totally forgot that I had something important to tell you!" Yoorae exclaimed. 

"Well don't leave me hanging!" I yelled into the phone, almost dropping it into the sink. 

"Jin's back in town!" I could hear Yoorae smile through the phone. 

"He is?" I breathed, excited. 

"Yeah! He was gonna visit you, but then I told him that you sorta relocated," she laughed. 

Almost like a movie, as soon as Yoorae spoke the doorbell rang. I quickly dried my hands and took my phone from my shoulder as I hurried to the door. 

"I think he's here. I'll talk to you later?" I smiled. 

"Yeah, bye!" Yoorae' voice chimed before the crackle of the call ending sounded in my ear. 

I wrenched open the door to see the smiling face of Jin. Since he joined his group Bangtan Boys, I had rarely gotten to see him face to face. We had Skyped and called each other, but actually being able to touch him made me smile. Combined with his tours and me being abroad the last few years, this was the first time we'd seen each other in three years.

"Jin!" I squealed, jumping into his arms.

"Hey! Calm down, Alice." He said, laughing as he hugged me back.

"How can I calm down? I can actually see you and hug you now!" I giggled.

"I know. It's been too long." Jin said, a sort of sadness filling his eyes.

"Don't look so sad or you'll make me sad," I pouted, "come see my new place!"

"Yeah, what is this place anyways? It looks like a dorm room. All Rae said was that you were a live-in maid now," Jin looked around as I led him inside.

"It is a dorm room!" I laughed. I spun with my arms wide to show him the entirety of the place.

"So who lives here with you?" He asked, unsure.

"Mila?" Someone's voice called from the front door.

"Present!" I called back, stopping my spinning.

"Are you okay? The door was wide open." Yongguk asked as the six of them filed into the dorms.

"Peachy. I just forgot to close it in all my excitement, I guess," I laughed easily, scratching the back of my head sheepishly.

"Alice, you've got to be more careful!" Jin scolded from behind me, pulling the others' attention to him.

"Eh?" Everyone seemed shocked when they saw each other. 

I stepped back, confused, to look between everyone. Jin seemed beyond shocked while the others looked confused and almost a little angry. My eyes flitted back and forth before Jin broke the silence.

"Alice, are these the people you're living with?" He asked, turning towards me without taking his eyes off the others.

"Yesm!" I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a live-in for B.A.P.?" His voice was level, but he sounded a little mad at me.

"Who?" I asked, brow furrowed.

"You don't know who they are," Jin sighed, laughing and shaking his head. He was laughing, but he seemed relieved about something.

 "Wait, you don't know who we are?" Jongup asked.

"I do know who they are! Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Junhong!" I pouted defensively.

"You know their names, Alice. They're like me." Jin said softly, coming over to where I was standing.

"They're idiots too?" I cocked my head to the side, not wanting to understand what this meant.

The boys laughed which earned them a glare from Jin. I didn't get why, but he didn't seem to like them. It was almost as if there was a rivalry between them. Almost as if they knew each other.

"No, Alice, you know what I mean. They're idols. They're from a group called B.A.P. That's why they live in a dorm and that's why they're gone all the time." Jin said gently.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, turning to face them.

"We thought you knew. We had just assumed that you weren't a fan and that was why you didn't really care." Himchan said with a shrug.

"Well, I was abroad for the past three years and only ever came back for week long periods to visit friends!" I defended myself, pouting.

"It's okay Alice. I think your brain just grew five sizes larger, though," Jin laughed, knocking me on the head lightly.

"You're mean!" I punched him on the arm playfully.

"If you don't mind us asking, how do you know Jin?" Jongup asked.

"He's my boyfriend, duh!" I laughed, spirits back, and kissed Jin on the cheek softly.

"You have a boyfriend?" Daehyun shouted a little too loudly.

"Yeah! We've been dating for four years," I smiled and laced my fingers in Jin's.

"Well isn't that great," Yongguk mumbled, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Okay, answer me this. Why do you guys hate each other?" I asked, looking between Jin and B.A.P.

"We don't hate each other per say..." Jin trailed off.

"Then why do you seem so hostile to each other?" I looked up at him with curious eyes.

"We're rivals sort of. B.A.P. debuted with a hardcore sort of image and that's sort of our signature thing. When BTS came out, they sort of had the same kind of image. We just kind of have a rivalry going. We don't hate each other or anything, though," Daehyun explained.

"That's stupid." I said, earning shocked glances. "Well it is! Are you saying the only one who can have a tough style is you? Music is music. You can't have your own personal genre or the entire industry would be a mess! You should just go on doing what you love and forget about the others. They can do what they want and you shouldn't let it effect you. What you need to focus on is your music and your fans. You're two seperate groups and no one copied anyone."

"You're right. I'm sorry for upsetting you. Thanks for being the bigger person." Jin said softly.

The others simply stood there with unreadable facial expressions. They didn't seem like they wanted to accept what I said. Daehyun and Jongup seemed the most annoyed at the idea that they should tolerate Jin.

To me, they were just being childish. To them, music wasn't the reason they were upset.

So originally I was just going to use the name Jin and then I was like why not? I kinda like the idea of rivalry in alla this. P.S. What Alice/Mila said about the groups is how I actually feel. I hear a bunch of people like "BTS copied BAP" and it's stupid. I don't really know BTS or listen to much of their music, but I respect them as musicians who chased thier dreams and work hard. That's all that matters.