Eavesdropping

The Bad Apple

Yunho went back to the clinic and glanced at the crystal apple that he placed on his desk. He then received a call which was actually from BoA's brother.

"Hey Yunho! I heard from BoA that you are now working here in Gyeonggi-do and she met you earlier eh?"

"Soonhwon hyung! Ah I haven't really contacted you... How are you?"

"I'm fine! And you?"

"I'm fine too! Wanna meet up for a drink some time?"

"Sure! Are you free tonight?"

"Tonight? Sure!"

-

Yunho tapped his fingers on the bar while waiting for BoA's brother. 

"Hey Yunho! How are you! Long time no see," Soonhwon gave a friendly greeting to Yunho. "Sorry I was late, I left my mobile phone at home but I thought I shouldn't go back and retrieve it or you'll have to wait a longer time."

"It's alright hyung, you're not that late. I've been fine! Oh you look great! Have you been working out these days?" Yunho chuckled, returning the friendly greeting.

As they settled down, BoA's brother furrowed his eyebrows as he thought of what BoA told him a few days ago. Yunho noticed his frustration and looked concern.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" 

Soonhwon scratched his head. "I don't know how to tell you this but..." 

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay! It's not about me," he continued. "... What did BoA tell you when you met?" 

"What? Uh..." It pained Yunho to repeat those words, such as it pained BoA to say out such a lie. "She said she was here to check on you and Soonwook hyung, as well as your parents, and that she was living fine with her husband," Yunho said, the scene of their meeting replaying like a tape recorder in his head.

"I knew I had to tell you this because I couldn't watch my sister lie to her loved one any further," Soonhwon stated and said, "it was all a lie. BoA rejected the marriage after we flew to Canada. She told me about it, saying that she could not live like this any longer," in his head was a vision of his sister crying to him. "She loved you so much and she knew she had hurt you too much, so she decided that she wouldn't want to start over with you again. A few days ago, she saw you setting up your clinic here. She didn't go up to you because she didn't want you to know... Then she came home and told me. After a while, she decided that she would say this whenever she would bump into you. But I can't watch her like that, I know it's painful for her to live like that," Soonhwon honestly explained it all for Yunho. 

Outside the bar, BoA stood leaning on the wall beside the entrance with tears streaming down her cheeks, holding her brother's mobile phone, having heard every single word they said.