Second Act

Canicula
Flashback
   Kwangmin entered the flat. From the hallway he could see a few empty, little bottles laying around on the floor, but he couldn't see his mother. He walked slowly ahead until he saw his mother sitting in a corner, covering her ears. Kwangmin closed his eyes and took a deep breathe, before he stepped into the kitchen, which they also used as living room. He picked up the blanket and covered his mother, who seemed to fall asleep. Then he crouched down to throw the bottles and papers, which laid also on the ground, away. 
   Suddenly his mother woke up again and gave Kwangmin a confused glance. "Ajussi", she whispered and Kwangmin turned slowly around to her, "Please give me that." She stretched out her hands to recieve one of those bottles again. "I can't be without that. Please give me that. Just one, please", she begged and suddenly she started looking for some money, which she got out of her pocket. "I have money. Please, just give me one."
   Kwangmin had to held back his tears as he stepped back to his mother, grapping her upper arms. "Mom, wake up!", he whimmered, before his voice became calm again, "This is home. Home! Wake up!" Then Kwangmin noticed that his mother had plugged her ears.
   "Even if I plug my ears, I can hear the sound of people scolding Youngmin", she talked like she was talking to a stranger and put her plug back into her ears, before she turned back to Kwangmin and started begging again, "Please. Just give me one. Without it, I'll die. Just give me one bottle."
   "Don't you have me?", Kwangmin asked with teary eyes, "Me? Jo Kwangmin. Your son."
   But his mother just pushed him away so that he fell on his on the ground. "Give it to me!", she shouted, "I said I'd give you money. Money. Bring it out! Give it to me!" Then she grabbed the garbage can and emptied it to get her bottles back, trying to bring some more liquid out but they were all empty already. "Youngminnie... Our Youngmin... Where are you?"
   Kwangmin quickly stood up and walked into his room, where he leaned against the door and slowly slipped down on the ground and started crying. He couldn't bear with all that anymore.
 
 
   The men carried Kwangmin to a black car, where they pushed him against it and Kwangmin slipped down on the ground, leaning against the car. He looked confused around. For a second he didn't know what happened as he remembered that a car hit Jeongmin's car, but he didn't know what happened that he was sitting there. Then a man slowly walked around and appeared aside Kwangmin.
   "Song Jiseok", Kwangmin said surprised, "President Song." Kwangmin wanted to stand up to go to Song Jiseok but the President's assistant pushed him down on the ground again. Kwangmin noticed Jiseok's glance and Kwangmin followed the look until he saw Youngmin, who sat on the ground, holding Jeongmin in his arms. Then Song Jiseok started walking to Youngmin and Kwangmin tried to stop him, but the assistant still hold on him. "Jo Youngmin", Kwangmin talked to himself before he suddenly got hit badly on his head and fall on the ground.
   "Jeongmin", Youngmin said tearfully, while holding his friend in his arms.
   "What are you doing, Chief Jo Kwangmin?", he was asked from behind and slowly saw a man, who threw his brother's wallet to him. Youngmin picked it up and opened it, where he saw Kwangmin's police ID-card. He over his brother's face slowly, before he stood up and turned to the site where he had placed his little brother. "Kwangmin! Jo Kwangmin", he shouted for his brother, but he wasn't there and then he saw how some men carried him away. "KWANGMIN!" He shouted and wanted to follow them but suddenly another man appeared and pushed Youngmin backwards, before he grabbed him on his collar so that he couldn't move anymore.
   "Aigoo...", the man said slowly and stood up, "Finish listening to me, punk. Hyunseong said you were looking for work, so I came expressly to find you."
   "Hyunseong?"
   "Our Jeongmin is very seriously hurt", the man talked.
   "You... Jeongmin's president, please save him."
   "I thought you would have saved Jeongmin first", Jiseok smirked and gave him a strict glance before he turned back to Jeongmin, who laid on the ground, "You ended up sending away your lover by your own hands. How can a man be like that?"
   "It couldn't be... it couldn't be that you saw it all?", Youngmin talked stunned, "But you sat idly? You're Jeongmin's boss. Jeongmin is your employee. Jeongmin was fine. Jeongmin was alive. But why? Why did you sit idly? Why?"
