Chapter 4

North Light

Chapter 4

 

Ga eul POV

I took a look at the time, 11:56pm. ‘Is going to end?’ I thought as I looked out of my apartment’s window. The city lights are still shining bright. “He must be in one of those clubs, isn’t he?” I muttered. I kept wiping away the strings of tears that kept falling down my cheek, but they won’t stop. “I’m such a big idiot. What on earth am I hoping for?” I asked myself. I walked over to my end table and pulled out a ceramic piece that I was going to give him as a gift. It was just a simple cup that I made myself, nothing spectacular. But it was the first teacup that I made; I wanted him to have it. However, it has no meaning anymore, what for do I keep it? I threw it on the floor and it broke just like my heart. I fell to the cold hard floor and sobbed uncontrollably. My heart hurt so much, so much that I didn’t even realize that a shard of ceramic had cut my cheek.

Yi Jung POV

“Ga eul ah, please wait for me.” I prayed as I sped through the city. In no time, I reached her apartment. “Ga eul ah! Chu Ga eul!” I screamed as I rang her door bell and banging on her door. But to my surprise it was Jan di that opened the door. But as soon as she opened the door, I heard a sound of something breaking. ‘Something is wrong’ I thought the moment I hear that sound and I asked anxiously “Where’s Ga eul?” “She’s in her room…” and I didn’t wait for Jan di to finish her sentence when I rush into the house. I immediately knew which room it was as only one door was closed. I rushed to open her door but I was shock to see that there was broken ceramic on the floor and to see her burying her face in her knees sobbing. I immediately went over to her and knelt next to her, hugging her. She slowly looked up and asked, “Yi Jung sunbae?” Her eyes were very red and watery but that is when I saw that she had cut her face. I quickly wiped her cut with my handkerchief and held her tightly in my arms.  “Ga eul ah, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry…” I muttered. At first she resisted my embrace by pushing me away, but I held her even tighter, that’s when she sobbed loudly and said, “Sunbae… You are such a bad guy… who gave you permission to come into my heart as and when you like?” “Babo yah, stop crying. See your eyes are so red and puffy now.” As I loosen my grip and wiped her tears off her face.

 

Nobody POV

Yi Jung carried Ga eul onto her bed and sat knelt in front of her, cupping her face for her to face him. “Babo yah, why did you let yourself get hurt?” Yi Jung asked sternly. But Ga eul didn’t reply him. He then continued, “No matter what, you shouldn’t do things that hurt you.” She finally gave a nod and said, “Whose fault is it anyway?” she said, “I thought that you had already forgotten about me.” Yi Jung pulled her into his arms and softly said, “Silly girl, I would rather forget the whole world but you.” Ga eul suddenly pulled herself out of his embrace looking surprised and asked, “Sunbae, is that a confession?” He laughed and said teasingly, “Aniyo, it’s my heart.” Ga eul knew that he was teasing her so she punched his chest and yelled, “Yah!” But Yi Jung suddenly grabbed her hand holding it near to his heart and said pitifully with his signature puppy eyes, “ Ga eul ah, it hurts” She got a shock and panicked, leaning in closer to him and asked with concern, “Where does it hurt? Where? Ottoke?” Suddenly, Yi Jung Smiled slyly and gave Ga eul a peck on her lips. Ga eul clearly didn’t know expect this move and just stoned there with eyes opened widely. It took her 5 seconds to know what was going on and to push him away. “Sunbae!” Ga eul shouted with her cheeks flushing red. He laughed and wraps his strong arms around her and said with a serious tone, “Chu Ga Eul, I like you.” “Me too.” Ga eul replied while hugging him back.

 

Yi Jung suddenly remembered something and said as he pulled a box out of his pocket and places it on my hand. “Oh right, here.” “What’s this…” I asked as I opened the box. I was shocked by the contents; it was the prettiest thing I have ever seen. “No, this is too expensive. I cannot accept it.” I returned it to him. “Ga eul ah, I bought this while thinking about you. If you don’t accept it, I will have to throw it away.” Yi Jung threatened jokingly. “Yah So Yi Jung!” Ga eul shouted.  He then continued with a serious face, “Will you be my girlfriend?” Ga eul was surprised but she leaned in and kissed him softly as a reply. Yi Jung wasn’t expecting her to kiss him, but he deepened the kiss little by little and finally stopped when he felt that Ga eul was out of breath.”Babo yah, don’t you know how to breathe?” Yi Jung asked teasingly as he touched her face. Ga eul was embarrassed to the point where she wants to dig a hole and hide. She wanted to take revenge for what he did just now, but in the end it was still him that won. She hid her face with her hands and yelled loudly, “Don’t look at me!” He laughed and said; “Babo yah…” before helping her put the necklace on.

 

Suddenly a voice disrupted them. “Ah-uhm… Yi Jung Sunbae don’t you think it’s getting too late? If you want to see my Ga eul, please come tomorrow instead. You guys are seriously something.” Jandi said jokingly. “Arraso, sister-in-law.” Yi Jung said teasingly. “Yah, who’s your sister-in-law!”Jan di laughed. Yi Jung smiled sheepishly and said, “Yeobo, I’ll come pick you up tomorrow.” before heading out of the house.

 

 

Author's Note: Yay! They finally meet~ Aren't they sweet??? That's just the begining though~

 

P.S. Thank you guys for them comments~ It's what keeps me going!