Ecstasy

Hallucinations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your body is a wonderland 

Your body is a wonder

Your body is a wonderland 

 

----------

 

There it was.

A big white envelope was stashed among her letters and advertisements. Tiffany tore it open, revealing a folded card that was wrapped prettily with a pink velvet ribbon. She pulled on the strip and the ribbon went slack.

She opened it slowly, taking in the fine details of the card. Her fingers rolled gently over the words, sensing a slight protrusion, as she realized that the print was raised. The lettering was bold and elegant, with swirls and minute flourishes on every letter. There was also a pleasant fragrance emanating from the card, like perfume; like spring.

 

As expected from the picky ice princess. This is so Jessica’s style.

 

‘What’s that you are reading?’ Kris asked as he crept up behind her, laying his chin on her small frame.

‘We’re invited to Jess & Suho oppa’s wedding on this coming Saturday.’

‘That was unexpected,’ Kris mumbled, ‘I thought they were getting married in winter. You know, ice princess, the snow queen, ha ha.’

I rolled my eyes. My best friend was definitely the epitome of cold jokes.

‘So, are we going? I’ll need to confirm our attendance with unnie by tonight.’

‘Will he be there?’

Tiffany bit her lip. It had been some time since she saw him, and she was quite certain that he would show up at the wedding. After all, his attendance was a matter of showing respect for his label mates.

 

And nothing else.

 

‘Well, no,’ she lied through her teeth, "Even if he did, we have to go, don't we? After all, they’re both important to us.’

‘You have a point,’ said Kris as he threw himself onto my couch, propping his bowl of Cheerios onto his lap.

 

Nothing else. Our relationship is long over.

 

----------

 

Restless spirit, restless feet moving to an empty rhythm; a perfect description of how Kris is feeling right then as he waited for his date at the lobby of the SM building. He waits with breathless anticipation as he pondered about how much longer she would have to take to get her makeup done.

‘Tiffany,’ the name slipped from his lips as soon as he had her in view.

Rising from his seat, he stood frozen at that point of time, taking in the distinctive features of the ethereal beauty standing in front of him. Tiffany flashed her renowned eye smile that had her crescent-shaped eyes matched with the shy smile she wore on her face.

 

Those eyes. Damn.

 

She wore a lustrous, pearl-beaded chiffon dress which impeccably wrapped around her torso, fitting her flawlessly. The dress that gradually fell loose to her ankle moulded her figure beautifully, complimenting her feminine shape. Her hair was done up, exposing her precious collarbones wrapped in that smooth, white skin of hers. 

 

It left him fantasizing the thing he would do to her bare, milky shoulders.

 

Tiffany almost gasped when she saw Kris in that fitting black tuxedo suit, which unsurprisingly suited him well. Kris had his hair slicked back and his suit was perfectly pressed. It had been quite some time ever since the last time he wore formal attire and Tiffany liked men who looked good in them; he was picture-perfect.

 

The gaze he gave her, the way his eyes roamed all over her in awe, blinded by the way she looked made her satisfied with her appearance for that afternoon.

 

Finally, Kris broke the ice, taking a deep breath before offering his hand to her.

 

‘Ready?’

 

Tiffany, smitten by his manners, nodded and gladly put her hand in his.

 

----------

 

In the midst of all of the beauty of the hall – a beautiful church – she looks out for a face, but to no avail.

 

I guess he didn’t want to see me.

 

As the pair entered the hall, Kris could sense many staring at them with incredulous eyes, as he glanced around at the other accommodating guests, some looking away as their eyes meet. He could hear people’s murmur,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter