Chapter 3

144 hours (ONGOING)

Day 2: August 13 2005

It's 5pm. Clouds starts to get dusky, promising a rain will pour down soon. Jonghoon gazed at the dim sky as he wait for Yewon to come. It's 5 days before her death and the remaining hours is unknown. He paced for a bit to kill boredom. random thoughts pondering in his mind when he heard a..

 

"Jonghoon!"  Yewon shouted from afar and ran towards him. She's wearing a plain white t-shirt matched with blue navy shorts (the ones you usually wear at home).  Jonghoon held up his hand as a greeting. 

"About the note in popsicle stick--"

 Yewon's question was cut off when she noticed a blue umbrella Jonghoon was carrying.

"Why are you carrying an umbrella?

"For magic purposes."

"Ahh what?"

"Im going to do magic, just watch" Jonghoon sweetly smiled, looked at his wristwatch as if he's counting seconds of it , opened the umbrella and put it over their heads. He hooked his arm around Yewon's shoulder to bring her closer to him. In a blink of an eye, raindrops starts pouring down from above.

"How did you do this?!" Yewon questioned him as she stared at the falling drops of rain before her eyes. How could Jonghoon predicted this? Amazing.

 "I told you It's magic."

"First, the note..second the icecream and this?" Yewon shifted her eyes to him. It's not the rain who touched her heartstrings, it's the sudden change of her bestfriend. It felt like she's been attached in a book that she kept reading all over again. Then one day that book magically rewrite It's self into a much more meaningful story. Like Jonghoon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"About the popsicle stick..It means I want to ask a chance.

I admit I've been neglecting you all these years but you were always there.

I hurt you with my stupid judgements but you never once blamed me.

I will try my best now for you everyday.

I wont be a bastard anymore.

A second chance to be a much better person.

As a bestfriend and at the same time

 

 

As a boyfriend

 

 

I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

This words strucked Yewon after Jonghoon confessed. Her lips quivered, unable to find the right words to answer. Is he serious?