Confessions of the fragile heart

Bitterly Shattered

May 30th 2011

 

 “One two three four, five six seven eight…” The music blasted through the speakers as the booming sound of KARA’s Japanese song ‘Mister’ was heard bombarding everyone’s ears in that very room. Inside the dancing studio were five beautiful girls, forming their formation and swaying their hips from side to side as they danced along to the catchy song. The music ended with a loud bang as five KARA members posed for their finale, showing their y charismatic personalities even though they were filled with sweat. Panting for air, the members high-fived each other and flopped onto the ground instantly.

Suddenly, the chiming melody of Beast’s ‘Rainy Days’ was heard echoing throughout the quiet studio as the phone rang, causing everyone to silence and bring a halt to their conversation. Picking up her phone from the ground, Hara took a glance at the text she received and smiled instantly after reading it. The other members looked at each other with mysterious satisfying smiles before bumping each other on the shoulders, obviously knowing who had made their pretty little model smile.

Looking at the phone once again, Hara smiled sweetly. It had only been a few weeks they have started dating and with their own busy schedules, it was hard for them to meet all the time. She was extremely happy that JunHyung had suggested them to meet even though he was tired because of his busy schedules. She was glad that she had found such a great boyfriend.

“Aw, I’m envious.” Gyuri complained, pouting as she rolled onto her stomach with her hands supporting her head. “We’re here for you, Gyuri unnie.” Nicole patted the goddess’s shoulders, signifying that she, too, was jealous of her member’s new found love. The others all nodded in agreement, sighing as they sulk over the fact that they don’t have a hot popular boy band member for a boyfriend while Hara apologized.

“I wish I had a boyfriend.” The maknae sighed but was immediately caught off guard by the sudden protests of her fellow unnie. “Yah, you’re too young to have a boyfriend.” The older ones bickered as Nicole gently smack the maknae’s forehead. The younger girl pouted at the elders’ disapproval and complained. “That’s not fair!” She argued. The girls looked at the maknae surprisingly and at each other after that, breaking into a chorus of laughter as they plopped down onto the floor once again.

Standing up from her spot, Hara walked to the end of the room and slung her bag over her shoulder, wiping her sweat with her pink towel as she headed for the door. “I have to go out soon. I have to get ready for eight o’clock.” She told her members while looking at the cute little watch on her wrist.

“Aw, party pooper!” the maknae yelled and folded her hands while the others all made faces and laughed.

 “I’ll be going then.” Hara informed her fellow jealous members and bowed. The others all waved their hands lazily, signifying her to leave and prepare for her date while they continued complaining in their studio. Hara laughed as she closed the door behind her. She knew her members were joking about the whole situation. They were happy for her and she was appreciative for their love and support. Humming a tune from ‘Rainy Days’, Hara walked out of her company to prepare for her date with her beloved Joker.

-----------x

She walked across the street with her hands tucked inside the pockets of her blue black jacket. The cool night breeze blew gently on her fresh little face and sent her long hair flying as she walked towards the nearest café from her dorm. The chiming bell sang and jingled when she pushed open the wooden café door. Hara stopped at the entrance and scanned for her boy in that cosy area. When she was sure that he hadn’t arrived yet, she quickly chose a seat at the very corner of the shop and sat down, ordering herself a cup of hot chocolate along the way.

Hara plopped onto the comfy armchair with her legs tug behind her. Slowly, she took a sip of her ready-served hot chocolate from her cup and its creamy foam from the edge of her lips. The taste of rich chocolate and milk filled her entire mouth as the flavour exploded after reaching her tongue. Putting her drink down, she looked out the window and stared at the busy street filled with teenagers and people. She let out a breath and smiled. It was the first time she felt so relaxed since her Japan tour. And it’s all thanks to JunHyung. Sitting quietly in the homely café, Hara leaned on her comfy chair and closed her eyes as she wait for her boyfriend to come.

A sudden poke on her arm brought Hara to open her eyes. Hara shifted her body and looked down, finding herself staring at a cute little boy, who was looking up at her with big doe eyes and long lashes. “Annyeonghasseyo,” She smiled and waved at the little boy. “Where’s your mommy?” She asked, patting his head. The little boy blushed and smiled shyly at the pretty-looking unnie in front of him. He moved closer to her while Hara opened her arms, expecting a hug. But when the boy was closed enough, he pushed something in his hand to her and ran away, leaving Hara to look at the door confusedly.

Hara looked blankly at the piece of folded paper in her hands. Her name was written on the cover of a pink envelope with a purple pen. “To: Goo Hara.”—it says. By looking at its adorable envelope and the pretty handwriting, she assumed that it was a letter written by a fan. But what she had found after unfolding it was purely unexpected. She began to read.

