Detention or Die?

Hopeless Romantic

II.

 

Yes, their day lasted as a fun and tiring one last week.

What they didn't know was going to a karaoke with exams still a week from now is strictly forbidden. Jessica is still beyond pissed while Tiffany just went with the flow. Detentions aren't strangers for the two, but Siwon couldn't have one because he's in the honor roll. 

"I thought you would risk it...for your bestfriend!", spats Tiffany.

Siwon glares at her, "Fany-ah, exams are a week from now, couldn't afford wasting my academics for your fault."

Angry, the lass punched his arm a little too harsh, "Can't believe it. You'll just let this go? Your bestfriend, hello? Oi!"

Tiffany watched her bestfriend's back retreating. Siwon still has to go to their first period. With Tiffany trailing behind him, Siwon promised to treat her milk tea at lunch break. Her anger towards the latter didn't even minimized in the least.

 

Whisphers and gossips erupted as the pair went inside their classroom. Hyoyeon and Sunny laughed at the two and told them to not post everything in instagram while Ryeowook comforted them, "It's okay, we commit mistakes once in a while.", while Shindong told them to eat it all out to feel easy.

Jessica approached Tiffany, completely isolating her figure beside Siwon's. Sitting at their tables, Jessica vents out her anger.

"If I could find out who the hell told that bald ahjussi about our karaoke session last week, I promise to kill that--"

Tiffany, nervous, joins her palm together with her friend's mouth, shutting it completely.

"No swearing, girl. We can't have another detention with that pottymouth of yours."

Breathing hard, Jessica let go of her hand and slammed hers at the table, completely gaining weird stares around them.

"Now he's here, come on."

 

As the bald ahjussi arrive, both of them braced themselves for the worst. Having detentions during this time could greatly affect study sessions of the two. Jessica, thinking hard, is already making up silly excuses while Tiffany recited her dumb excuses. Siwon could only stare at Tiffany with pity. Then again, he reasons that she deserved it. 

 

Books down, Mr. Geun Suk breathes deeply first before shouting at his class.

"Hwang, Jung, stand up!"

They could already hear some snickers from the background.

"Tell me, how did the two of you thought of that bizzare idea, ha?" 

As Siwon was about to stand up, wanting to cover up for Tiffany's stupidness, the teacher shot him a death glare. Sitting down was now his only option. Jessica now finally speaks after a grim minute of wanting to hide around in a corner and die.

"Sir, i-it's not what you think. We just kind of-- would you shut up Donghae?!"

The whole class erupted in loud laughter.

"Yah! Seonsaengnim, Jessica just told me to shut up!", shouts Donghae, trying to bury his classmate in deeper trouble.

Their teacher just brushed off the two's petty argument. Wanting to go on with their class, he simply stated, "Detention for the two girls. As for the interrupter, you can join them too. Ill get back to that after classes."

The mere mention of those words made the three's faces grimacing and irritated.

 


 

"I can't believe it, I still got in trouble for that girl! Stupid Jung."

Donghae remained like this for an hour, venting out his anger towards his bestfriends, namely Hyukjae, Leeteuk, and Kyuhyun.

"That's what karma does, dude.", says Hyukjae, wanting to laugh at his bestfriend's pathetic face.

"Serves you right.", chimes in Leeteuk, sipping afterwards a cold soda.

Feeling bored, Kyuhyun spoke, "You shouldn't have eavesdropped on those two."

"You bastards! I thought you were my friends?", is what Donghae spat.

"Yah! So you are the culprit?!", the circle of friends looks behind them and sees an infuriated lass, marching towards them with loud stomps of feet.

"Hey, hey. Slow down, Jessica! Hey!", shouts Tiffany, trying to get a hold of her shirt.

Donghae stood up, ready to fight his way out of the cafeteria when suddenly, 

Bam!

"Ow!"

Donghae's vision went black.

 


 

"I think he needs more rest."

