The Bad Apple

The Bad Apple

Yunho walked past the usual fruit store along the route from his place to the clinic, suddenly noticing something he thought he had never seen before.

"Ahjussi, why are there scratch marks on the apples?" he called out and asked.

The old man walked towards him and smiled before saying, "It makes the apple sweeter, young man."

"It makes the apple sweeter?" Yunho asked in curiosity. "How?"

"Well, when the apple is bruised or scratched, it will release more nutrients and substances to make it heal. Once it heals, the nutrients and substances remains but the apple is still as good as new, if not better. That's how it works," the old man managing the fruits store explained.

"When it's bruised or scratched, it makes the apple sweeter..." Yunho muttered, "When it's bruised or scratched it makes the apple sweeter!" Yunho's faced lit up. "Ahjussi, can I buy one apple?" 

"Sure," the man smiled and began packing an apple for Yunho. Yunho thanked the old man gratefully before running all the way to BoA's place, resulting him to be sweating profusely.

"Yunho? You're here?" BoA went towards the door and opened it when she saw through the window that Yunho was waiting. "Why are you panting so much? Come in," BoA tried her best to smile after a sleepless night.

"You're still fixing the apple?" Yunho asked when he saw his crystal apple on the dining table. "I told you not to fix it. Look at you, did you spend the whole night trying to fix that apple?"

BoA somewhat nodded in response to Yunho's statement. "Anyway, why are you here?"

"Look at this," Yunho said and handed BoA the apple he bought. "It's scratched, but it's sweeter than normal apples."

"What?" BoA looked at him in confusion.

"Look, when it is scratched, it'll release more substances to enable the scratch to be healed right? Hence, it's sweeter and of better quality. It's like us; we've been through too much and we're bruised and scratched, but that may mean we'll be good after all," Yunho explained and took BoA's hands in his. Looking into her eyes, he said, "It's because we've been through so much that we love each other a lot. I'm sorry for those things I've said yesterday. I love you."

BoA smiled and hugged Yunho. "Thank you."

Yunho returned the hug and blinked some tears. "Don't release the hug."

BoA nodded and laughed a little, also shedding happy tears.

-THE END-


So guys this is the end! I hope I did a good job though I seldomed updated! Thank you very much for reading :) Comments and subscribers are deeply appreciated too! Thank you! :)