IV

imprévu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His phone buzzed loudly in his pocket as they made their way to the car park.

"Is this Mr. Kang Hee Gun?"

"Yes."

"We have the report ready. Will you be able to make your way down to the clinic tomorrow evening?"

"Sure."

"See you then sir, goodbye."

His heart began to hammer ceaselessly against his chest. 

XXX

He sat silently at the corner of the room, struggling to ease his thoughts as he fidgeted uncomfortably. Tomorrow. A single piece of paper would define his fate. A dull pain throbs at the back of his head but he ignores it. He’ll know tomorrow. But as much as he’d like to think that things were okay, life has never dealt him easy cards. Gary lifts the glass to his lips and downs the pungent liquid.

Jong Kook notices his abnormal silence and makes his way over.

“You all right?”

Gary shrugs. Does it really matter now? He isn’t even sure if he’s alive, let alone all right. Her absence and all the sleepless nights had taken its toll on him.

“I don’t know, hyung.” He hears himself reply plainly. They’ve never been all that close in reality, so he isn’t too sure why Jong Kook’s even showing concern when he hears him mention her name.

“Are you and Jihyo…” he trails off. Gary remains silent, unsure of how he’s supposed to feel or even reaction. Upset, because she told him? Thankful, because he’s asking?

“If you don’t want to tell me, it’s okay, of course. Jihyo refused to speak but if there’s anything you—“ Jong Kook babbles on. Gary nearly heaves a sigh of relief at the fact that Jihyo didn’t tell Jong Kook anything. He wasn’t sure he was ready to tell anyone, at all (in fact, he thinks he’ll never be).

Time passes by in a hazy manner, and Gary isn’t sure how many bottles of soju he has downed, but it’s way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter