Let's Go, Engrish!

Hopeless Romantic

 

 

 

I.

Probably, the only thing Tiffany have despised from the start is having a boyfriend.

Having a boyfriend , actually. They only like you from the beginning, then it ends in heartbreaks because they'll say they don't actually understand you, but, in fact, they do. They just don't know what to do with you, that's why. Well, at least in her point of view.

A few point of views was added, later on; her bestfriends' are included, too.

Siwon said that he really don't like seeing girls cry. He thinks guys are jerks, at some point, he defends quickly. Maybe because he doesn't have anyone with him till now?, she thinks. Thinking he's gay, too, somehow helped. She don't know about him but she feels that he keeps secrets from her sometimes. Maybe because he's a man, and boys usually want their lone time too, right? Or maybe, he is already meeting up with someone else? Leaving her would be just harsh, she objects.

Either way, she wouldn't be surprised. But, that would be just plainly...absurd. 

Her other bestfriend, Jessica, confirmed that all guys are jerks, unlike Siwon, defending it first. Heechul left her in the past, left her for some girl God knows who. Now her former boyfriend wants to get back with her again. 

She doesn't know why she's thinking about this, though. Tiffany's still in class, her teacher is at the midst of lecturing all of them about why the hell did their class got the lowest average among other sections. She should listen. 

Just then, the listening latter saw him looking at her with a hint of disgust on his face. Maybe he saw Tiffany fumbling with her ballpen, loud enough for him to hear? Now she found herself standing up, hearing him a while ago that he needs to ask her a question. More like, confrontation. Worse, in front of the whole class.

"Mrs. Hwang, tell me, how can you tell if a noun is an appositive or not?"

Why are you asking me? Last time I checked, you're a teacher. She remained silent, without any words coming out of her thin lips.

"Now now, you wouldn't be surprised if I will tell you that you got the lowest average among the class, eh?"

Crap, she should've seen this coming. Then again, Tiffany saw it before — when she got the lowest score in English, last year. She hated this subject, since then. 

Looking to her right, desperate for answers, Tiffany saw Siwon mouthing some words, probably the answer to this damned question of their bald teacher.

"Well? I'm still waiting, Miss Hwang.", he chimed, rustling through his hairless head as if he actually have those hair strands on it. 

Finally deciphering the words Tiffany's best friend just said, she quickly straighten up her uniform and confidently answered his question. She could tell from his expression that her answer is correct. Is it really correct? He still seems annoyed. She really doesn't care, either way.

"Good one, Miss Hwang. Now you can sit down.", Mr. Geun Suk said, face stoic and voice blank.

Miss Hwang breathed in relief when she sat down and quickly flashed a smile on Siwon. Next thing their teacher told the whole class made the grin disappear on her face.

"As for you, Mr. Choi, I applaud your wide range of vocabulary.  Ms. Hwang, stop always relying on Mr. Choi. Entrance exams are near, bringing him with you won't do you any good."

Tiffany could hear the loud chortles of her classmates, whisphering about how dumb she is and saying that, as what she is hearing, she really needs to mend her broken 'engrish'. . Next minute, Tiffany felt embarassed. She could see Jessica feeling sorry for her, but, at the same time, holding her laugh. Her other classmates still resisted the urge to roll back and laugh their heads off, too, but gave it up eventually. She hoped they could laugh until they literally rip their heads, though.

Except Jessica, of course!

 

Lunch break ticked. Siwon approached Tiffany on her seat, who is still absorbed, thinking about the recent event which made her flunk in her seat a little. She smiled and thanked him, nonetheless, despite the quick lecture that Mr. Geun Suk gave her. They then went to the library to study. Tiffany wanted some help in English, and she thinks he is the only one who is up for the job.

"You said Jessica will join you today? Where is she, now?"

Tiffany looks up from the books stacked in front of her. Exams are near, she couldn't afford wasting time or spending her leisure talking about her. She gave him a look which says 'stop talking!'. And so he stopped, nodding gently at her action.

"How about milk tea before going home, call?", Siwon started, hoping to just hear a response from her. Afterwards, the librarian advanced her steps towards their table and smacked him right on the head. 

"Shh!", says the librarian, putting her index finger against her lips. 

It silenced their table for a couple of minutes until he heard Tiffany reply, "Okay. But, you'll pay!"

He smiled.

 

Dismissal time came, Tiffany and Siwon went separate ways, immediately excusing herself that she need to study. She walked with Jessica, her other friend, hand in hand. Then again, Siwon wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Hwang, her mom, would call him again, asking him where the hell did she go and what did she say this time just to go somwehere. Siwon knows having Jessica as a companion wouldn't be good. Either way, asking her where will she go doesn't make any difference, she'll just turn away and giggles with Jessica, anyways.

 

Just as he was about turn his shoes in an opposite way, sighing, Siwon heard someone gaggling behind him. As from what he could think of at the moment, there is someone eavesdropping, behind the bush,from the conversation he had with Tiffany a while ago. 

"Yah!", Siwon shouted, directly onto the individual, apparently emerged out of the bush and now — running away from him. 

 

. . .

 

"Himeulnaerago marhaejullae!"

This is the life. Tiffany and Jessica are now in a karaoke place near their school, just a few walking distance from it and you'll eventually found this heavenly escapade. Though exams are just a week or two from now (or is it a month?), enjoying and destressing themselves from the academics can be a tad good too...at least for them.

Scanning through the pages of the song list, hearing Tiffany's voice made Jessica annoyed. Did she even thought her voice cracked up during the chorus part?

"Tiffany, you pabo! Would you shut your mouth?"

The newfound singer averted her gaze from the tv screen to the now angered lass, pressing on Jessica her 'engrish' accent to make her even more pissed. "Ne-bah!"

Just then, Tiffany was cut off by the sound of clicking from the side. Turns out Jessica took a picture of them, with her grinning on the spot - her teeth showing, and Jessica, holding her tongue out. 

"Aren't you gonna caption that, Jess?", asked Tiffany, finally moving away beside her friend and started to pick another song from the list. Her anger toned down a little. 

"Of course, I would. Duh.", said Jessica, her eyes rolling on the stupid remark.

best day of our lives, so far..kkk~ tiff and jess, on the roll! , was the caption Jessica typed on the picture and posted it straight to a social medium God knows what.

Their lives at that day lasted as tiring, but a fun one.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I just had to include 'way to go' -- I've been listening to it nonestop, recently! Anyways, boring chapter.