Therapy

100 Degrees Celcius

Ryeowook was fidgeting. He began playing with his hands nervously. He had just finished explaining everything that happened between him,Yesung, and Kyuhyun. Dr. Han kept on writing on his notepad silently. What is he thinking? Does he think I’m a nut job?

 

Dr. Han looked up, “Tell me Ryeowook, before you found out Yesung was with someone else, did you two have any issues?”

 

“Well….we had our arguments like any normal couple...and well he got a job promotion, so he was very busy.”

 

“Ok, tell me about those fights.”

 

“They were just normal fights...like all couples.”

 

“Why don’t you tell me about one of the fights? The one you could remember the most.”

 

Ryeowook scratched his head. I’m so nervous. Why do I have to tell this guy about my fights with Yesung?

 

Ryeowook turned around to see Heechul give him a reassuring smile. Right. I need to do this for myself. I need to do this to get better. I need to do this for Sungmin. And I need to do this for Kyuhyun.

 

“Yesung had gotten promoted into a resident doctor in the cardiothoracic unit. We agreed on celebrating at his apartment, but he never showed up.”

 

Ryeowook breathed in slowly.

 

“It’s ok. Take your time.”

 

“I...I was so angry! He know I have always hated being alone, and he did not even bother contacting me or letting me know that he was busy!”

 

Ryeowook’s eyes swelled up and he clenched his hands into fists as he stared at the ground.

 

“I...I don’t like being left alone”

 

Dr. Han stopped his writing and looked straight at Ryeowook, “We all hate being alone, but is there any reason in particular as to why you don’t like being left alone?”

Ryeowook held his breath.

 

*Flashback*

 

Ryeowook’s eyes were swollen from all the crying, “Umma! Appa! Please wake up! Please don’t leave me!”

 

His little six-year-old hands kept on nudging their corpses. They were gone.

 

*End flashback*

 

Slow and long teardrops began trailing down Ryeowook’s face.

 

“Ok, I think that this is good for today. Ryeowook, thank you so much for trusting in me and telling me about how you feel. I’ll see you again in five days” Dr. Han got up and gave Ryeowook some tissue paper for his tears.

 

“Mr. Kim, thank you for being here for Ryeowook”

 

“Oh, it is my pleasure Dr. Cutie, I mean Dr. Han!”

 

Dr. Han blushed and led them out into the reception desk.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kyuhyun stared at his anatomy and physiology book angrily. Yah! I am not a child. He looked at himself in the mirror. He is tall and has a slender body. His arms are slowly showing off some muscles. His calves are strong and firm. But his abdomen is what he is most proud of. This is crazy. Just a couple of years ago my stomach was flatter than Umma’s sewing table and now it is eight pack Kyu! See? I’m not a child! Aish that stupid Coach Heechul...and that stupid Professor Kim!

 

Kyuhyun stared at himself one more time. The almost fading scar on his forehead and dark purple bruises around his neck made him shudder. He isn’t evil. He is just very hurt. I know Appa sometimes does things he regrets out of rage. I know Professor Kim is not evil.

 

His thoughts were distracted by the buzzing of his phone. He got a text message from Coach Heechul.

 

‘Ok, kiddo. Your first swim meet is in six weeks, I want you hitting that pool at 5AM every day now! You will take care of sungmin during class, but before school, I want your focus on the water, arasso?’

 

Five in the morning? Kyuhyun grunted. This stupid coach is gonna be the death of me! Wait...wasn’t he taking Professor Kim with a doctor? Kyuhyun started typing a message when he was caught off guard by the sudden buzz of his phone once again.

 

‘And don’t you dare ask me any questions about Professor Kim. He will be out for two weeks, I will have someone cover his class for that time. Right now make sure you pass all classes and focus on the swim meet!’

 

Kyuhyun groaned once again and took his laptop out and typed ‘cooking for beginners.’ If I mess up in class again, I am gonna fail this class and that is not good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ryeowook slowly walked into the pool area. He had a long coat, a hat, and sunglasses on. It had been a couple of days since his therapy session and he had been doing the “homework” Dr. Han left him: deep breathing exercises, meditation, and beginner’s yoga. He felt fantastic, but he missed his little brother and wanted to see him. He smiled when he recognized the only swimmer in bright pink swimming trunks. Aigoo my Minnie, you never change, eh?

 

“Aigoo Wookie, just take that disguise off and come into my office!” Heechul approached him and yanked the sunglasses off, “besides, these look better on me”

 

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and followed Heechul into his office and sat down.

 

“How have you been feeling Wookie?”

 

“Much better Hee-ah. The meditation has really helped me relax”

 

“That's good! Remember, we see Dr. Han tomorrow”

 

“Deh. I just wanted to swing by and see how Sungmin is doing”

 

“He is doing really well! He graduated to the 5 ft side of the pool and I have a couple of my sophomore swimmers help him out”

 

“Oh” Ryeowook looked at the floor, “does Kyuhyun not want to help him anymore?” It's my fault if Kyuhyun decided to not help my Minnie because of me...

 

“Ani! I have Kyuhyun on a strict swimming regime. He has a swim meet in a little less than six weeks and he has to prepare”

 

Ryeowook’s face lit up, “Oh, that's good! I hope he does well” So Kyuhyun has to prepare for a swim meet? That must be tough for him given all he has been through thanks to me. Ryeowook then peeked outside and scanned to find the chestnut-haired young man climbing out of the pool. He has seen Kyuhyun in swimming attire before and even shirtless countless of times, but this times he actually paid attention to his appearance. Oh, my. I never realized how slender he actually is. And whoa, his abs are delicately defined! I can't believed that he can be so manly looking yet so cute at the same time!

 

“Yah! Stop daydreaming with my students” Heechul teasingly patted his back

 

“Who...who said I was daydreaming?!” Ryeowook’s face flushed. Omo! What the hell am I thinking?!

 

“I did” Heechul giggled

 

“Aish! Stop messing with me you crazy diva!”

 

“Yah! Wait...if I’m crazy, does that mean I get to see that smexy therapist of yours?”

 

“Smexy?! Aigoo Heechul!”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kibum waited anxiously by Kyuhyun’s locker.

 

Aigoo. This dude has been MIA just when his best friend needs him! Wish!

 

“Yo Kibum!” Kyuhyun greeted him as he walked by shirtless with only jeans on and with a towel draped around his neck.

 

“Yah Kyuhyun where have you been? Why haven't you responded my calls or texts?”

 

“You sound like if you were my girlfriend”

 

“Aish! I'm not your...wait! Don't change the subject!”

 

“Miahne Kibum. These days have been a bit crazy for me…”

 

Kibum squinted his eyes, but then widened them when he noticed the purple marks on Kyuhyun’s neck as he put a shirt on.

 

“Kyu! What happened?”

 

Kyuhyun stared to the side, “It's nothing to worry about Kibum, don't worry”

 

“Yah! I'm your best friend, how can I not worry!”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and pulled Kibum to the nearest chair and explained everything that happened.

 

“And that's why I've had a substitute teacher as well”

 

“...”

 

“Kibum?”

 

“...”

 

“Kibum?”

 

“Kyuhyun, were you jealous of that Yesung coming for Professor Kim?”

 

“Wait what? What? Out of the whole story, you worry about that?! Not even a hey bro, I'm sorry you went through that?”

 

“Well...did you get jealous?”

 

“Yah! Why would I be jealous?”

 

“Well then, why did you defend Professor Kim after everything you went through?”

 

“Because it was the human thing to do! He obviously didn't want to go with that , so I stepped in!”

 

“But why..?”

 

Kyuhyun blushed furiously and huffed. Why would I be jealous of that ? It's not like I even like that ty professor!

 

“Anyways, what happened with Seohyun? Have you guys finally done it?”

 

“I’m still working on it…”

 

“What do you mean? If you both are honry and wanna do it, why not?”

 

“Because I have my pride!”

 

“What does pride have to do with anything?!”

 

“I...want it to be special”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“You could have just told me from the start that you are a sappy romantic”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Ryeowook waited anxiously outside of Dr. Han’s office. The lady in the reception desk continued to shoot cold glances at him. I wonder if she knows about me being so...wait no. Everything here should be kept confident, unless I put lives in danger...well...I kind of did with Kyuhyun.

 

“Ryeowook” Dr. Han greeted him

 

“Dr. Han, how are you?”

 

“I am doing great, and yourself? I see that your pretty friend isn’t with you today?”

 

“Umm...no. And I’m doing better thank you”

 

Dr. Han blushed furiously, “I am so sorry! That was very unprofessional. Ok, sit right here Ryeowook”

 

Ryeowook sat down on a sofa in front of Dr. Han, while he took out his notebook.

“Ok Ryeowook. I understand that this is a touchy subject, but I need you to tell me what happened and why you don’t like being left alone.”

 

Ryeowook stared in confusion, but noticed a newspaper neatly folded under Dr. Han’s lap. He could barely read it, but he would never forget the title of that article: “Child Completely Alone After Parents Brutally Murdered.” So he probably knows about Umma and Appa. I don’t want to talk about it...but I think it is the best thing to do if I want to get better. Ryeowook took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

 

“My memory is not very clear, but I read newspaper articles and the case file to remember. When I was around six years old, Umma and I were playing in our living room. Appa was cooking a delicious meal, and everything was so happy. Out of nowhere, I heard banging noises and shouting from outside. Umma hid me in our pantry closet while she followed Appa. I remember I heard a bang and Umma scream…” Ryeowook paused and placed his hand on his chest. He was fighting the urge to cry.

 

“It’s ok. Remember, take your time.”

 

“I...I was so so scared. I did not like loud noises and I wanted Umma and Appa to hug me. Then some big men wearing all black, even their faces brought Umma and Appa to the living room and put them on the floor. I thought they were asleep, so I waited until the big men left the house and then I quietly lay on the floor between Umma and Appa fell asleep. But...when I woke up...I tried waking them up, and they didn’t. They left me. I was alone...so alone!” Ryeowook placed his hand over his face to hide the tears streaming down. Dr. Han, reached over and gave him some tissue paper.

 

“Thank you Ryeowook. We are making progress here. I am very sorry to hear that. Those events must be horrible and traumatizing for you.”

 

“Ye...yeah”

 

“Now I need you to realize something Ryeowook”

 

“What?”

 

“Your parents never left you. Unfortunately they were taken from this world, but their hearts are always with you. You need to realize that you were never left alone on purpose.”

 

Ryeowook nodded as he looked at his hands. I know that. But I was still alone… “Sometimes I actually wish that Umma didn’t hide me and I went with them.”

 

“Ryeowook, your Umma would not want that. She hid you, because she wanted to protect you, don’t you realize? She most likely wanted you to live, and live a happy life, not one full of anger and sadness. Once you can fully understand that, you can move on. The mentality that you have where you blame others for circumstances that leave you ‘alone’ is what has caused your issues with others like Yesung and even Kyuhyun”

 

Ryeowook lifted his head at the sound of Kyuhyun’s name. He is right...It wasn’t Kyuhyun’s fault that Yesung did that to me...

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ryeowook walked out of Dr. Han’s office to the reception desk.

 

“Ok. Dr. Han will see you again in a five weeks. Day and time?” the receptionist said coldly

 

This lady need a hug or something. She is always in a bad mood. “Umm...how ‘bout this Saturday?” Ryeowook pointed at the calendar she showed him.

 

“Time?”

 

“Let’s do 11AM”

 

“Ok. Take this card as a reminder” the receptionist gave him a card with the day and time and Ryeowook placed it on his wallet, and walked towards his car.

 

He felt like all of his energy was consumed by the therapy session, and just wanted to take a nap on his bed and headed towards his apartment. Aigoo. I should really rest. I can probably call Heechul for some drinks at night and tell him Dr. Han called him pretty. He is gonna freak out!

 

Ryeowook arrived at his apartment complex and reached for his apartment keys from the pockets of his pants as he walked towards his room.

 

“Ryeowook” Yesung said walking towards him. Ryeowook ignored him and hurriedly tried to open the door. Just what I needed...

 

“Please. I need to talk to you. I just want talk and apologize. Please”

 

Ryeowook sighed, opened the door and gestured him to come inside. Ok. I need to get this over with. I can’t keep running away. Yesung carefully went inside Ryeowook’s apartment and he closed the door.

 

“Whoa. Wookie, your decorating style is still so perfect” Yesung said as he looked at the modern-looking apartment.

 

“Deh” Ryeowook answered dryly and stared him down. Yesung coughed nervously.

 

“Ok. Wookie, I mean Ryeowook. I am so sorry. What I did to you was horrible, and I understand that I don’t deserve to be forgiven.”

 

“Yup”

 

“But...you have to realize how lonely I was”

 

“Lonely?! Lonely??? You are the one who worked shifts longer than 12 hours at the hospital and didn’t even bother to contact me!”

 

“Yeah, but when I used to call you for every little thing, you were always cold and monotone like a robot!”

 

“No I was not!”

 

“Yes! You were always too afraid to be left alone, but when I was with you, it’s like a switch was turned and you didn’t care! What was the point of having a boyfriend who did not love me! That’s why...that’s why I did what I did...I’m...I’m sorry”

 

Ryeowook frowned and stomped towards the door and opened it, “Out! Get out here! Get out of my life! I don’t want to ever see you again!”

 

Yesung quickly walked out and Ryeowook slammed the door shut. That ing idiot. So now it’s my fault that he cheated on me? What the does he mean… Ryeowook remembered what Dr. Han said, ‘The mentality that you have where you blame others for circumstances that leave you ‘alone’ is what has caused your issues…’ Did I cause this? Was Yesung feeling left out by me? This whole time I thought I was the one left alone...but it was actually the other way around. Oh my God...

 

Ryeowook walked toward the counter that had the pictures of his both sets of parents: his Umma and Appa that birthed him, and his Umma and Appa who adopted, raised, and also loved him very much. Now that I think about it...I have never really been alone. I have so many people that love me.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

*Two weeks later*

 

“Yah Cho! Keep moving those arms! You have the swim meet in less than a three weeks and you can’t break the record that you had already broken!” Heechul shouted as Kyuhyun finished his laps in the pool.

 

Kyuhyun was frustrated, his swim time kept on dragging a little over a minute;he was able to do it in less than one. What is wrong with me. Why can’t I ing concentrate? I haven’t seen Professor Kim this whole time. Wait...isn’t he coming back today? That’s true…

 

“Yah! Stop daydreaming and focus Cho! You have less than a month to prepare!” Heechul was furious.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and began to swim. Focus. Focus. Left arm, right arm. Ok. Keep swimming. Now push. And swim. And swim. I wonder how Professor Ryeowook is doing? And swim. And swim. Yah! Why do I keep thinking about him?!

 

After a grueling practice, Kyuhyun quickly changed into clothes and hurried to class. Dr. Kim was coming back today. As he turned the corner into class he noticed Professor Kim was there, but there was something different about him. Kyuhyun walked inside the classroom and sat at his usual spot at the back of the class. He took out his anatomy and physiology textbook to pretend he was studying while he stared at his teacher. Ryeowook was laughing gently at something one of the students was telling him.


While holding the book with one hand, he placed his head on the other one and stared. After two weeks of being unable to focus on anything, Kyuhyun was able to focus on Ryeowook’s sweet smile and deep laughter. Wow...he is...actually smiling! And he looks so...gorgeous!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Annyeong lovely readers!

Wah! Thank you so much for your support! I know a lot of you don't like Ryeowook being so mean, but do understand it was not all entirely his fault; this was kind of a heavy chapter, but it was needed in order for Wookie to start getting better^^ But we finally get a hint at Kyuwook yaaay! Please continue reading if you guys would like to see where life takes this pair, as well as what will happen to Dr. Han and Coah Heechul, and if Kibum ever gets his "y time" <3

Love,

~Hellena

Hey Guys!

Woo! This chapter's kind of a doozy! But we are seeing some sparks begin to fly~ Thank you guys for all your love and support! Hope you enjoy this chapter, and stick with us!

Stay Badass,

-WookiesLongLostTwin