Chapter 2

144 hours (ONGOING)

Day 1:  August 12 2005 (144 hrs left)

The sound of alarm clock echoed all over the room. It was 7:30 am in the morning and Jonghoon, who was sleeping soundly kicked off the blanket away and slammed his palm over the button of  the alarm clock to turned it off. He lazily pulled up his self and looked around with puffy eyes.

 "Something is odd today, Im supposed to be at the hospital right now. Did they discharged me secretly while i was resting?"

He checked the calendar to see how many days he missed the training classes but something on it doesnt seem right. The date is Aug. 12 2005, Tuesday.

 "Mom--is this a joke?!"

Jonghoon screamed at the top of his lungs but realized his mom wasnt there.

 He still couldn't take his eyes off the calendar, thinking it was hongki who pulled off this prank but a sudden shout from outside the window caught his attention. It sounds too familiar. Jonghoon rushed to the window and couldnt believe what he saw on the street. It's  Yewon waving her hand happily at him and

 

... She was alive.

 His mind got clouded with questions as he ran down on the stairs.

"How could this be possible?  maybe It's just someone who looks exactly like her." Jonghoon  went out of the house (wearing a plain white t-shirt and his boxer shorts only) and pulled Yewon into a deep hug.

"Im just dreaming right?" tears streaming down to his cheeks.

Yewon who cant comprehend what is exactly happening at the moment pushed Jonghoon away with all her might, making the boy sprawled down on the ground.

 "ERT! Can you wear pajamas first before going out? hmph!" She flipped her hair at him, showing how annoyed she is and walked away. Jonghoon just stared with widened eyes at the slowly disappearing sight of Yewon .

His mind was still in shock until he saw a newspaper lying infront of their house. Jonghoon crouched down and picked it up.

"The date here is Aug 12 2005...

..Yewon died at Aug 18 2005, it's six days before her death"

 

 

 

 

"Does it mean I came back to the past?"

 

 

---

It was already 10 am in the morning, meaning the second class will start now in a few minutes.  The students of  section 2-A is chattering inside the classroom. Most of the boys who covered  most percentage of the class are talking about games, as usual. Others are busy in their own businesses  while girls are congregated at the corner, gossipping about their newly bought magazines. Yewon who is sitting at the farthest seat is constantly checking the entrance gate through the window.

"That guy--He's late!" eyebrows are creased. "He's fooling around again aish!" Yewon muttured after taking her eyes off the window, yanked her bag from the floor and rummaged her book inside of it.

After a few seconds, Jonghoon entered the classroom. He walked his way to the seat behind her.

 

"Good morning" Jonghoon awkwardly greeted Yewon as he placed his bag beneath the chair and sat down. He still can't get over about what happened today. How can he possibly travel through time? Eventhough it's a bit confusing, he's happy.

"Yah..Is there something wrong this morning? You cried." Yewon asked while turning at him.

"Uhh--I just--hmm--I woke up from a nightmare"

"Really? what kind of nightmare?" Yewon continued. He was about to answer it when the teacher immediately  went in, turned at the chalkboard and starts jotting down english sentences. Yewon saw it too so she left Jonghoon with a questionable look then deflected her attention to the front.

The class has finally began.

In the middle of copying the lectures at the board, Jonghoon slipped a folded paper at Jieun's desk then quickly went back to writing notes. Yewon noticed it. She glanced at the teacher in case he might caught her then slowly unfolded the note.

 

 

 

 

"Meet me at the bus stop after school.

 -Jonghoon, you're handsome bestfriend. "