   "I ordered it", the man said coldly and Youngmin's eyes grew big. He couldn't believe it. How could someone be like that? He wanted to punch the man's face but his assistant hold him tight and pushed him against the car, which stood near by.
   "Why did you kill him? Why?", Youngmin shouted.
   "I haven't killed yet", he said and looked to his men, who were busy with Kwangmin, "Look there. Still alive, isn't he?"
   "My brother... let me go", Youngmin spoke and was able to push the assistant away. He started running after them, while calling for his brother. He attacked one of the men as soon as he reached them when they laid his brother in the car. "Ya! What are you doing? Kwangmin, wake up!", Youngmin shouted and tried to pull his brother out of the car again as he suddenly got grabbed on his hair and pulled backwards so that he hit the ground and the group of men started beating him.
   "Gosh so noisy", Jiseok said to himself, while sitting in his car. He turned his head out of the window to give his men some more orders. "How can he work if he's injured? Be a bit gentler. Gentler." Then he gave his assistant a handsign and waited until they brought Youngmin to the open window. The young man breathed hardly from the punches and kicks, not even able to look up to the other man. "What is your name?", Jiseok asked.
   "Jo Youngmin", the young man aspirated and the man smirked, while turning on the inner light at the backseat of the car.
   "No... it's Jo Kwangmin. You have to go to work at the police bureau as the chief of the criminal division. You just have to do as I instruct and your brother can return to the police bureau. Just treat it like you're substituting for him during the accident recovery. And delegate", Jiseok explained seriously.
   "You're joking...", Youngmin breathed hardly, while the blood was slowly running down his face, "I don't know how to do anything... Take me with you..."
   "I wanted to do that, but your brother is too unreasoning. No charm. I should be able to reason with his brother, right? Consider your brother. We can't have your brother turn out like Jeongmin, right?", Jiseok talked pissed and Youngmin turned his head up to gave the man in front of him a shocked glance, "If you do well, I will treat him well. As long as you arrest the person I want, don't worry. It's really a bad person."
   With all his last strength Youngmin grabbed Jiseok's jacket on the shoulder to force the older man to look at him. "He has to live. My brother. Our Kwangmin. He has to live", Youngmin said and Jiseok nodded.
   "I will do that."
   "I've killed and gone to prison", Youngmin added and his grip tightened, "You have to take good care of our Kwangmin. Otherwise, I'll throw you into hell."
Jiseok smirked, grabbed his jacket and pulled it out of Youngmin's hand, before he gave his assistant another handsign that it was time for Youngmin to leave now and his assistant pulled the younger man out of the window, before he threw him on the ground. "I'll congratulate you in advance for you pleasant first day at work, Chief Jo Kwangmin", Jiseok said out of the window while clapping slowly, then he looked up to assistant who stood next to the door, "Let's go."
 
   "Chief Jo", Officer Baek said as soon as he entered the hospital's room on the next morning, while Youngmin slowly opened his eyes and looked around, "Chief Jo, are you awake? Are you better?"
   Youngmin kept looking confused around until he suddenly saw the pair of gloves on the table next to his bed. "J... J... Jeongmin", he said and frowned in pain, "Where is...."
   "I'm here, Chief Jo", the officer talked confused.
   "It seems like he's talking about the other boy who was in the accident with him", Donghyun interrupted the officer, "Tell him!"
   "Ahh... that boy in the compact car... he died before the ambulance arrived", Officer Baek told him and Youngmin took a deep breath and closed his eyes to realise what was going on, "Chief Jo, was it someone you knew well? Chief Jo? Were you close?"
   "Who... who did you say I was?", Youngmin asked confused and Officer Baek and Donghyun exchanged confused looks.
   "Chief Jo Kwangmin of course", Officer Baek talked.
   "Chief Jo Kwangmin", Youngmin repeated slowly to himself.
   "Do you recognize me? Chief?", the officer asked and Youngmin remembered the night when Kwangmin pushed the officer away from him, who wanted to put his helmet down so badly.
   "Officer Baek Jintae...", Youngmin remembered the name and said it quietly.
   "And I thought there was something wrong with your head. I was scared to death."
   "At the scene of the accident, who else was there?", Youngmin asked.
   "You and the boy who passed away. The man from the car that caused the accident", Officer Baek talked and turned around to point at the other bed, but it was empty, "Weren't they sent here together? How come he's not here? Is he getting checked-up?"
   "Chief Jo, what happened in the middle of the night?", Donghyun suddenly came in and stopped Officer Baek to babble confused around.
   "He said it was because of drugs", Youngmin spoke with a thin voice.
   "Huh? You're talking about drugs again? You are already in the hospital, kid!"
   "He said he crashed because someone would give him drugs. Our Jeongmin was alive. For drugs that guy crashed the car again", Youngmin talked and finally Donghyun understood.
   "For drugs? That guy earlier."
   "What?", Officer Baek asked.
   "Catch the lame guy from earlier, who was leaving the room before we came in!"
   "Yes!"
The two detectives left the room to look for the guy who left Youngmin's room some seconds before the two officers came in. Donghyun already thought that the guy was suspicious but he didn't think more about it, because who could have known that he was the one, who caused the accident.
   Youngmin followed them because he also wanted to catch the man, although he wasn't a real police detective and even hurt. But for Jeongmin he had to find him. He saw how Donghyun and Officer Baek catched a man, who looked similar but it was the wrong guy and Youngmin decided to check the other direction. He turned left and saw the man standing outside in a corner in the snow, checking his phone. The man wanted to run away but because of his hurt leg, Youngmin was able to catch him easily. He grabbed him and they fell on the ground, starting to fight. Youngmin grabbed the small package out of the man's hand and throw it as far away as he could, while sitting on the man so that he couldn't move anymore.
   "Punk! You did it because of this stuff? Jeongmin died! You did it. Regardless of whether it was under the instructions of others, the one in the car was you. He was fine! You did it! It's because of you!", Youngmin shouted and slowly started crying, "His eyes were open. Because of people like you, he's gone. Even if instructed by others, you shouldn't have done that. It's not something you can do because you were instructed to. Killing someone isn't that simple! Living on after killing someone... How painful an experience that is! Aish!" Then Youngmin couldn't hold his tears back anymore and fall down on the ground next to the man, started crying bitterly over Jeongmin's death and everything what happened the last night and in his life.
  When Donghyun found his Chief sitting in the snow next to the man, who laid on the ground and passed out, he called for Officer Baek to cuff the man and bring him to the car, while he would bring their chief detective back into his room. 
   After dressing up Youngmin left the room and drove to the police department, where he went into his office. He closed the door behind him and took a deep breath before he looked around. Everything was tidied up well just like he knew it from his younger brother. He walked behind the desk and saw a picture of a young man, who smiled warmly to the camera. Youngmin smiled, because he was happy that Kwangmin found someone like him, who seemed nice and kind.
   It knocked at the door and Donghyun opened the door to put his head in. "That guy fainted. It doesn't look like we can question him today. Head home early to rest, Chief Jo", the team leader said and wanted to go again before he came back into the office once again, "DO you have something to say?"
   Youngmin looked at the picture of workers in the office, he had to know the man's name first before he could say anything. "Team leader Kim Donghyun", Youngmin talked and took a deep breath, "What kind of person is the guy called Jo Kwangmin?"
   "Huh?"
   "What kind of person is he, Jo Kwangmin?", Youngmin repeated.
Donghyun entered the office completely and closed the door behind him, while smiling. "It's still the start of the year. You want me to start with good?"
   "Are there things to revile?"
   "What person doesn't have things worthy of revile. Everyone is the same. Mhh... you are... From the outside, I just want to beat you up. Not only smart, but handsome, don't let others near you. I dislike that kind of person the most. But as an officer, you're not bad. What I mean is I want you to continue to work harder", Donghyun said and Youngmin nodded.
   "Today, I might not do too well. Please look after me", Youngmin spoke and smiled.
   "You know how to smile?", Donghyun asked surprised, "It looks nice. You should smile more often. Go change your clothes." Youngmin looked down on his clothes, he was wearing the suit he wore last night. It was covered with blood and dust. A chief officer shouldn't look like this. Once again Youngmin looked at the mirror as suddenly his phone rang and he answered the call quickly.
