Chapter 3

North Light

Chapter 3

 

Ga Eul POV

“Onni! So sorry! I overslept!” Kwang Hee said gasping for air. “Aniyo, it’s okay.” I replied. We were at the park near my house. “Here” He passed me a copy of the design. I took a look and realized what was wrong with the design. “See, the measurements are not equal, and did you even take into consideration of the height of the customer did you?” I asked.  “Sorry…” he replied while scratching his head. I laughed and shook my head. “Let’s start on it then.” I said, holding a pen signaling to him to start work. “Oh onni, what is the important thing that you said you have to do today?” he asked with a puzzled face. “Someone special to me is coming back today.” I smiled at the thought of it.

 

 

Yi Jung POV

“Hyung, did you find out where is Ga eul at now?” I asked while getting ready to go out. “Yes young master, she is at XXX Park near her house.” Housekeeper Yu replied. “Thanks, hyung. I’m going now.” I said as I put the necklace that I bought in the front seat.  I sped through the city and in no time I was at the park. I got off my car along with the necklace and saw a familiar back view. ‘It’s her’ I thought. I walked towards her but to my surprise she was with someone. A guy that I do not know. She looked very happy taking to him. ‘Is he her soulmate? What am I even doing here making a fool out of myself? I should have known better, 4 years is not long but neither is it short.’ I thought as I laughed to myself bitterly. I turned and walked back towards my car. I slammed my car’s steering wheel as hard as I could to vent the anger rising in me. I didn’t know what to say. Do I even have the rights to be angry?

 

 

Ga eul POV

I took a look at the clock and it was already 4pm when we finished the work. ‘Yi Jung Sunbae should have reached by now.’ I thought to myself.’ “Hello? Jan di ah, has Yi Jung sunbae landed?” I asked Jan di through the phone. “Aniyo, Yi Jung sunbae changed his flight and reached earlier last night. Did he not go find you?” Jan di replied. “Oh is it? I… didn’t know.” I stammered. She could sense the disappointment in my voice and said, “Ga eul ah, he just came back and must have a lot of stuff to attend to. I’m sure after he settles his stuff he will go and find you. “Thanks Jan di. I have to go now, see you tomorrow in the shop!” I replied. I knew that she just wanted to comfort me. I sigh and though ‘maybe he is really just busy?’ giving myself a glimpse of hope. If he wanted to find me, he would have long come. But nevertheless, I promised myself to give him until the end of the day.

 

 

Yi Jung POV

I pulled over at a club which I go to often and went to the VIP section. My best friends Jun Pyo, Ji Hoo and Woo Bin were waiting for me there and seeing them made me feel a little better. Woo Bin was the first one who came up and strangle me with his arms saying, “You scoundrel! We missed you!” followed by Jun Pyo messing my hair “You , how was it there?” I laughed and replied, “Well, it’s boring without you guys anywhere.” Ji Hoo who was just sitting there looking amused by the situation suddenly said, “Welcome back.”  We settle down and ordered some drinks. Then I remembered something and asked “Ji Hoo ya, I heard that my keys to the studio are with you, did you send anyone to clean there?” “Yeah the key were with me, but I passed it to Ga eul.” He replied. “What? Why did you give her my keys?” I exclaimed. He looked shocked but he replied calmly, “She looked very broken when you left, so I gave her the keys to make her feel better. I thought that you would do the same…” “Forget it, nevermind.” I said coldly. “Oh, Jan di told me before that Ga eul would always go to your studio before going home these past few years. I guess that’s why it’s so clean.” Jun pyo said.

 

“Speaking of Ga eul, did you go see her today? She waited for you 4 years, don’t make that poor girl wait even more than she should already.” Woo bin said putting on a serious face. I laughed like it is some joke and said, “What? She already has someone doesn’t she?” “What are you talking about?” Ji Hoo asked. “I saw her with a guy in the park just now when I went to find her.” I said while turning my head the other side, and acted like it was nothing. “Then? Did you confront her?” Jun Pyo added. “No, I didn’t.” I replied coldly. “Wait, then how do you know that she is dating someone? If she bothered to ask me how you are doing every time we meet, and even goes to your studio to clean it for you, don’t tell me that she don’t like you. The heart and soul that she had put in for you is prominent even to people who are blind.  It’s bull that you doubt her. Yi Jung ah, you call yourself a Casanova?” Woo Bin exclaimed. It’s the first time I see him so agitated towards me, I was shocked.  ‘They were right, I didn’t even ask her. I didn’t even give her the chance.’ I thought. Suddenly I stood up and said “The drinks on me, I’m going first!” “Aigoo… our Yi Jung finally grew up” Jun Pyo said before sipping his cup.

 

Author's note: Are they finally going to meet???