First Friend Ch.1

First Friend

 

Bekah's POV

 

"Annyeonghaeseyo, Choi Sooyoung imnida." She bowed and gave me a huge smile. I smiled wider, knowing that someone in the K-pop business actually wanted to befriended me.

"Annyeonghaeseyo,Bekah imnida." I bowed and smiled.

Sooyoung was apart of SNSD and I was two years her junior. We are currently filming a variety show and I felt out of place as usual.

To my surprise, she approached me first.

We talked between cuts and after the show was over, we exchanged numbers.

I went back up to my room in the dorms and laid down, feeling happy I finally made my first friend.

 

..

 

Both of us were busy, our schedules very hectic and now we are filming another variety show,"Chuseok Special:Sweet Girl." It was a bunch of idol girl groups together, so we can be closer. I just need Sooyoungie and my group.We constantly texted each other and when I see her name on my phone, my heart skipped a beat.

Sooyoung was with two of her members,Sunny and Jessica while I was with the rest of After School. Before we were filming, I heard Jooyeon talk about Sooyoung. I had to grit my teeth when my fellow member talked about her.

The host made it even worse.

When he talked to Jooyeon and who she wanted to be close to, she had to choose Sooyoung. I glanced over to Sooyoung, who is blushing slightly.

The host chose Sooyoung to play the "touch and guess who the person is" game and I hoped he chose me, but no, it was Jooyeon.

I felt something burn in the pit of my stomach.

I only wanted Sooyoung to myself and I had to admit...

I was jealous.

 

..

 

Now it's the year 2011.

Girls' Generation is the nation's top girl group and I have now graduated After School. The friendship between me and Sooyoung grew deeper. 

I wanted to confess my feelings towards her berfore I left to Hawaii in hopes of becoming a fashion designer.

It was too late.

Sooyoung was having SNSD's highly awaited comeback and taking the world by storm.

Today is the day when I finally board the plane,leaving my After School family, my k-pop career

and

my Sooyoung.

If only...

I was about to aboard the plane when I heard someone yell out my name,"Bekah! Wait a moment!"

I turned my head towards the voice and my face lit up in euphoria.

"Sooyoung..."

I whispered to myself, the corners of my lips curving into a smile.

She ran up to me, looking disheveled. She wore a beanie, sunglassess, and a scarf to keep her hidden away the public eye.Once she was in front me, she put her hands on her knees and panted.

"Sooyoungie, what are you doing here?"I asked.

She let out a hearty laugh and stood up, still sweating."To think I would miss my best friend leave and go back to the States without saying goodbye...Why would you think that Rebekah Kim?"Sooyoung gave me her signature smile and my heart pained at the mention of being only friends to her.

I want to be more than that...

"And to have you leave without you knowing my feelings I harbor for you...."Sooyoung took off her sunglasses and looked directly into my eyes.

My jaw dropped and Sooyoung continued,"I always wanted to be more than friends, but I was a coward by not telling you my true feelings....Meeting you was destiny, getting to know you was a blessing....So Rebekah Kim, I've fallen for you, may I have the honor to be yours forever?"Sooyoung kneeled on one knee, with a simple rose and a red velvet box in the other.

Tears started to well up in my eyes and brought up my hand to mouth, containing my surprise.

"Yes, Choi Sooyoung. A thousand times yes!"I threw my arms around Sooyoung.

I pulled her face towards mine and captured my lips with hers.