   "Have you started to adjust?", Song Jiseok talked through the phone, "Then you just have to work. You rely on the people's taxes to support you. Choi Inseon... her wealthy husband died early. She lives quite comfortably. I heard she remarried for just a year, then killed her new husband. That aside. There's a deal today. It's a large deal."
   "I understand", Youngmin said quietly.
   "You've figured out the situation now", Jiseok smirked and Youngmin ended the call.
   "Hyungmin, the boy at the scene of the accident", Officer Baek talked to Donghyun, "The place he worked at is Club Mao."
   "Where? At President Song's club?"
   "Yes, he was a host at Mao. I heard he was working yesterday. It doesn't seem to be an ordinary case. I'm starting to smell something fishy", Officer Baek said and suddenly Donghyun stood up from his seat to greet their Chief Jo, who stopped in front of them.
   "Are you heading back to rest?", Donghyun asked and turned to the other officer, "Officer Baek, Jintae go with him."
   "Then I'll just go with the chief and get off work together. Let's go."
   "That...", Youngmin suddenly came up.
   "What's wrong? You have something to say?", Officer Baek asked.
   "There's a bit I need to do."
   "What is it?", Donghyun asked, "Is it a case? Drugs again?"
   "Someone has been kidnapped", Youngmin talked.
   "Huh?", Donghyun and Officer Baek shouted shocked at the same time.
   "That... My brother's been kidnapped! You have to find my brother", Youngmin said and bowed deeply, begging for their help because he wasn't able to do it on his own. But he just wanted to get his brother back.
    At the same time Kwangmin was catched in the trunk compartment of a car. Suddenly someone opened it and pulled a cloth bag over his head before he carried him somewhere. Kwangmin didn't know where he was but he had to get away from the place as soon as possible. So he used his chance when one of the men didn't pay any attention to him, he put the cloth bag down and started running.
   "Hey! Catch him!", the man shouted and he and his colleague started running after Kwangmin, which wasn't easy for any of them because the ground was covered with snow and ice. But Kwangmin didn't let himself stop by them although his hands were cuffed and he fall down because of the slippery road surface.
   "It's a kidnapping", Donghyun said, "We have to act quickly. Search the club first."
   Youngmin followed Donghyun who walked out of the meeting room, while Officer Baek walked to the desk, where the phone was ranging. "Yes, this is the criminal division", the Officer answered the call.
   "This is Chief Jo."
   "Pardon? Hello?"
   "This is Chief Jo", the caller repeated and it sounded like the person on the other line was running. 
   "What? Chief Jo? Haha good joke! You're really hard working, Chief Jo", Officer Baek talked in a teasing way, "I'm busy okay, everyone is busy here. Call again when you're the department head, punk!"
   "Hello?", Kwangmin shouted but Officer Baek ended the call.
   "Hey, stop right there!", the men shouted and Kwangmin started running again, while he tried to call someone else.
   "Hello?", Minwoo answered the call.
   "It's me."
   "Huh?"
   "It's me, Minwoo. Kwangmin!"
   "Oh, Kwangmin. What nummer is this?", Minwoo asked confused.
   "Minwoo, listen carefully. This is close to the dock. Geoseok Road 3, close to the sea-"
Suddenly the connection broke and Minwoo looked confused down on his phone. He didn't understand what was going on but from one second to another he was worried. Really worried about his boyfriend. "Kwangmin..."
   Kwangmin got hit by a car, causing the call to broke. Kwangmin stood up from the ground quickly and walked to the car's door, where he was knocked against the dark window "I'm a police officer. Help me!"
   "Stop!"
   "Please help me!"
Then the window at the back opened and revealed Song Jiseok. The President got out of the car to face Kwangmin, who got catched by his assistant. The man slapped his assistant straight in the face. "You're not managing the kids properly. You can't even watch one person."
   "I'm sorry."
Minwoo tried to call Kwangmin on his phone although he used another number first. He tried it over and over again until the call was finally answered. "Kwangmin? Hello? Kwangmin?! Who are you? Hey, who are you?", Minwoo shouted through the phone.
   "Hello", a thin voice suddenly came up.
   "Why'd you pull a prank? You wanna kill me?"
   "Pardon?"
   "Why didn't you pick up quickly! Do you know how scared I was?"
   "Did you hear about the accident?"
   "Accident? You really were in an accident? You just called me from an unknown number. I really thought you were hurt. I thought something happened.", Minwoo talked angered and worried, "What's up with you? Kwangmin? You're Kwangmin, right? Kwangmin?"
   "What unknown number was the call from?", Youngmin asked.
   "Why are you speaking formally all of a sudden? Kwangmin, are you sick?"
   "What was the number?"
   "The number isn't picking up. Just said it was the dock, by the sea. Geoseok Road 3 or something like this", Minwoo explained and after thanking him, Youngmin ended the call and drove to the address, which the younger man told him.
   In the meanwhile was Kwangmin beaten up by Jiseok's assistant in a small fishery house, while Jiseok sat in front of the heater and watched everything until he gave his assistant the sign to stop. "What a nice sight", the president talked.
   "What... what do you want to do to me?", Kwangmin asked, who laid on the ground while spitting some blood.
   "I don't know yet."
   "Jeongmin. Where's Jeongmin?"
   "He's gone. Who can continue using a person like him?"
   "It couldn't be. He's alive, right?"
   "No. Look at you being so arrogant."
   "What do you want from me?"
   "Christmas. You don't remember? I lost quite a bit that day."
   "That's great then."
   "You're still not clear about the situation? Chief Jo, this isn't the police bureau."
   "Though this isn't the police bureau, you can still be taken in."
Suddenly Jiseok's phone rang and the president was answering the call after saying that there were too many calls these days. When Jiseok hung up again he didn't look satisfied but kind of troubled.
   "What is it? It seems like there's trouble", Kwangmin said.
 
   Youngmin followed the small path to the fishery houses where he saw one of Jiseok's men, who he followed slowly. He bumped into one of the houses where two men sat in front of the heater.
   "Stay still! Don't move!", Youngmin shouted when he entered the room, while holding the gun in his hands, pointing it at the two men.
   "Aish you scared me!", one man cussed.
   "Gun?", the other man asked.
   "Kwangmin! Jo Kwangmin!", Youngmin called for his brother but he didn't get an answer, "Where is Kwangmin? Where is he?" Then his phone rang and Youngmin didn't know what he should do. Answer the call or keep asking the men for Kwangmin.
   "Isn't it noisy? Answer it", one of the man talked. Youngmin kept pointing with the gun at the two men, while he picked up the call.
   "Not over there!", Jiseok's voice said, "Behind, behind. Look behind you. Can you see clearly?" Youngmin turned around and saw Jiseok waving to him. "Your brother is also with us."
   "KWANGMIN!", he shouted as soon as he saw his brother and he wanted to run to him, while pointing the gun to Jiseok.
   "Ya ya ya, firstly stay there and don't move", Jiseok ordered.
   "What happened? Didn't you say you'd let him live?", Youngmin shouted.
   "Oh he is still alive. However, Chief Jo broke the contract first. That's why I have to break the contract too. Is that a gun?"
   "That's right! If you don't want to die, let our Kwangmin go."
   "Gun?", Jiseok laughed, "Ha, go and fire, kid! It's too far. You can't see clearly? I heard you've killed and gone to prison before, right? Killing your brother this time and going to prison doesn't sound bad to me. Come on, let me hear the gun shot!" But Youngmin wasn't able to shoot because he was afraid that he could shot Kwangmin instead of Jiseok. "Shall I let you hear his voice?", Jiseok asked and pressed the phone on Kwangmin's ear, so that Youngmin could hear his brother's heavy breathings, then Jiseok put the phone back to him, "Listen well, this could be the last time."
   "Let him go", Youngmin screamed and let the gun fall down on the ground and his voice lowered, "P... please let him go... President Song, please let him go. Please let our Kwangmin go. I was wrong. I don't dare any more. Please let him go."
   "Mhh I don't know", Jiseok laughed.
   "Please, please let our Kwangmin go. Please I beg you", Youngmin begged and fall down on his knees to show Jiseok that he was serious, "Let him go, please. Let him go."
   "I can't see clearly from here. You're kneeling right? Why is there no reply?"
   "Yes."
   "If you want to see your brother again, don't be rash. Especially if you cause trouble at my place of business, you won't be seeing your brother again. There is no reply again."
   "Yes, I understand", Youngmin answered while sobbing.
   "I told you about Madam Choi last time. It seems like she's still living well. I'll find a good time to contact you again, then I will tell you what you have to do but there can't be a mistake this time", Jiseok told him and smirked at Youngmin before hanging up and they left, leaving the crying and screaming Youngmin alone behind.
 
   Hyunseong tried to call Jeongmin and Youngmin the whole day, but no one of them answered their phones and Hyunseong was sure that he would get in trouble when Jeongmin would skip work. He was sure Youngmin took Jeongmin to the seaside or somewhere else, where they could be alone as he suddenly saw his president's car parking behind the club. He saw the assistant, the most scariest guy he ever saw. The assistant looked around to check the area before he opened the back door and pulled a man out of the car.
   "Youngmin?", Hyunseong whispered shocked and turned away, afraid that someone could see him. Then he looked back and saw how they carried Youngmin inside.
   Officer Baek checked Chief Jo's office but it was empty. "Chief Jo isn't around", the Officer told his team leader.
   "Where has he gone?", Donghyun asked confused, "Send people over to Gwang Yong Su San and look around places under President Song's management." Then Youngmin entered the police department slowly. "Chief Jo Kwangmin, what happened? You didn't go to the club, right? We couldn't reach you. We thought you had been kidnapped as well."
   "My brother... has been found."
   "Huh? Where?", Officer Baek asked.
   "The sea."
   "The sea? They threw your brother into the sea?"
   "N... no..."
   "Then? You wouldn't be saying that he went there for vacation, right?"
   "That's right. So you don't need to search for him."
   "Seriously, Chief Jo!"
   "Didn't I say he was found?", Youngmin shouted, "Satisfied?" Then Youngmin walked quickly ahead into his private office.
   "Aish, really. He doesn't even consider the labour of others", Officer Baek said, while Donghyun looked irritated after Kwangmin, "What is he? A holiday killer? Why does it happen during off days?"
   "His expressions are a bit strange", Donghyun spoke but more to himself then anyone else.
   "What is it? Didn't he say there was no kidnapping?"
   "Our green Chief Jo is a bit strange today."
Jiseok let Kwangmin carrying down to the basements of the club, where he wanted to imprison him for a while. The president was walking ahead while his assistant followed him, pulling Kwangmin after him.
   "President Song", Kwangmin said and Jiseok stopped walking, "Do you do drugs too?"
   "It's bad for your health. Why would I do it?"
   "The good being moved during Christmas... where are they?", Kwangmin asked.
   "You're rather concerned about it. Should I give you some?"
Kwangmin smirked because he got what he was thinking already, that Song Jiseok was the head of the drug lords in his town. "I'm afraid of needles. There's that kind, right? The one in a bottle."
   Jiseok smirked and let Kwangmin bring into a room, where they cuffed him on a chair, so that he couldn't leave again. When Kwangmin sat there in the dark room, it was hard to see Jiseok because of the dimmed light but he could see the bottle clearly the older man was holding in his hand.
   "This is sat for too long. Would it have gone bad?", Jiseok said and sat down near the police officer.
   "It was a restaurant nearby. Having worked in that kitchen... one day a customer gave that and said it was a health drink", Kwangmin talked quietly.
   "Who are you talking about?"
   "How fortunate. I found the right person", Kwangmin whispered.
   "You really said a lot", Jiseok said pissed and stood up from his chair, grabbed Kwangmin's cheek with one hand and pressed them together so that he had to open his mouth and the President started to pour the liquid into the detective's mouth. As soon as the bottle was empty Kwangmin spit everything back at Jiseok's face.
   "They were ordinary people!", Kwangmin shouted, "Because of scum like you those people lived in pain. Because of scum like you good people and their familes... but you can't live like this. Of course... you can't."
