Final Act

Canicula

Flashback
   Kwangmin sat on the ground and packed his bag before he stood up to pick his jacket to be able to leave as his mother called for Youngmin. Youngmin, where are you, she said and Kwangmin stopped behind the door, holding the doorknob tightly. He turned around and leaned against the door, starring at his hyung's school uniform. He hated to pretend to be Youngmin so that his mother would smile and be happy, that she would stop taking drugs but that was what he would do and so he grabbed his brother's uniform and put it on.
   "Youngminnie, have breakfast", his mother said as soon as he came out of the room, wearing Youngmin's school uniform and he stepped slowly closer, "Sit down."
   "Where's Kwangmin?", he asked with a thin voice, afraid of what his mother would say because then he would know what she was really thinking about him.
   "He went to school. His school is far so he leaves early. Eat", she said and Kwangmin nodded, his mother would only see him as Youngmin but not him, she won't even miss him and she never did, so Kwangmin thought, "Youngmin, if I had brought up Kwangmin would he be like you? No matter how difficult it was then, I shouldn't have sent Kwangmin to the orphanage."
   "Leave it. It's all right", Kwangmin talked with a thin voice, looking down to avoid his mother's glance.
   "You go and tell Kwangmin. Besides having a bad mother, he didn't do anything wrong."
Kwangmin threw the chopsticks on the table, giving his mother a fright. "What? Tell him what? Why do you say those words now? It's been a long time since you brought me back", Kwangmin spoke loudly, almost shouted and his mother gave him a confused glance.
   "You're Kwangmin?", she asked confused and pointed on the 'Jo Youngmin' sign on his left chest, "Why..?"
   "To me, it was a miracle that you and hyung came to find me. Even if there's no place for me between you and hyung... having relatives... having family was enough."
   "I... was wrong. When I see you, I keep feeling that you resent me. That's why I'm afraid. I keep hiding from you, avoiding you. I was wrong."
   "Don't just say you're sorry to make yourself feel better. You simply don't know how I feel. How difficult it was for me... At the police station, you only held on to hyung's hand. The one who took a beating was me. You didn't even ask if I was okay. Those don't matter", Kwangmin shouted and tears filled his eyes, it was the first time he was talking like this with his mother, "But... at least you shouldn't have said those words to me. 'You go in.' I could have gone to prison for hyung. But I didn't. I was afraid you wouldn't find me again and end it just like that. Because I understand you can abandon me at any time."
   Finally the tears were falling down his cheeks and his mother kneeled down, closer to him. "I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong, Kwangmin", she started crying but suddenly Kwangmin grabbed the small bag which laid on the corner next to him. He knew his mother has her drugs in it and he wanted to end everything, he just had to drink them all but his mother ripped the bag out of his hands, hugging it tightly.
   "What's wrong? I also want to drink these and forget everything like you!"
   His mother kneeled down in front of him, started begging desperately. "I... was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong."
   But Kwangmin just stood up to leave but he stopped and turned around once again to face his mother. "You regret giving birth to me, right? I also regret becoming your son. Don't say that you were wrong." Then he went outside where he took off his brother's jacket and throw it on the ground and stepped on the sigh with the name. He never wanted to pretend to be Youngmin, he never wanted to pretend to be someone else, he never wanted to pretend to be happy, he never wanted to pretend anything anymore.
   He walked around the whole day until the sun started setting again. When he came up the mountain again he noticed that the jacket was still laying in the snow. He picked it up and went upstairs to the enter the apartment again. The flat was dark and Kwangmin put on the light in the kitchen, where he saw his mother, sitting on the ground, leaning on the wall, sleeping.
   Kwangmin kneeled down next to her and covered her with a blanket before he sat down next to her on the ground. "Mom... I'm sorry. You have to hold on until hyung returns. I will do anything. Do you understand?" Then he laid his hand softly on his mother's cheek to pull her closer, that she could rest her head on his shoulder while he was just sitting there and the tears started running down his cheeks again and he couldn't stop crying anymore.
Flashback End


   Hyunseong stopped the car abruptly, confusing Youngmin, who sat tense next to him in the car. "Hey, Shim Hyunseong, what are you doing? I need to go quickly. I have to protect my brother", Youngmin talked fast.
   "You are wanted! Why do you still bother with him? Your brother is an officer. What are you worried about? And what if President Song is there? It'll be trouble if you're caught!", Hyunseong shouted and Youngmin ran with his fingers through his hair before he put on his cap again.
