Our first match.

I lost the game, but I won you.

Just as I was deeply engrossed with my own thoughts, a distinct manly voice jolted me back to reality. I spun around, wondering who the owner of the voice was. Since this basketball court had been left abandoned many years back, there were rarely visitors here apart from Kai and I. In fact, I highly doubted that anyone would know this place. Beyond my wildest imagination, the owner of the voice was none other than Kris. Stunned, I stuttered nervously, "Oh... Oh... Hello! Why... are... you... you doing... here?" Crap, why was I stuttering?! Perhaps I was too shocked to see Kris in the “hideout” that Kai and I owned, or perhaps Kris's presence made me fluttered. But whatever reason it was, I knew I had just embarrassed myself in front of this really dashing giant. Gosh, again. I mentally gave myself a slap before standing up to greet him. Smiling, or rather smirking, Kris replied back, "Oh, so why are you here then? Am I not allowed to be here?" I looked at him, feeling really nervous and tensed up right now. I could not decipher if he was joking or that he sincerely got offended by my question. Why was it that my heart always went haywire and pumped like crazy whenever I saw him?... Why was it that my actions always went ridiculously dumb and embarrassing whenever I looked into his eyes?.... Goshhhh. Rubbing the back of my neck nervously, I replied softly, "Ah nope nope!! You have mistaken me. Errr... errr... I mean, nice to see you here!" Kris let out a loud chortle, he seemed to be laughing at ME. I sighed. I knew that was coming up. That perfect lad must have found me retarded for my actions. But oh well, at least he was not pissed with me. Still having the smile on his face, Kris challenged, "Wanna play a match?" My eyes brightened. Did Kris just say that he wanted to have a game with me?! Oh dear, great! For the past few years, I had never once seen Kris playing basketball before. My excitement skyrocketed upon hearing his challenge, I was really curious about Kris’s basketball skills, I knew it would surely be an eye-opening experience for me. Delightfully, I nodded my head and exclaimed, "Sure dude! Loser shall treat drinks!!" Then, I did a cute merong to him before rushing into the court. For a moment, it seemed like Kai was no longer my concern, or rather, the thought of Kai simply vanished upon Kris’s presence. For a moment, I had completely forgotten about Kai, for my mind was nothing but flooded with images of Kris and his deep voice.

 


 

"Wow, you can play really well! But thanks for the drink!" Kris winked to me as he proudly lifted up his can of isotonic drink, as thought it was a really impressive trophy. Well, the result was obvious: Kris won without even wasting a single ounce of his energy. Well, I knew that I would have lost to him, who wouldn't anyways? He was the vice-captain of a prestigious basketball school team, and obviously a mediocre player like me would have been thrashed badly. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the match with him so much. He was really good in basketball, perhaps better than Kai. The way he confidently dribbled the ball in the court, the way he swiftly ran past me, the way he perfectly dunked right into the hook, every single move was amazingly beautiful. I knew I would have lost even before starting the game, yet the silly part of me initiated for a bet. I had no idea why too, perhaps I just wanted to use the bet as an excuse to spend more time with him, perhaps I just wanted to know more about him. I did not know. All I knew was that I really had fun with him today. I smiled at Kris. Well, after all, Kris did not seem as cold and unapproachable as what others said, he was not that cold arrogant prince that people claimed. In fact, he was really cute and nice, so nice that I would want to spend all my time on him. Just on him...