   "It's a pity."
   "You as well."
   "Please. Just give me one. Please, give me some. Please, bing it out", Jiseok changed his voice before he turned back to his normal self, "I didn't force them! They were the ones who kept asking me for more after trying it. I just gave them what they wanted. They destroyed their own lives. How can you blame others? If you're an adult, you have to be responsible for your actions."
   "Taking responsibility for your actions... that day will also come soon! Not only you but for all those who sell drugs! You'll face your reckoning all together."
   Then Jiseok's assistant entered the room. "What is it?", Jiseok asked pissed.
   "It's about Madam Choi."
Jiseok gave Kwangmin another pissed glance before he left the room and Kwangmin looked on the small broken bottle on the ground. A tear ran over his cheek while thinking about what those drugs did to his mother and that he just became a police detective to find the person who was responsible for everything. "Mom..."
   Youngmin sat on the chair behind the desk of his brother's office. He was so exhausted that he fell asleep. He was dreaming about his mother as he suddenly felt how someone was caressing his cheek. He slowly opened his eyes and saw a young man sitting on his desk in front of him.
   "Did you sleep well?", the man asked with a warm smile.
   "Who are you?", Youngmin asked shocked and the boy up with a surprised expression on his face.
   "Kwangmin..."
   "Kwang... Kwangmin", Youngmin repeated and took a deep breath.
   "Jo Kwangmin, are you okay? I heard you got into an accident. Do you need to go to the hospital for another checkup?", the man asked and gave him a worried glance and Youngmin looked with a blank expression from the man to the photo on the desk. It was the same person.
   "Min... Minwoo?", Youngmin asked and the younger one nodded.
   "That's right", he nodded and sat down on the leather sofa where he poured some soup into a bowl.
   "Seaweed soup?"
   "My mom made it for you", Minwoo smiled, "She wants us to get married within the month. She keeps nagging about wanting to hold a grandchild. Oh right, what was that call from the dock earlier? Kwangmin?"
   "Do you know what my mom says the most to my brother?"
   "What?"
   "Protect your brother well."
   "Did your brother protect you well?", Minwoo asked with a warm smile but Youngmin shook his head, "Right... That's why you said those words. That your brother shouldn't have been born. I've thought a lot about those words. It must have been very difficult for you that you said those words."
   "Yes, those words should be heard. Wasn't well protected even once."
   "I will protect you well from now on. Forget about your brother if it's too hard for you. Oh, I forgot the fruits in the car. One moment. Start eating first, Kwangmin", Minwoo said and handed him the bowl with soup before he left the office. Youngmin thought about those words his brother had said, which hurt him so much but no matter what he would protect his brother now and he would get him back; out of the hands of Song Jiseok as he suddenly recieved a message from the man, who brought all the trouble over them.
   "Jeolla Building at 9. You mustn't slip up this time. Nicely grab hold of our Madam Choi."
Youngmin and his officers went to the building. Youngmin told them that he got secret informations about another drug deal and as Jiseok said, it was. There were a bunch of men, dealing with drugs while the head of everything, a woman, watched everything wihout talking. The officers quickly arrested the men and also the woman while Youngmin attached the suitcase with the drugs.
   Youngmin put the suitcase on the seat next to the driver's seat of his car before he told Donghyun that he would take Madam Choi to the police station since Donghyun's car was already crowded by men. Youngmin cuffed the woman at the backseat so that she couldn't get out of the car.
   "Young lad, it will be difficult if you treat me this way?", the woman talked from behind but Youngmin ignored her, "Ya! I need to make a call. Could you help me get my phone from my pocket?"
   But instead of helping her, Youngmin grabbed his phone. "Yes, she's been caught. Where do I bring her?"
   "As expected the older brother looks out for his younger brother", Jiseok talked through the phone and laughed, "Come to Gwang Yong Su San." Then Jiseok left with his assistant and a car, while Hyunseong observed everything from aside. He wanted to be sure that his boss was gone before he would go downstairs to the basement to check if it was really Youngmin who was captured by Song Jiseok. After the car of the president was gone, he sneeked in the basement and he found the room where Youngmin sat on a chair quickly.