"Not that we are objecting your opinion, Jung!"

"Y-yeah, sincere apologies goes out to you alone."

 

Donghae's friends, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk and Sungmin, remained in their seats with fear. Jessica is still angry with him, knowing that he was the one who let their selca spread within the classroom. She still needs to punch his face for a wake-up call, then again, punching him hard was enough.

 

The nurse enters the room and eyes the knocked-out figure.

"Tsk, poor boy. Now, the four of you, get out! As for you, young miss,", she points to Jessica, who is now playing with her phone, "you'll be staying here."

"What?! B-but—"

"Hey, don't you have a heart? You just punched this boy! I don't care why, but you are held responsible for your actions! Four of you, out, now!"

Tiffany mouths her a 'stay strong' and the rest bows before her with fear.

 

After an hour of killing time with her phone, Jessica heard her stomach crumbling. So is Donghae's groaning.

"I.....am....hungry."

Jessica's face now enlightens, she calls for the nurse and told her the bastard is now awake.

"Thank goodness, I thought you were dead! Then again, I'm still hoping for that but, yeah."

Donghae moves back a little before realizing that the boxer is here with him, in one room.

"W-what is that retard doing here?", is what he says first after waking up, completely terrified about how she still feels easy after a boxing session at the cafeteria way back.

"Of course, watching you while you're sleeping. Wait, that's creepy. I mean, looking after you."

"Why?"

"Both of you can go now, I already treated your black eye, Lee. Jung, accompany him to the faculty. I already approached your teacher and told him that something happened between the two of you. Scram, now! I have more patients to fill in here."

And so, the two went out. Jessica walked from a distance behind Donghae, who tries to speed his pace up, wanting to get out of her sight.

"We still got detention, you know?", shouts Jessica from afar, wanting to remind Donghae of reality.

Not turning his head, Donghae remained quiet and still brisk-walking his way out of her radar.

"Are you gay? I don't have AIDS. Can you slow down a little?", as soon as Jessica stops fumbling with her ID and looks up to the scared latter's direction, she realized he was gone for good.

"What the?!"

 

 


 

"Yeah, I looked at him and poof! He's gone, seonsaengnim. Believe me!"

Jessica is now explaining herself at the faculty, still pressing the truth before his teacher.

"Jung, I have known many girls swooning over that Lee-boy, and, believe me, you don't like adding yourself to that list."

"What?! No! Of course I don't, and I'm not planning to. Now, can I politely excuse myself and go to detention?"

His teacher replies with a brief nod.

 

As soon as the short debate finished, Tiffany came out of one door in the hallways and approached Jessica, reminding her that detention was already finished and she needs to have another one because of the commotion she had caused.

"What, so you're leaving me?"

Tiffany made a peace sign, "Of course."

"Tiffany, come on, we have to study too!", Siwon waves at Tiffany and motions her to go now.

"Look at that nerd. Well, bye now."

 

 


 

"Hello everyone, Jessica here."

He hears the cursed name resonating in the abandoned but quiet classroom after the door was shut close. Donghae roses from his seat and peers over the doorway if it's really her.

It's her, alright.

"Good grace! You're here, too?!", Jessica dramatically puts her right hand on her chest, completely surprised that the retard still shown up.

"Yeah, another detention this week, Geun Suk said a while ago. Your friend was free, now the two of us would deal with this every day until the end of exams. Which means, I would probably spend my time studying here."

Jessica, not having the slightest idea of what has happened, questions him again, "Slow down! I can't catch up, what? Are we the only ones here?"

"Yes and for the next days to come. Now, can you just tone down that voice? I'll just sleep my way out of here."

"Whatever, . Suit yourself.", she reaches for her phone and plays with it again. 

Donghae mumbles something when she saw her busy playing a game God knows what. "This ."

"What?"

"Nothing."

And he drifted to sleep, leaving Jessica bored.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


no one's commenting. i feel like a loser *cries heart out*