II

imprévu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s been nearly three days since Gary left and to say that she’s completely shattered was an understatement. She’s barely been able to function, dragging herself out of bed every morning only because she has to. Her pillows are soaked with tears and her cheeks are nearly always tear stained. On the night he left, she cried all by herself till the wee hours of dawn, trying to find fault in herself just so that she could change for the better. Gary's been crankier than usual before he left, and she wonders if it’s due to the fact that she has been spending a lot of time out with Jongkook after filming. She registers that this is her fault, yet, she grew increasingly unhappy with him, resulting in a lot of quarrels over minor issues. Those tiffs eventually led to full-blown arguments where they yelled at each other and even threatened to file for divorce (she quivers as she realises that this possibility could soon become a reality for them). Jihyo isn’t even sure what kills her the most; the fact that nothing has changed or that everything is the same. She fumbles with her thoughts, mostly and struggles to do anything else. The pressing issue of the(ir) baby couldn’t be avoided either, yet Jihyo would be lying if she said she didn’t want this child. She is unsure though, unsure of their future (if there even is one) and how things will eventually become. She wants to call Gary, but the night is soon over and his number is left untouched.

As the days went by, her body grew wearier and her actions were disorientated. She messed up frequently while at work, and the director who was finally fed up, ordered her home. “You’re a professional, Song Jihyo. If there’s anything bothering you, please fix it before coming to work, or you might as well not come at all,” he puffed angrily. She knows she’s supposed to be disappointed with herself but she has no emotions left to spare and she leaves the set feeling nothing but emptiness.

XXX

The only things missing from their—her apartment, was his clothes and personal belongings, yet a noticeable silence and sombre m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter