Taeyang/T.O.P.

Shuffle

Here's the playlist, like usual. The songs for this chapter are 39 - 48. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjs5xzGe3Sz7IQtmjimV7fYFVaHmBhn_l

 

1st: Impossible by Luna Fly

Seunghyun watched Youngbae walk away from him like nothing was wrong. The man never looked back, never hesitated. Seunghyun never thought this day would come, the day when Youngbae didn't love him anymore.

He should have seen it coming though; Youngbae had been distant lately, disappearing at random hours and not talking to Seunghyun any more, at least about anything important. But he'd thought their love was strong enough to make it through; after all, they had been together for seven years now. He wasn't ready for Youngbae to call him out for a lunch date only to walk him to the nearest bridge and tell him in so many words that it would be better if they went their separate ways because Youngbae didn't feel the same way for him anymore. Seunghyun stood frozen on that bridge as the love of his life disappeared from sight and from his life. What was he supposed to tell their friends? And his mother. She would kill him for losing Youngbae. He would kill him for losing Youngbae.

Unbeknownst to him, Youngbae's face was completely drenched with tears as he forced himself not to turn back and shake Seunghyun, ask how he could ever doubt him. When he chose the bridge for their setting, it was so Youngbae could throw himself over afterwards if he had to. Youngbae ran a hand through his hair and when he came away with a chunk of hair, he knew he had made the right decision. It would be less painful for Seunghyun this way.

2nd: Volume Up by 4Minute

Youngbae let his hips dip and swing to the music as he let the beat dictate his movements. Seunghyun had called a couple hours ago and wasn't going to make it home because of some drama filming. And it was their anniversary. Youngbae wasn't going to see Seunghyun on their goddamn anniversary. So Youngbae thought he might as well express himself like he always did - through dance. He got dressed up and went out to the trashiest club he knew. Alone. Lord knew any of his friends would report back to Seunghyun and, call him petty, but Youngbae wanted Seunghyun to find out through the grape vine. It would be even funnier that way. Yes, funny, because Youngbae was drunk off his and giggling at everything. He imagined Seunghyun's face when he returned late to an empty house and almost keeled over laughing. The man he was dancing with didn't seem to mind and just grinded against his bent-over .

In his current state of mind, Youngbae couldn't care less who he was dancing with or who saw. The attention felt nice so when the hands gripping his waist were slapped away, Youngbae turned around in a drunken rage and tried to deck whoever was -blocking him.

Seunghyun caught his fist and leveled Youngbae with a disappointed glare before dragging Youngbae towards the door. Youngbae protested and pulled away, whipping Seunghyun's body against his through their connected hands. "I'm not leaving," Youngbae said, petulant.

"Hell yes we are. You were about two seconds from ing that man over there just because you thought I forgot our anniversary."

"So you didn't forget?" Youngbae asked, confused.

"No, you idiot, I was making sure our reservations were perfect and now we've missed our flight."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Oh." 

"Still Love me?"

"Always have and always will."

"Aww~"

"But we're going home before I put a leash on you. And you might wear a collar tonight."

"Do I get any treats?"

"No pushing it."

 

3rd: Solo Day by B1A4

            At 10:00 in the morning, Seunghyun whistled to himself as he put his feet up on the coffee table and reclined back in his easy chair. It was a beautiful sunny day outside with just enough wind to keep it cool. Today was his solo day, a day just for Seunghyun; no work, no friends, no family, just Seunghyun.

Youngbae didn’t understand his need for personal time but he respected it so Seunghyun’s boyfriend was back in Seoul, helping Jiyoung on their next album. Seunghyun continued to whistle as he read the book he’d been waiting to start for over nine months. It had collected dust long enough and Seunghyun was finally going to find out why Youngbae had recommended it.

At noon, Seunghyun went to go warn up the food Youngbae had left for him and thanked the fates his boyfriend was such a good cook.

At three o’clock, Seunghyun closed the book with a grin. It was exactly the kind of sappy love story that Youngbae enjoyed and Seunghyun could see why he loved this one so much; the characters were pretty similar to them.

At six o’clock, Seunghyun made himself supper and cursed the fact that he could barely make toast or ramen without burning them. He hoped Youngbae had remembered to eat this time…

At nine o’clock, Seunghyun sighed into his warm, bubble bath and let the water relax all of his muscles. It would be even better if someone was there to massage the knots out though.

At eleven o’clock, Seunghyun decided to head to bed early. His silk pajamas felt great against his skin and the bed was perfectly big enough for him.

At eleven thirty, Seunghyun gave up trying to sleep without Youngbae and whipped out his phone to text his lover. With any luck, the man could still make it back within an hour.

 

4th: Adios 2009 by DJ Masa

            Seunghyun always looked back on 2009 with fondness. That was the year he and Youngbae finally got together. Youngbae had his insane solo promotions that took the very life out of him but when that was all over and Seunghyun made him sleep for three days straight, Youngbae had asked him to stay with him. In the bedroom. Together.

            Seunghyun didn’t know what had changed between them. Of course, they’d slept together before when there weren’t enough bed but this time felt different. Like it meant something more.

