Meeting Dae

Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Life

 

Shannon Kim- pink

Daehyun Jung- cyan

Derrick Park- gold

Nicole 천사 (Angel) Kim- orange

Michael 동 제이 (Dong Jae) Lee / 마이클 동 이재균- purple

Lina "Linny" Miyoung Lee/ 리나 미 영 리- gray

 

Johann (yo-han) 아마데우스 (Amadeus) Kim- brick red

 


"Hi, are you my new neighbor? Because I wanna be friends with you, my name is Shannnon Kim. What's your name?"

"Oh, hi. I'm from Los Angeles, California. My mommy says this is New York. By the way my name is Derrick Park. I hope we become the best of friends forever."

"Yeah. Let's be happy and become friends forever!"

Yeah, it was as if yesterday, when I first met my best friend. His name is Derrick Park. But anyways, he always had my back for all these years. It was a miracle that he was smart, cute, but also courageous. He could've been my knight in shing armor, but the way I saw him, he was merely my best friend who was like my shadow. But school is going to start next week, and I have lots to prepare. In the meantime, I always try to visit Derrick very often now and then. High school isn't hard, it's just a complex system. But, it was still a lot of work. But when I visited Derrick he was always happy to see me. I hope he sees me the same way I see him. 

"Hi Derrick! What are you doin'!"  

"Oh, hey! Shannon, I'm thinkin' about writing a script for drama this year."

"Hey I'll be right back, let me get my binder and I'll come back."

"Sure, but hurry. Ideas come and go!"

As I was walking out I saw someone, new. Maybe the same age as me. He looked Korean. I walked over to him. 

"안녕하세요, 제 이름은 섀넌 김. 나는 당신의 새로운 이웃 해요. 당신의 이름은 무엇입니까? 당신이 바로 한국이다?"

(Hi there, my name is Shannon Kim. I'm your new neighbor. What's your name? You are from Korea, right?)

"오. 안녕하세요. 내 이름은 정 대현입니다. 그리고 네, 한국에서입니다. 나는 15입니다. 그리고 난 다음 문을 사는 것 같아요. 당신 섀넌 김 만나서 반가워요. 나는 연수생,하지만 난 영어를 배우는 중이에요. 우리는 잠시 동안 좋은 친구가 있기를 바랍니다."

(Oh. Hi. My name is Jung Daehyun. And yeah, I am from Korea. I am 15. And I live next door, I guess. Nice to meet you Shannon Kim. I'm a trainee, but I'm learning English. Hope we become good friends for a while.)

 Daehyun, looks nice. I'm gonna call him Dae for short. I know you can say Shannon in korean but, my middle name is different. It's 공주, meaning princess. And now that I think about was it fate that I met Derrick because his middle name is 왕자, meaning prince. I said bye to him gathering my materials. I saw my sister packing for college. Apparently she's moving to UCLA. All the way in Los Angeles, California. Supposedly Derrick and I get to go with her to help and see Derrick's relatives. My sister and I look completely unrelated. I mean this is her:

She does look nice too, I mean she looks more Caucasian though. Anyways I went over to ask her some things.

"Hey Nicole. How do you feel about college. We really grow up fast. I kind of miss Johann. Oh well, at least he's pursuing something he loves and wants to do."

"Oh, hey little sis. Come over here, lookie at what I found!"

"What, I need to hurry and get my binder! Derrick is waiting!"

She's standing there like something happened. She quickly stared at me.

"Sis, you sure you aren't dating him. You guys are practically soulmates. According to me. But seriously, are guys sure you are sooo not dating?"

I stared at her. Do I think of Derrick that way. I see him in a differnt light, maybe my heart sees him differently. I tried to make it quick.

"Ani. He's my best friend. He and I are neighbors too. I mean we've know each other for like 10 years already. Anyways.....ooh it's Johann's baby picture. Bye, lemme get my binder and I'll leave with you tomorrow. Bye now."

My sister thinks I'm some weird girl. So strange. Now that I think about it, that boy I saw looked familiar, like on the internet. Oh well. Oh there's my binder. I smiled seeing it. There was a letter n my desk. It was for my sister, but I quickly opened it and started reading. 

"Dear Nicole Cheonsa Kim,

            You have to reply sooner or later to me at some time. I mean, you are my best friend. How's the new kid, um Michael right? Anyways, he's totally not your type. Anywho, I met this really cute guy here in Korea. He totally digs my style. He's been complementing me. But he tells me to call him Jojo. He speaks English too. I mean for god's sake, he's like destined for me. You know his last name is Kim too. But then again, who knows? Related to Kim Jongin? OMG, i'd totally date him him to meet him. He goes to university with me. He's majoring in fashion. But he totally looks to gorgeous to do that. Anyways, I hope you miss me girlfriend. I miss you. I hope you'll write back soon. I mean freaking e-mail. You don't ever answer those. My goodness.Oh well, blabbering a lot. Better get back to designing. Bye now Girl Scout! :)

                                                                               Love, Your best friend, Chrisselle Chorong Yoo

Wow, Chorong unnie called. Well, I call mostly everyone of my sister's friends by their middle name. Just some weird habit of mine. I rushed over to Derrick's when I suddenly noticed the two bys talking. I started joing their conversation. Daehyun was pretty good. He had conversational English. Kind of like Linny.

"Annyeong oppas! What are you guys doing?"

"Hey Shannon. What's your Korean name?"

"Oh that, it's Gongju."

"Jinja! Wah, daebak. You really look like a princess."

"Surprisingly, my middle name is Wangja."

"Seriously. You guys were like twins or born together or something."

"Mmm, I don't know. But hey are you a trainee for something?"

 "Ye, I'm become a singer for a group soon."

"Oh, wow! You really are something... But hey wanna grab some McDonalds and help me to write something for my high school's drama. I see you've got your binder Shannie."

"Dae, kaja! You do want to eat right? I'm going to change first"

I changed into something like this:

                                                                                                                                                                              

                                           

 

 

 Tha's what I wore. It was nice to me. I think it fitted the occasion. When I walked out the guys had these:

                                           

                   

                                       

[The one on the left, is Daehyun, the one on the right is Derrick]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were all ready to go to McDonalds and brainstorm. We walked over there. On the way there, we talked about life in New York, and Daehyun's life in Korea. All of us have been living in apartments apparently. It seems strage to see street food or open farmer markets here in the midst of New York city. I mean, look at Times Square. As we walked down over ther we got a gew comments and showed Daehyun around as well. Did I mention my beautiful backpack that looked something along the lines of this:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm usin' it for school. We had a good talk with Dae. Sooner or later we arrived at McDonalds. Boy, was it crowded.

 


 

 

Thank You! My pandalovelies. I worked days for this into completion. A lot of work into color, brainstorming, image selection and all that. I even had to create some of my own in case you couldn't tell. But the sooner you read this and stuff, the happier you'll be. I enjoyed writing this chapter and hopefully future chapters too. Bye now you!

Ciao, SerinChan