   "My mom died from doing drugs."
   "What?"
   "But I didn't do anything. Hyunseong, I have to go. So I beg you, like go quickly, okay?", Youngmin said in a begging tone and unwillingly Hyunseong started is car again and drove ahead and on their way to the transaction place Youngmin told his friend about what happened to his mother and in his life that everything end up like this.
   "Mom was like that because of me but Kwangmin had to bear with all that alone. Why Mom died, how she died... I should have continued to look for Kwangmin. Continue until he told me. But didn't do that, because I was afraid of hearing Kwangmin say 'Mom died because of you'. The words of someone dying because of you is really scarier than dying. I shouldn't have done that. I should have protected our Kwangmin but I was afraid."
   "Kwangmin didn't tell you because he understands you. Your brother understands you", Hyunseong tried to cheer his friend up again.
   "That's why I'm even more sorry. He beared with everything by himself. Without Mom, without me. The most fragile of our family, Kwangmin."
   "It was very difficult for you too! You had nowhere to go after coming out of prison. You lingered in the streets. You don't remember? I think you're pitiable too", Hyunseong answered. He was worried because he didn't want to see his friend to go back to prison again because his boss used him for his evil plans.
   "It wasn't that difficult for me. I only pretended not to know, never asking", Youngmin sighed and turned to his friend, "Hyunseong... I really miss our Kwangmin."
   Hyunseong nodded in agreement and stopped at the backdoor of a storage building and Youngmin jumped out of the car immediatly and run inside the storage building to search for his brother. He found Kwangmin hanging on a doorknob, trying hard to avoid that the men of President Song could enter the room.
   When Kwangmin noticed Youngmin behind him, his eyes grew big. He didn't believe he would see Youngmin there. "Jo Youngmin..."
   Youngmin stepped closer and looked deeply into his brother's eyes and he could see that his brother was scared. He put down his cap and placed it on Kwangmin's head before he his brother's face and patted his younger brother's shoulder. Then he pushed Kwangmin gently aside, making him know that it was okay for him that Kwangmin could leave now before he stepped outside. And the men immediatly started hitting and punching him until he laid on the ground so that they were able to carry him away. But Youngmin would bear with it as long as he was sure that his brother was safe.
   Kwangmin walked outside, where Hyunseong was waiting for his friend. "Youngmin!", Hyunseong said but he didn't got an answer, "Are you Youngmin's brother? Where's Youngmin? Where's your brother? Hey, where is your hyung?"
   "Who is my brother?", Kwangmin asked pissed and took quickly the cap down from his head and throw it on the ground before he walked ahead.
   "This punk!", Hyunseong talked to himself and entered the storage building to look for his friend while Kwangmin walked down the street where suddenly some police cars appeared in front of him.
   "Chief Jo, are you okay?", Donghyun asked as soon as he got out of the car.
   "Ah what a fright! I thought my heart was going to jump out. Not like you're a child left by the roadside", Officer Baek said but Kwangmin ignored him, pushed him away and sat in the Officer's car and drove ahead. "Hey! What car do you want us to sit in?", Officer Baek shouted after him, while Donghyun watched confused after the leaving car.
   Kwangmin changed his clothes in his office again and went back to the open offices where his officers already arrived after searching him. "Everyone, head out together", Kwangmin ordered immediately and the officers exchanged confused glances.
   "Where?", Donghyun asked.
   "The club."
   "Would Song Jiseok be there?"
   "Not to find Song Jiseok. There's something I have to confirm. There might still be a few places to check. Waste no time", Kwangmin told them quickly and so they did.
   They went to the club where they searched the basement, where Kwangmin was forced to stay in a storage room. They catched some of Song Jiseok's men and Kwangmin opened the door of the storage room because he actually thought the president would have caught Youngmin there too, but instead of Youngmin a woman sat there, cuffed on a chair.
   "We meet again, young officer", the woman talked.
   "You know me?"
   "Pretending not to know?", she laughed pissed, "Shall the two of us have a chat?"
Kwangmin gave her an intent glance and slowly closed the door behind him.
   In the meanwhile Song Jiseok finished his real transaction with the Japanese and let himself drive to the harbour where he wanted to check on his container. His assistant opened the gates of the container and revealed a man, sitting cuffed on a chair in the middle of the empty container.
   "Chief Jo, your brother helped us carry out the deal smoothly", Song Jiseok said who crouched down in front of him, "I wanted to let you off originally. What is this? Making people violate agreements."
   "You plan to follow through?"
   "I'm still considering. If you go back again would you let me off? Haven't you already stabbed me in the back? You don't know how much your brother has done for you, Chief Jo, right?", Song Jiseok spoke.
   "He didn't do anything. Surely he won't know.", Youngmin answered, causing the president to laughed out loud.
   "You treat me so well. How should I send you off? I thought about it a lot. I've thought about what has happened thoroughly. Enjoy your last moments", Song Jiseok said and stood up to leave again as Youngmin catched his attention again.
   "Song Jiseok. You too... enjoy your last moments."
Kwangmin took of the handcuffs from the woman's wrists and the woman caressed her hurting wrists. "My goods... That hillbilly Song Jiseok can't be allowed to take them all over the place", she talked after explaining everything to Kwangmin, "The goods will be sent to Japan."
   "When? Where?"
   "If I tell you?"
   "I'll help you", Kwangmin said and gave her a confident smile.
   "Now we're able to get through."
   "Quickly tell me."
   "Tomorrow at 12 noon, go look at the harbour. Among them, there will be a fishy.smelling one, right? Now helo me call my men", the woman ordered satisfied and Kwangmin only shook his head slowly.
   "No, I'm going to help you", Kwangmin said and looked at her, showing off his handcuffs before he cuffed Choi Inseon, who looked shocked at him, "To become a good person." Then Kwangmin stood up and called for Officer Baek and Donghyun, who waited outside in front of the storage room. The officers came in to bring Choi Inseon out to the car, while Kwangmin was slowly walking out of the room.
   "Ya! You're playing me?", the woman shouted after Kwangmin, "You sold me out to Song Jiseok and you still want to be a police officer?"
   Kwangmin turned back to the lady, who was still sitting on the chair. "Ajumma, I met you for the first time today", Kwangmin said coldly and walked ahead, leaving the confused Choi Inseon behind.

   Song Jiseok sat in his car and got a call of one of his man, which he answered quickly. He couldn't believe his ears when the man said that Choi Inseon was taken away by the police.
   "Who? Chief Jo Kwangmin?", Song Jiseok shouted, "Why would Chief Jo be there?" Didn't he just handcuffed Chief Jo and locked him in a container? "He's in front of my eyes!"
   Then he ordered his assistant to go and open the container's gate again, while he was running after him. He had to check if it was really Chief Jo, who he locked up. The person he had locked up was still sitting on the chair and then Song Jiseok was sure that it wasn't Jo Kwangmin in front of him.
   "Jo Youngmin?", the president said shocked in an asking way and the young man in front of him started smiling.
   "You know who I am now?"
   "You two brothers decieved me together", Song Jiseok talked pissed.
   "Before, our Kwangmin was very honest and very timid. Now he becomes strong. I don't need to worry about him anymore", Youngmin spoke proudly, "He will live well by himself."
   "You punk!", Jiseok yelled, started running and kicked Youngmin straight on his chest, so that the young man fall on the ground started coughing badly. But Youngmin didn't show when he was in pain, he just stayed strong for his brother.
   "When Kwangmin was caught, was it also like this?", Youngmin asked, while Jiseok was holding onto him.
   "You're still very concerned for your brother. Then you shouldn't have come to find me!"
   "Our Kwangmin will come to catch you."
   "Fine. Very well. We'll see. Chief Jo having his brother come to me... Let's see what else he can do", Song Jiseok smirked, "He can't do anything."
   "He didn't make me. I came myself. I wanted Kwangmin to do whatever he wants."
Then Song Jiseok suddenly let go of Youngmin, stood up and picked his phone. He called Kwangmin. "Chief Jo. I was constantly worried about you", the president talked quickly.
   "How friendly. Speak clearly, of what you want to do", Kwangmin said, who stood near his car right now.
   "Your brother is also very friendly, even appearing in front of me by himself", Song Jiseok said calmly but suddenly he started shouting around, "It's enough, Jo Kwangmin! You have to find your brother, right?"
   "Why?"
   "Why? Does there need to be a reason to find your brother?"
   "How would I know if you and Jo Youngmin have joined forces and are acting together?", Kwangmin asked coldly.
   "It's the same for me. The two of you joining forces to decieve me or what have you... Ah, this one point is very definite. You are brothers. Don't forget Jo Youngmin is in my hands. Don't touch my goods."
   "I don't want to", Kwangmin said quietly so that almost no one could hear him, which confused Song Jiseok and the president crouched down next to Youngmin again who still laid on the ground. He pressed the young man's face with a hand together and punched his stomach again.
   "Say something!", Jiseok forced him and punched him again, "Quickly!!"
   "Jo Kwangmin... I miss Mom."
Then Song Jiseok took the phone back to himself but Kwangmin had ended the call after hearing Youngmin's words. "Hello?" He put his phone back in his pocket and left the container pissed, his assistant following him quickly, locking the container gate behind him again.
   "There's already a warrant out for his brother. Could he still look for him?", his assistant asked concered.
   "You don't have any brothers? He found trouble because he let his family get addicted to drugs", Jiseok talked, "Wait and see. Like Jo Youngmin, Jo Kwangmin will kneel before me and beg me to spare his brother."
   Kwangmin stood on a small pedestrian bridge, gazing into space. He wanted to think about why everything turned out like this. Why he couldn't just live a normal life like all the other people around him. But somehow his mind was blank and he was just staring into the distance, not noticing what was going on around him. He didn't even notice Minwoo, who stepped slowly closer to him.
   "Kwangmin...", Minwoo said quietly to catch his lover's attention, "What are you doing here? Let's quickly go inside."
   "I don't have an answer", Kwangmin sighed, "What kind of person that punk is..."
   "Who?"
   "Jo Youngmin."
   "Do you know when was the first time I saw you?"
   "It was the training centre, wasn't it?", Kwangmin asked and forced a small smile.
   "It was the day the results for the judicial exam were released", Minwoo smiled while thinking about their first meeting, "I saw your face had no expression. I thought you had failed. But I saw you again at the training centre entrance ceremony. Kwangmin, you kept looking at the people holding flowers to congratulate their family members. 'You've done well. You worked hard. Congratulations.' You wanted to hear those too, right?"
   "You said it, didn't you?", Kwangmin talked quietly, while looking afar.
   "That expression in your eyes still hasn't changed, Kwangmin", Minwoo said sadly and made Kwangmin looking at him, "Don't do what you'll regret."
   "He wants to deceive me, that punk. Pretending to be a good person. After joining forces with President Song, he wants to give me a heavy blow."
   "Does your heart also feel that way?"
Kwangmin gave him an empty glance, before he sighed quietly and turned back again. "It needs to. It must", the police detective said but Minwoo noticed that it was a lie. That Kwangmin forced his heart to feel that way too.

   On the next day Kwangmin was his old self again, ordering his team around, preparing everything for their investigations. "Quickly verify the log of seafood going into container today", he told one of the officers, who nodded in agreement and started working, while Kwangmin checked the post they got in the morning.
   "Is Mr. Jo Kwangmin here?", a delievery man asked as soon as he came in and the officer next to the man, pointed at Kwangmin. "Here is an express delivery." The man said and handed over a small package to Kwangmin, who bowed to thank him.
   Kwangmin opened the package quickly. In the package were only two photos, one showed a container full of the suspicious white boxes, where Kwangmin found the goods last time. On the other one was Youngmin sitting on a chair in the middle of another container, cuffed and unconscious.
   "What is this?", Donghyun asked as he saw his chief's wide eyes.
   "What is it?", Officer Baek added and looked over Kwangmin's shoulder so that he could see the photos also, "Isn't this the chief?"
   "It's Jo Youngmin", Donghyun said.
   "Pardon? What is this about? It look like he's been caught."
Then suddenly Kwangmin's phone rang and the detective slowly answered the call. "Song Jiseok", Kwangmin asked, causing Donghyun and Officer Baek to exchange confused glances.
   "You got the photo, right? You like games, right, Chief Jo?"
   "You want me to choose? How childish."
   "Is there a need to choose? Just deal with it using common sense", Song Jiseok laughed provoking, "Today, the moment you dare to touch my goods, Jo Youngmin will die. I'm not joking."
   "Do as you wish. I will also do as I wish."
   "Being able to see an identical face become a corpse, twins are really lucky."
   "You take care of yourself. After the goods are found, we'll immediately come find you", Kwangmin said and ended the call and took one more look on the photo of his brother, because he walked out of the office.
   He walked upstairs to the roof from where he had a good view over the marina. He stared on the photo of his brother once again, before he pulled out his phone and choose a number he never called before.
   "Why was Jo Youngmin taken away?", Kwangmin asked immediately as the person at the other phone answered the call, "Did Song Jiseok order it?"
   "Jo Kwangmin?", Hyunseong asked confused, "Who ordered what? Then why did you leave your brother and run out by youself? Where's Youngmin?"
   "I don't know! I don't know either!", Kwangmin ended the phone and shouted to himself, "What does that punk want to do? What does he want me to do?" He scrunched the photo up and throw it on the ground, unable to think clearly about what he should do now.
   "Jo Youngmin went to the place of transaction yesterday?", Donghyun asked and picked up the photo from the ground and Kwangmin nodded.
   "He was takes in my place."
   "Drug traffickers will do anything", Donghyun talked calmly, "Save your brother first."
   "Song Jiseok wants me, not Jo Youngmin. Using meaningless things to threaten me. Go to the port. There's no time", Kwangmin said and wanted to go ahead, but Donghyun grabbed his arm to stop him.
   "Your brother is meaningless?"
   "Didn't you see what he did in my name at the police bureau?"
   "Jo Youngmin's first order after arriving at the police bureau was to find his kidnapped brother", Donghyun explained, "He wanted to find you."
   "That's just a trick. Why did he move the drugs?"
   "Stubborn you. Must you continue not believing your brother?"
   "The amount of drugs being shipped today will be at least 100s of thousands of people taking them. After finding it, we'll consider Jo Youngmin after", Kwangmin said, causing Donghyun to shake his head because he couldn't believe what he heard.
   "Who exactly was it? There's one in your family. A drug addict." Donghyun could see that he hit a soft spot with those words.
   "Team leader Kim, I...", Kwangmin stopped and took a long break before he continued, "I can still feel my mother's ice-cold cheeks. We have to end it." Then Donghyun nodded in agreement and laid the photo of Youngmin into Kwangmin's hand.
   Kwangmin kept staring on the picture of Youngmin for a while before he went downstairs and told his team the plan. They asked for some more men from the other devisions to get some help. They splitted their team into two, one was with Kwangmin looking for drugs while the other team was looking for the container where Youngmin was locked up.
   They headed to the container port where one truck was about to leave. They stopped the driver and the police officers quickly jumped out of their cars to search the container. They broke the lock to get inside the container, where they found hundrets of white fish boxes and the officers started searching the boxes, which were filled with fishes until someone found the drugs, which were hid inside the fishes again.
   Kwangmin was looking his officers from afar as suddenly his phone rang and without looking at the calling number, Kwangmin knew that it was Song Jiseok who called him. He was sure that someone of the president's men was watching them and informed his boss.
   "Your losses aren't small", Kwangmin said confident, "Where are you? I have to catch you. Just say it."
   "You don't want your brother?", Song Jiseok yelled pissed.
   "We're currently looking for him."
   "Look all you like. You won't find him no matter how you look. Even if you find him, it'll be over. Let him follow his lover to another world."
   "You don't need to bother. You'll be finished soon too", Kwangmin talked calmly, hiding deep inside that he was actually really worried about his brother but he would never show anyone, not even himself.
   "I can't die. Do the funeral well", Song Jiseok said and hung off, before he turned to his assistant, "Send someone over there immediately. Send Jo Youngmin on his way. Hurry up!"
   "He's not here", Kwangmin said to himself after hunging up but then he shook his head, "No... look around first!"
   "What did President Song say?", Donghyun asked.
   "He said with his lover...", Kwangmin talked confused and thought about the words as he suddenly remembered, "Jo Youngmin's lover... Jeongmin..." Then he turned to the police officers who were searching through the fishes. "Search group, stay here. Others, follow me!"
   Kwangmin jumped into his car and some police officers followed him with their van. It was just a feeling and Kwangmin knew that it was a risk to follow just a feeling but he had to check on it. "Wait, punk! Wait for me!", Kwangmin shouted in his car, while driving down the highway until he saw a truck from afar.
   He stopped the car as soon as he reached the truck and opened the gate. He climbed into the container and walked inside until he saw it clearly. His brother sat unconscious and cuffed on a chair. The ground around Youngmin was covered with lots of used shots. Kwangmin stepped slowly closer, leading his shivering hand to Youngmin's face, he had to check if Youngmin was still alive but he couldn't touch his older brother and stepped slowly backwards. At the same moment Donghyun, Officer Baek and other police officers arrived at the scene and Donghyun quickly climbed into the container.
   Donghyun looked from Youngmin to Kwangmin, who stared to his older brother and the team leader gave Officer Baek a nod to check on the young man. Officer Baek nodded quickly and crouched down in front of Youngmin, checking for the pulse. When the officer turned slowly back he could see how his chief was leaving the container.
