Delirium

Hallucinations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don’t get too close

It’s dark inside

It’s where my demons hide

It’s where my demons hide

 

----------

 

That night.

It was half past midnight. I sighed, sipping at my coffee, the aftertaste of Blue Mountain lingering on my tongue. It was getting cold, but that didn’t matter.

As long as the caffeine is able to kick in.

Situating myself on the sofa in my living room, I continued to stare at my television, bored out of my wits.

The Master’s Sun, Barefoot Friends, Running Man and Saturday Night Live. I turned to each different channel on the dial. There was even someone who came onto a show in the wee hours of morning. I felt bad for whoever got stuck airing a show at two in the morning. That had to be tough on the ego.

 

Knock knock

 

I was jerked awake from my half-awake self by a couple of knocks on the door which made me jump from my comfortable spot.

So much for getting cozy.

Lazily, I stretched out for the handle, turning it. The click of the hardware was muffled by a soft whimper from the outside, as she came bursting through my door, into my arms, catching me by surprise.

I was at a complete lost on what to do. I had no idea what was going on or what had just happened. I wasn’t sure of what to do though; I’ve never been in any sort of situation similar to this before. Was I supposed to stay quiet and just provide a comforting presence?

All I knew was that Tiffany needed me right now. Then.

I wasn’t exactly a touchy-feely person, but I banished all apprehensions and wrapped my arms around my best friend, holding her close in a comforting embrace. She shuddered as she wept even harder, causing me to rub her back in a further attempt to comfort her.

 

It was unknown how long we sat on the floor of my living room, but at long last, her breathing became regular, punctuated by the occasional sniffs. Tiffany didn’t try to fill the following silence; neither did I try to probe into her affairs.

She needs her space.

‘Kris…’

She finally spoke up.

‘Yes?’

She spilled the details of her condition to me that night, about those vivid images that she would see every morning. This definitely came as a shock to me, which is an understatement for my face only showed the obvious – It was stuck with an incredulous expression.

She hate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter