Down The Rabbit Hole

Alice In B.A.P. Land

*A/N I've done it again and started another story while I still have ones I have to finish. I just realized that in all my novels, the MC has a reason that she can't love/doesn't believe in love/is messed up. Thought I'd break the trend! So here goes! Enjoy and as always I love all and any comments.*

 

"A live in maid?" My friend, Yoorae, asked incredulously through the phone.

"Yeah. I needed a job and this was the only offer that called back. Guess spilling coffee on your interviewer doesn't exactly give them a reason to hire you!" I laughed and remembered my failed job interview being a secretary in a large business.

"Alice! You're so dumb! What if it's a bunch of guys who're trying to take advantage of you?" Yoorae scolded though I could hear the smile in her voice.

"It's kinda too late, Rae. I'm already here. By the sound of it, though, they aren't around much which is why they need someone to stay and keep the place together. Though, if they're away, I'd probably be making the majority of the mess anyway," I pondered thoughtfully.

"I swear you're a child," she sighed.

"Child or not, at least I'm happy. To others I may seem a little dumb, but I'm enjoying life," I shrugged as I spoke, trying to balance the phone with my shoulder as I vacuumed.

"The hell are you killing on your line?" Yoorae stopped to ask.

"I'm vacuuming. Their vacuum is old and dumb, but at least it works." I said and stopped the insanely loud contraption. 

"So are they there? What are they like?" She resumed her interrogation.

"No. I haven't met them yet." I said bluntly.

"Alice! God. Well, I have to go. Don't die and if you get in any trouble, call me," Yoorae sighed, sounding reluctant to let me go.

"Bye bye!" I chimed and hung up on her.

Carelessly, I threw my phone onto the couch and resumed cleaning. I had been sent a key with an address and instructions on when to come. Upon my arrival, though, no one was at what looked like a dorm room. With nothing else to do but wait, I began to clean. It was what I was hired to do, right?

As I continued on with my work, I heard the click of a key in the door. I stopped what I was doing to see who was there when the door swing open.

"...and then I said- Who the hell are you?" One of the six men who walked in stopped his story to stare at me.

"Probably some fan who managed to sneak in." Another one said.

"Hello!" I smiled brightly. They all seemed shocked at my nonchalance and I looked at them blankly.

"How did you get in here?" The first one who had spoken asked.

"Key." I said, holding up the key I had been sent.

"Who are you?" Yet another man asked.

"Mila! My friends call me Alice like Alice in Wonderland. I was hired to be your live-in maid. Since I was sent a key and the address, I assumed you were the ones who hired me." I said with a smile, bowing deeply.

"Mila..." he drew out my name slowly as if getting used to the feeling of it in his mouth. 

"That's me!" I laughed brightly.

"There must be some mistake. We didn't hire you..." The first one trailed off slowly as if worried his words would affect me.

"Oops! I guess that makes sense since no one did," I smiled sheepishly.

"No one what?" 

"No one hired me. I applied for a million and one jobs, but no one accepted me. Something about me being naive, childish, and immature." I said and grabbed my phone from the couch. "I'll be going then!"

"Wait!" Someone called after me.

"Yeah?" I cocked my head.

"We can check with the company to see if they hired you. In the meantime, we're B.A.P. I'm Yongguk." The leader looking one said slowly.

"Youngjae."

"Daehyun"

"Junhong"

"Himchan"

"Jongup"

"Nice to meet you all!" I bowed again after they each introduced themselves.

"Nice to meet you, Mila." Yongguk said.

"I'm excited to be working with you. Please treat me well!"