Chapter 1

North Light

Chapter 1

“Omma! Why are we going back to Korea? I don’t want to leave my friends behind! Do we really have to go back?” A small little boy pleaded, tugging on a lady in wearing a plain black dress, her hair tied neatly into a bun at the back of her head.  “Hyun Woo ah, Omma has been transferred there to work, so there is no choice. Would you rather leave Omma alone in a faraway land?” she asked as she bent down and cupped Hyun Woo’s face with her hands, giving him the puppy face. “Arraso.” he said unwillingly. “Aigoo, don’t make such a face.” Ga eul said as she pinched his chubby cheeks.

 

At the airport

“Hyun woo ah, sit down and wait here for Omma, I’ll be right back.” Ga eul requested as she stood up and went to the ticketing counter.  Hyun Woo did as her mother said and patiently waited. However, he suddenly felt the need to go to toilet. He looked around and found a toilet at the other end of the airport. He quickly picked up his things and ran towards the toilet. But at a sharp turn, he didn’t notice that there was a person coming out and bumped onto him. Hyun Woo was shocked as he got pushed on the floor and all his lugguage was scattered on the floor. “Young master Yi Jung, are you okay?” a man wearing a suit asked. “I’m fine.” Yi Jung replied as he glanced at his guards eyeing them to stay away, in order to not scare the kid.  Hyun Woo looked up and saw a face that looked very familiar. ‘Weird, where did I meet this ajusshi before’ he thought.  

 

“Are you okay?” Yi Jung asked as he helped Hyun Woo up.  Hyun Woo quickly apologized, “I’m so sorry sir.” “It’s okay, don’t worry about it.” He replied as he picked up his entire luggage and passed it to Hyun Woo. “Where are your parents?” He asked, looking puzzled. “My mother is collecting our ticket.” Hyun woo replied honestly, as he felt that he is trustable. Hyun Woo he himself also did not know why he felt so when it was just the first time they had met.  “Oh… Then are you going to find her now?” Yi Jung asked as he felt that it was not safe for a child to be on his own.  “No I’m not but sorry, I seriously need to go to the toilet.” Hyun Woo said as he was crossing his legs, jumping up and down. “Oh, do you know where is it? Shall I send you there?” Yi Jung asked. “Thank you sir, but it’s fine, I know the way.” Hyun Woo said before bowing to thank him. “Okay then, be careful next time!” Yi Jung smiled and watches the cute little boy with a huge luggage walk toward the toilet.  ‘What a cute kid.’ He smiled while thinking about it.

 

In the car

“Hyung, don’t you agree that the kid just now was very cute?” Yi Jung asked, smiling broadly. “Yes young master, but don’t you think he looks a little like you? The child’s aura and especially those strong eyes that he had resemble yours.” Chauffer Kim replied sincerely. He had been with Yi Jung for 7 years now and he had never once seen him smile like that before. “Well, I guess that is why I have taken a liking to that kid.” He laughed heartily. 

 

“Miss Chu, this is your plane ticket.” The flight attendant said as she passed the air ticket to Ga eul. She thanked the girl, and walked towards the place where she had left Hyun Woo, but to find him missing. Ga eul got anxious and did not know what to do. She went around finding him, only to find him coming out of a toilet. She ran towards Hyun Woo and hugged him as tightly as she could. “Omma… I can’t… breathe…” Hyun Woo said, gasping for air. Ga eul then realized that she was hugging him too tightly, and hence loosen her grip a little. “Hyun Woo ah, you scared me. I thought I was going to lose you like him forever…” she cried. “Anniyo, I won’t ever leave Omma like Appa, when I grow up, I will make lots of money and buy you a house!” Hyun Woo said, as he wipe the tears off Ga eul’s face. “Omma let’s go, we still need to catch the plane don’t we?” he said as he grabbed Ga eul’s hand walking towards the immigration.