   "Youngmin, are you okay? What did you do wrong for our president to treat you this way? You should behave well to get a job through him", Hyunseong talked quickly, while trying to free his friend.
   "Getting a job through him...", Kwangmin repeated confused.
   "Let's get out first. I'm sorry. I came after I saw the president left, that's why I was late."
   "President Song. Where'd he go?"
   "I think he had to go to Gwang Yong Su San. He said he's meeting Madam Choi or someone", Hyunseong talked confused.
   "Madam Choi. Gwang Yong Su San", Kwangmin talked to himself and started running as soon as Hyunseong freed him.
   "Hey! Youngmin! Hey!", Hyunseong followed his friend and hold him back, "What are you doing? Are you okay?"
   "Give me your phone."
   "Ok..."
   "Car?"
   "You want so much... Just wait, I'll drive right over", Hyunseon said and got the car. He drove his friend, so he thought, to Gwang Yong Su San, where he stopped near the back entrance. "What shall I do? Wait? It's best not to go. You've already been beaten to this state."
   "Thank you, be careful on your way", Kwangmin said and got out of the car, causing Hyunseong to look confused after him.
   "Why is he speaking formally all of a sudden?"
Kwangmin followed the small street and saw his car. Now he was sure that Youngmin was here. He turned around a corner and saw Jiseok sitting in front of a fire, his assistant and then suddenly Youngmin appeared, who was carrying a silver suitcase in his hand. Jiseok started clapping as soon as he saw Youngmin coming closer.
   "Where's Kwangmin", Youngmin asked at first.
   "He's being well taken care of. Don't worry."
   "You didn't bring him?"
   "Ya, kid! Speak formally!"
   "Where is he?"
   "There's still something that needs to be done", Jiseok said and stood up from his place, "There's a deal with the Japanese, so please coordinate from within. All right. Now let's take a look at the goods."
Kwangmin saw how his brother handed Jiseok the silver suitcase, which he opened quickly. The suitcase was full of drugs and Kwangmin couldn't believe his eyes.
   "Ah, what about Madam Choi?"
   "The car door is unlocked", Youngmin said and gave Jiseok the keys to the car.
After Jiseok and his assistant left, Youngmin sat down on the sidewalk and watched Kwangmin's police ID-card. He hoped that his brother was alright because he did everything for him. He wiped away the tears, which were running over his cheeks before he put the wallet back into his inner pocket of his jacket. He stood up to leave as he suddenly heard someone call his name from behind.
   "Jo Youngmin!"
Youngmin turned around and saw his brother coming out of a dark corner, stepping slowly closer to him. "Kwang... Kwangmin?", he couldn't held his smile back anymore, because he was so happy to see his brother alive. He ran closer and hugged his brother tightly. "Our Kwangmin. It's our Kwangmin, right?"
   "You shouldn't have done that."
   "What did you say, Kwangmin? What?", he asked and let go of Kwangmin to take a look at his brother's face.
   "Jo Youngmin! You shouldn't have done that, punk!", Kwangmin shouted and Youngmin didn't know what to say or what to do as Kwangmin suddenly grabbed the gun from Youngmin's jacket and pointed it at him. "It doesn't matter. Mom said you were a good child. When you were in prison, mom only thought of you. Continually as before."
   "Kwangmin, about that..."
   "RIGHT! I AM JO KWANGMIN!", he yelled as loud as he could, "That name... She never once said it nicely, she's only thought of you. 'Youngmin'. Only looking for you. Staying at mom's side was like a crime. But you can't just be this kind of person, right? Why are you here? What have you done here?"
   "Y... you saw... the drugs?"
   "Shut up! Drugs... that kind of thing can't come out of your mouth", Kwangmin shouted, "Even if you were to kill again..."
   "What?"
   "Even if you were to personally kill me, you shouldn't have given the drugs to that guy, Jo Youngmin!", Kwangmin screamed and suddenly there was a loud bang because he couldn't control his anger and shot and Youngmin's eyes grew big in shock not sure if it was because of the loud bang or because his brother shot. A fatal shot.