The Lake Of Tears

Alice In B.A.P. Land

*A/N So....tired....I probably should be doing Calculus right now, but forget that. If you have free time, please check out my imagines/scenarios/one-shots shop called Somewhere Over The Rainbow~. I hope you guys will enjoy it ^^ Anyways, enjoy the chapter and please comment!*

 

"Jin? Do you still love me?" I asked as I lay with my head in his lap.

"What kind of question is that?" Jin looked at me strangely.

"Just curious..." I trailed off.

"Where did that come from?" he my hair softly.

"Well, Yoorae was the first to know you were home. You told her first and I was wondering if you still liked her," I bit my lip.

"I wanted to surprise you!" he laughed.

"But why did you call Rae first? She called and told me you were here. I know you guys have a history," I puffed out my cheeks in frustration. He was avoiding all my questions.

"History? Ailce, you're such a kid. Don't be jealous. We've been dating for years- have a little faith in me!" Jin flicked me on the forehead. "I've got to go to work. Be good?"

I sat up reluctantly and watched as Jin left. He didn't answer my question. It scared me that he didn't say he loved me. It also scared me that he tactfully dodged the subject of his history with Yoorae. I knew that the reason he originally became my friend was so that he could get closer to Yoorae. It worried me that they had had more contact than the two of us had.

All my worries made my head hurt and I retired to my room. Today had been a slow day since everyone had work, and I was starting to get tired. Plopping on my bed, I fell asleep almost instantly.

I awoke in a hall that stretched on and on and on. It was hot in the hall; so hot that I grabbed a pink fan that was on the ground beside me and began to fan myself.

"Oh dear," I said to myself. "I'm all alone again. Where did Jin go?"

And I started to cry. But, as I fanned myself, I became smaller and smaller. And, as I cried, the lake of my tears got bigger and bigger. Soon, the lake around me was so deep that I had to stop crying and start swimming.

After a while, I heard splashed. I wasn't alone in the lake anymore. Everywhere around me I saw more and more animals. Soon there was quite a croud of animals. I wanted to get out of the water. I swam to the edge of the lake and the animals followed me.

The crowd of wet animals stood on the bank and looked at me. I looked back at them.

They were funny animals. Then again, the white rabbit I had chased to get here was funny too. So was my fall down the rabbit hole and so was the lake of tears. Everything was very strange this afternoon.

"How are we going to get dry?" I asked, noticing the wet and uncomfortable animals.

"I know the best way to get dry," said the Dodo. 

(The Dodo was a very large bird and had the voice of Daehyun.)

"What's that?" I asked.

"A race," replied the Dodo.

"What sort of race?" I asked once more. "Please explain it to us."

"The best way to explain something is to do it," said the Dodo. "You must all stand in a circle."

The animals and I obliged.

"Now," said the Dodo, "you must all run about."

We ran about for half an hour, until the Dodo suddenly called, "Stop! The race is over."

"Who won?" we all shouted.

The Dodo didn't answer. He thought for a few minutes then said, "Everyone has won. Everyone must have a prize and she must give the prizes." He pointed at me.

I didn't know what to do. But when I reached in my pokets, I found some candies. I gave one candy to each animal. I had just the right amount of candies for the five animals that were remaining. Each animal looked vaguely familiar.

"But she must have a prize herself," said the mouse with the voice of Jongup.

"What else have you got in your pocket?" asked the Dodo.

I felt in my pocket again. All I had was a stone that looked like a heart.

"Give it to me," said the Dodo.

Then all the animals stood in a circle round the Dodo and I.

"Please take this heart," said the Dodo to me. "This is your prize."

I felt rather silly and wanted to laugh, but I didn't dare. None of the animals were laughing. So I took the heart and said thank you.

Then the animals sat down and ate their candies. They were telling stories to each other when their company arrived to take them away. It was time for work. I said goodbye to them all and suddenly I was all alone again.

All alone with only my own heart, given back to me.*

I awoke with a jolt and blinked at the firey light of the setting sun. The day had passed quickly as I slept and I knew the others would be home soon. 

What was that dream about? Why had I been all alone? Why did Jin leave me? Why did the animals have the voices of B.A.P.? What had even happened? What did it mean?

I shook my head lightly and dismissed my worries. It was just a dream, nothing more. 

Slowly, I got out of bed as I heard the click of the door opening. I forced my worries behind me and went to greet my friends with a smile. 

 

 

*This whole dream sequence was taken from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with slight variations on my part. I own nothing and don't claim to. Also, sorry that this cut off earlier my computer derped.