Dear new girlfriend. She read it in silence. The first sentence made Hara cocked her eyebrow. Was the letter from a fan who was obsessed with her? Nah, she didn’t think so. Shaking her head, she shrugged the nervousness off her head and laughed at her silliness. She continued.

 

Dear new girlfriend,

Please treat JunHyung nicely with tender and care. He always acts tough around everyone but everything is just an act. Though he may look cool and manly outside, he’s actually a very playful and hyperactive person with the people he loved and cared about. But he’s also someone who is very sensitive and he gets hurt easily. So don’t break his heart, he’s fragile. Laugh at his jokes all the time, even when they’re lame and not quite funny. a little, because he looks cute when he’s shy. He loves Pikachu, so don’t ever messes with it, or else he’ll give you a piece of his mind. I know that because I’ve tried it. Always be there for him when he needed someone to talk to. Make him realize that someone actually cared about him and that he’s appreciated. He gets stressed easily when it comes to his work, so do your best to calm him down. Buy him his favourite drink and sit with him even though he tells you that he didn’t want to talk about it. Sing for him if he went quiet and try your best to make him happy. He looks good when he smiles, like a sudden brightness whenever he laughs, so please try hard to make him smile again. Please remember that he’s not actually mad at you when he nags too much. It just shows how much he cares about you. I know that you’ll be a great girlfriend and you don’t need any advice about this but please love JunHyung with all your heart. Lastly, as his new special girl, please realize that you have a great guy for a boyfriend when you are dating him. Because, he’s one of the best I’ve ever loved.

 

Sincerely,

The Broken Girl

 

Reaching the end of the letter, Hara found herself filled with fixed emotions. Her heart-warming smile immediately faded away when she was halfway down the note. It was a letter about JunHyung. No, to be precise, it was a letter telling her how to treat JunHyung, advices on what she should do in her new relationship. The things written in the letter felt as though JunHyung had belonged to the anonymous writer before he was hers, as though the writer was now leaving him in her capable hands. Hara didn’t understand at all.

Looking at the letter in her hands, Hara wondered who the anonymous writer was. Was she a fan? No, she didn’t think so. A fan wouldn’t send her such a letter. The contents written in it was far too personal for a fan to write, even if it was an obsessed fan. The way the writer wrote about his habits and personalities as well as the things concerning him, it gave her a clue that only someone who knew JunHyung very well would send her such a letter. Hara could feel the emotion coming from the pretty handwriting, telling her that the love the writer had for her boyfriend was true. Suddenly, she could feel a sign of anger stirring inside body. Was there someone JunHyung was still romantically involved with? Was it his ex-lover? No, JunHyung is a very loyal guy. He wouldn’t do something like that. But if it wasn’t JunHyung’s old lover, then who could it be?

“Hara…” A voice echoed beside her, causing the girl to look up. “Oppa…” She smiled and stood up immediately, hiding the letter swiftly inside her pockets before he could take a glimpse at it. JunHyung smiled and pointed at the direction of the door. “Are you ready to go?” He asked. Hara nodded, her smile widened. “Let’s go,” She said, grabbing JunHyung’s arm as the both of them walked out the door.

Hara smiled as they headed towards the streets. She looked at her sweet JunHyung from the side. His eyes were closed as he smiled cheerfully. His laugh made her heart fluttered. It felt nice to spend her night with him, even if it was only a walk in the park. It felt refreshing to be able to take a break from her work. But her smile soon faded when she felt the note in her pockets.

Her mind once again shifted to the letter. Suddenly, there was a feeling inside of her that told her she felt sorry for the anonymous writer. Hara felt sad for her, for taking away the one the girl had loved. But that was the only thing she felt sorry about.

JunHyung and Hara continued walking closed together with their hands linked as one. But little did they know there was a figure staring at their shadows from afar. “Oppa…” The girl whispered as she looked at the couple with sad eyes. “Somewhere in this world, there is a girl crying for you. Did you know that, Oppa?” She touched the necklace on her neck and kissed the star-shaped pendant softly. “I’m tired, oppa. I’m so tired. That is why I’m leaving tomorrow. I’m leaving you in her hands now. I’m sure you’ll be happy with her. She’s a great girl.” She continued and closed her eyes, allowing her tears to fall onto her face. The girl clutched her fist and forced a smile.

“I love you, oppa. But I’m letting you go now.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys, sorry about that.  As you guys can see, I have deleted the previous 2 chapter and added this one first. After reading the whole 2 chapters, I realized that it needs something to spice things up in the beginning, so I thought, 'Why not add Hara actually receiving a letter." So now... HERE IT IS! :D Well, this chapter isn't really that perfect to me, and it still needs improvement, so... anyone who finds errors or thinks that there is a scene or something that can be added to this chapter to make it more interesting, TELL ME! :D

 

Btw... I changed the foreword and the descriptions too :) GO CHECK IT OUT NOW!