   Outside Kwangmin had to open his button-up shirt because he had the feeling that he couldn't breath propably anymore. He was just walking some steps as the ambulance and more police van's were arriving at the scene.
   The ambulance took Youngmin into the nearest hospital, while Donghyun and Officer Baek followed them, helping the nurse and doctor to bring Youngmin into the emercengy room. After the check up Youngmin was laying on a sickbed, Donghyun and Officer Baek standing next to the bed without talking.
   "He's still unconscious. It seems like those guys injected a lot into him", Officer Baek said quietly after a while, "He's in shock to do drug overdose."
   "Where's Chief Jo?"
   "I couldn't reach him. Not coming to see his brother, where did he run off to? He's in critical condition", Officer Baek talked as suddenly someone else was entering the room quickly.
   "Hey, Youngmin. This punk... what happened?", the man said as soon as he reached his friend's bedside, "Hey, Youngmin."

   When Donghyun and Officer Baek returned at the office, they found Kwangmin checking on all documents they had about Song Jiseok so far. Donghyun knew the reason why Kwangmin was overworking himself but Officer Baek wasn't that sensitive at all.
   "Chief Jo, you're not going to the hospital... What are you doing staying here?"
   "Sorting out the evidence."
   "Jo Youngmin is unconscious. Go on", Donghyun talked calmly.
   "Why do I have to go? He's wanted", Kwangmin said without looking up from the documents.
   "Wake up, Chief Jo", Officer Baek couldn't held it back anymore and grabbed Kwangmin on his upper arm, turning the young Chief around to him, "Before you kept having us catch Jo Youngmin or otherwise. I really thought he was a bad person, but on the first day Jo Youngmin came to work as you, he made a 90-degree bow, imploring us. 'Please save my brother.' That day, were you caught by the seaside? Team leader, you remember too, right? That day, he said he found his brother by the seaside."
   Kwangmin just shook his head slowly. "I never saw Jo Youngmin", the young chief was talking uncertainly and slowly, "Go catch and bring Song Jiseok back here." Then Kwangmin walked slowly to his office, where he was resting his head in his hands. He didn't know how long he was there, doing nothing, thinking about nothing but after a while Donghyun came in and he brought someone with him.
   "Team leader, this isn't the investigation room", Kwangmin said tired without looking at the man Donghyun brought in.
   "You can't do it because it was ordered by others", the man talked like he was mesmerized and Kwangmin looked confused at the man.
   "This punk has been saying this since being caught and brought back by Jo Youngmin", Donghyun exkpained.
   "Killing isn't that simple... Living on after killing someone... How difficult that is..."
   "Can you think of who said these words?", Donghyun asked Kwangmin whose eyes were already tearing up, "Your brother was like a child, sobbing. Tugging on this punk and saying those words."
   "You!", Kwangmin shouted and threw his papers from his desk by jumping up, "What are you doing showing me this?"
   "Go to the hospital! What would you do if your brother was really gone?"
   "It doesn't matter. Just take it as though he has died. I've lived until now", Kwangmin said and left his office but he couldn't forget the words the man said, which he had from his older brother. And before he could start thinking he found himself in front of the hospital.
   He stood in front of the entrance door of the hospital. He wanted to go inside but he didn't have enough courage to go in, so he turned around again. But he also couldn't leave and sat down on a bench next to the entrance, where he pulled out the picture of Youngmin, which showed him in the container as he suddenly got grabbed on his arm and pulled up.
   "Go in", Hyunseong said and wanted to pull Kwangmin inside but the police officer freed himself from the man's grip, "Let's go. Youngmin, in order to see you from the car wreck first, helplessly watched Jeongmin die. That guy liked Jeongmin so much, I think he even loved him, but he only saw you at the time. Are drugs more important than your brother? Your mother already passed away!"
   "Mom...", Kwangmin said in an asking tone and turned surprised to Hyunseong.
   "Youngmin told me everything. Your mother passed away due to drugs."
   "How did that punk know?", Kwangmin asked angrily and grabbed Hyunseong on his collar. He never intend to tell Youngmin. He never intend to let Youngmin know. "In order to hide that I didn't want him to know so I didn't go and find him. How did he find out?"
   "Losing your mother like that, at least you should have saved your brother. What is this? Your brother... he might... might die soon. Quickly go in!"
   "That's why! How can I see him?!", Kwangmin shouted back, fighting against his tears, "I killed him with my own hands. How can I see his face?"
   "Come with me. Come with me", Hyunseong sighed and pulled the police detective into the hospital and pushed him into Youngmin's room. Hyunseong gave him one more glance before he slowly left the room again.
   Kwangmin stepped slowly into the room closer to Youngmin, who laid unconscious in his bed. His older brother was mechanically ventilated and it gave Kwangmin an aching heart seeing Youngmin like this because it reminded him of the last moments of his mother.
   "Ya... Jo Youngmin", Kwangmin started talking quietly, "Why are you laying here? You being like that, what am I between you and mom? That I shouldn't have entered that household, is that the meaning?" Tears filled his eyes and he started shouting. "Get up, punk! Why must you die in front of me? I want to return Mom to you. Your life! I want to return it to you. Hyung!" Kwangmin started crying while he leaned over his older brother, calming down again. "Hyung... Youngmin hyung... Get up... You have to live... Please... Why, two people who were born together, am I always left alone? I know I have Minwoo but I'm here. Youngmin hyung, I'm still alive."
 
Flashback
   "Hyung. Youngmin hyung", Kwangmin said when he reached the roof of his old school, where Youngmin stood on the balustrade where his former fellow student fall over and died. It was just some days after Youngmin was released from prison.
   "Yes, dude. I'm your brother", Youngmin talked as he heard him and looked at his brother, "Why is it so hard to hear you say 'hyung'?"
   Kwangmin nodded slowly. "I'm sorry."
   "What's with you? Why are you here?"
   "You miss Mom, right?", Kwangmin asked with a calm voice, "Still, don't go. You won't ditch me and go, right?"
Youngmin took a deep breath and looked up to the clear, blue winter heaven. "I've regretted it many times, wearing the school uniform with your name on it and coming here", Youngmin talked and his younger brother nodded slowly, "Kwangmin... This time, borrowing your name, I felt happy for the first time."
   "I should have stopped you. This time, as well as that time."
   "It's all right. You would have done that too if you were me", Youngmin turned back to his brother, who stood some steps away from him, and smiled slightly, "It's our first time being able to communicate, Jo Kwangmin."
   "I was wrong, Hyung", Kwangmin said with a sad expression on his face.
   "You did well. Smile", Youngmin smiled and pointed on his own bright smile and Kwangmin smiled slightly
Flashback End


   Kwangmin lead his hand slowly on his brother's cheek, caressing it softly while the tears were running over his face. It was the first time since days or weeks or months maybe that he honestly smiled again. He couldn't even remember the time when he smiled like this the last time.
   Suddenly a loud peep sounded. The pulse getting slower and slower, giving Kwangmin a huge fright. He stood up and stepped slowly backwards. "Over here... Over here... Nurse! Nurse!", Kwangmin shouted and the doctor already ran over to Youngmin, checking Youngmin's condition.
   Kwangmin kept walking and turned around, leaving the hospital slowly, where Hyunseong waited in front of the entrance. But Kwangmin didn't give one single glance to Hyunseong, who quickly entered the hospital again to check on his friend, while Kwangmin walked quickly to his car. He drove back to the office. It was time to end all of this. He stormed into his private office, where he get his gun out of the desk, put it into his jacket and left the office again.
   "Chief. Chief", Office Baek shouted after him but Kwangmin ignored him completely.

   Song Jiseok sat on his chair behind his desk in the transaction office near the container habour as Kwangmin walked in without making a sound. He turned slowly around and stood up as he noticed the chief. "You have come at last", Song Jiseok talked loudly and laughed, "I thought you simply didn't care."
   "Catching you...", Kwangmin suddenly shouted, "I thought we'd smile together. As long as you were caught, there would be a moment I'd become a decent person in front of my brother. But even that moment was lost. When Mom died, I should have gone to kill you and gone to prison with my brother." Then Kwangmin slowly pulled out his gun, causing Song Jiseok to laugh.
   "A gun again?", he laughed and remembered Youngmin threatening him with a gun, which was a total mess, "Your brother didn't dare to open fire. His whole body trembled and he kneeled in front of me. He begged that I let you go. Are you able to shoot?"
   "I've already fired...", Kwangmin answered with an angry voice, "...at my brother."
   Song Jiseok laughed even more and nodded in agreement. "Indeed, you're a younger brother, who gives up on his older brother. Then shoot."
   Kwangmin pointed with the gun at Song Jiseok and suddenly Officer Baek and Donghyun entered the room, who followed their chief after he left the office so quickly again.
   "Chief!"
   "Leave him. Let him shoot", Song Jiseok laughed loudly, "Shoot!" And Kwangmin didn't hesitate and shot, giving the president a fright that he fall back on his desk. As he stood up again he noticed that the detective didn't shoot him.
   "Where are you shooting?", he shouted laughing but then he noticed something wet on his cheek. When he touched his cheek slowly and looked on his fingers, he noticed that he was bleeding. Kwangmin shot on him but it was just a grazing shot, which proved that he was able to shoot Song Jiseok, if he wanted to.
   Kwangmin pointed at Song Jiseok again, while Donghyun looked from Song Jiseok at his chief, who's expression was as cold as he never saw it before. "Goodbye", Kwangmin said quietly.
   "Kwangmin. Jo Kwangmin", Donghyun spoke calmly from behind, "Don't shoot. Leave it. You know how difficult it's been for your brother. You didn't persist until this day for this. Youngmin wouldn't want you to do this, Kwangmin."
   "Team leader Kim... that kind of brother... will no longer exist in this world", Kwangmin said and the tears filled his eyes. When the first tear left his eye and rolled over his cheek, Kwangmin couldn't hold it back anymore and shot two times.
   Donghyun sent Kwangmin out to take walk, while Officer Baek helped Song Jiseok to stand up again. Once again Kwangmin used a grazing shot to fright the president, once again he hurt Song Jiseok's cheek.
   "I'll go to the hospital first then to the police bureau", Song Jiseok said while holding a tissue on his bleeding cheek, "I have to report Chief Jo Kwangmin." Then he stood up and left the office. When he reached the stairs, where his assistant waited for him already, he noticed that someone stood next to his car downstairs. "Who's there?"
   But then suddenly his assistant turned around to him and stabbed him. His assistant pulled out the knife and walked down the stairs while Song Jiseok slowly crouched down, holding his stomach, breathing quickly and looked on his assistant, who called someone. "It's been dealt with."
   Kwangmin walked up the hill until he reached the their old house. He entered the empty flat and closed the door behind him, walking straight into the dark kitchen. He sat down at the ground, leaning against the wall at the place where he sat next to his mother, while she was sleeping.
   "Mom", he talked quickly to himself, "I will come find you. You don't have to accept me. I won't be your son again. Youngmin hyung... My brother... I won't be your brother. Sending away whomever..."
   Kwangmin hugged his knees like a teenager again, hiding his face for sobbing and the tears started running down his face. "I won't do it again."
   Then he pulled out his gun, pointing it on his head and his hands started shivering. He wanted to shoot himself and was about to shoot as suddenly noticed the mirror had fallen down from the wall. Kwangmin slowly opened his eyes completely again and put the gun down before he crawled over to the other side of the kitchen to the broken mirror. He picked it up and quickly found another message, which wasn't from him. "Jo Kwangmin, my brother" And finally Kwangmin understood everything.

   "Youngmin, Kwangmin had a tantrum today", his mother told him through the window and Youngmin smiled. He was glad that his brother was doing well without him.
   "That punk knows how to throw a trantrum with you? I have to teach him a lesson when I'm out again", Youngmin smiled, causing his mother to smile slightly as well.
   "I should teach him, of course", his mother said but somehow she look really sad, the day before she had the first and only fight with Kwangmin, "I'm really an idiot fool. What is my son thinking in his heart? I don't know at all. Did I raise Kwangmin? How can I be such an idiot?"
   "Stop it", Youngmin said calmly, "You did well. It's tough for you."
   "But I'm very happy that Kwangmin said those words like my son", his mother smiled before her expression changed into a more serious one again, "Youngmin. Your brother Kwangmin, you have to protect him well. Aside from you, there's nobody who can protect Kwangmin."
   "I know", Youngmin nodded smiling, "You and Kwangmin. I'll protect you two."
   His mother took a relieved breath and nodded with a bright smile and Youngmin replied the smile.


   Kwangmin kneeled down next to Youngmin's sickbed. His older brother was still unconscious and didn't show any reaction till now. He took Youngmin's cold hand, holding it tightly to warm it up again, before he leaned his head on his brother's hand. After all what happened, after all those bad things which happened Kwangmin was sure that his brother would come back to him. Then they could start new, could be a family and Kwangmin would introduce Minwoo to him. They could live together as family, like every other normal family as well. They deserved a happy ending like everyone else as well and they would have had a happy end. Kwangmin and his older brother. Youngmin and his younger brother. All together with Minwoo and the memories of their mother. Now since everything was over, it was time to start a new life.