            Unable to deny his curiosity, Seunghyun had agreed and crawled under the covers with Youngbae. When he woke up from the deepest sleep he’d ever experienced to a sleeping Youngbae on his chest and smiled at his cuteness, Seunghyun realized what had changed. He’d fallen in love with Youngbae. Yes, 2009 was a good year.

 

5th: Body by Taeyang

            Youngbae trailed his fingers up Seunghyun’s chest as the older man slept away beneath him. He was so fascinated with the texture and the warmth that he didn’t notice Seunghyun blinking his eyes open.

            “What are you doing?” Seunghyun asked him in that instant-, rough morning voice.

            “Thinking about what an amazing body you have,” Youngbae replied, bringing both hands up to explore Seunghyun’s chest now that he was awake.

            “Not any better than yours,” Seunghyun answered with a slight twist of his lips, still groggy.

            “No,” Youngbae said truthfully, with a little laugh, “but still damn y.”

            “If you say so,” Seunghyun grumbled. He pushed Youngbae of his chest, meaning to stand and go shower.

            “You’re damn beautiful,” Youngbae asserted, grabbing Seunghyun’s wrist.

            Seunghyun just rolled his eyes and tugged his arm away, dashing to the bathroom before Youngbae could embarrass him with more compliments.

            I’m going to write a song about this, Youngbae thought to himself mischievously, before following Seunghyun to the shower and grabbing a on the way. Just in case, you know.

 

6th: Not Meant To Be by Theory of a Dead Man

            Their relationship was dysfunctional. They knew that. Seunghyun was a successful business man and Youngbae was a struggling musician. The world could tell they wouldn’t make it, and they knew it themselves. But when you tell men what they can’t do, that just makes them want to do it all the more.

So Seunghyun and Youngbae tried. Seunghyun went to Youngbae’s concerts and Youngbae was supportive of Seunghyun’s numerous late nights. They fought and they threw things and left bruises but they told themselves it would all be alright as long as they apologized. They wouldn’t fight with this intensity if they didn’t love each other right?

            Sometimes love just isn’t enough.

 

7th: Double Rainbow by Katy Perry

            Seunghyun found the Taeyang-bot 64 lying in the trash outside a mansion. He was a mechanic who fixed and put together bots for a living so his conscience wouldn’t let him leave the masterpiece out to be ripped apart and melted down. Yes, the Tae64 had been a failure and all the owners of such models were asked to throw them out for a compensation prize, but surely Seunghyun could fix him.

            Seunghyun dragged the piece home and spent four days straight trying to repair its wiring enough for it to turn on. If it could talk, then the contraption would tell Seunghyun what was wrong with its machinery. On the night of the fourth day, the Tae64 finally made a creaking, sickly noise and life, or energy, lit its features.

            “Hello master,” the Tae64 greeted immediately.

            “Hello Tae64.”

            “I’m afraid I’m confused, master, why am I on? I was to be disposed of.”

            “Why did your old master want you gone, Tae64?”

            “Because I wanted to dance.”

            Seunghyun stared at the machine in shock. He was told the Tae64 series was malfunctioning so they couldn’t even fulfill basic tasks of bots but what if they were too human? “Why do you like to dance, Tae64?”

            “Because it makes me feel free.” The pure pain and desperation in the bots eyes when he looked up stunned Seunghyun. This machine was extraordinary, unique. It could feel.  “Will you let me dance, master?”

            Seunghyun couldn’t bring himself to say no. He was just going to fix this machine and sell it on the black market as a rare item but not now. Now he was curious. How far could the bot’s emotions go? If it could feel pain and sorrow, then what about joy and exhilaration? Could it hate? Could it love?

 

8th: When You’re Gone by Avril Lavigne

            Youngbae hated Seunghyun. He did. That had left him to fight a goddamn war they couldn’t even win. Youngbae didn’t care if the South lost and they were absorbed back into the Union, he didn’t care about slavery and crops and cotton. He only cared about Seunghyun.

            “I have to go, babe,” Seunghyun had said as Youngbae clung to his hand eight months ago. They kept their relationship secret from the town of course, as neither of him wanted to die early just for a cause. No, they had wanted to live long and happy together. But then Seunghyun’s damn brother, Seungri, had gone to war and Seunghyun couldn’t leave him alone.

            “No, you didn’t, baby, you really didn’t need to go,” Youngbae whispered as tears streaked down his face. The letter he’d received that morning was crushed in his grip while Youngbae tried not to believe their meaning. They were going to live long and happy together. They were.

 

9th: Hakuna Matata by Lion King

            “What if we were lions?” Youngbae asked Seunghyun after a long Disney marathon and maybe too much soju.

            “Then I’d have a bigger ,” Seunghyun answered, laughing to himself at the thought.

            “No but really Seunghyun, think about it! In every lion pride, there’s only one male alpha and the other males are either killed or have to go off on their own and we would never be together ever!” Youngbae tried not to cry during his outburst at the thought. His alcohol-addled brain thought this was a completely possible scenario for their future and he couldn’t bear the thought.

            “Hakuna matata?” Seunghyun said with a shrug, wondering just how many bottles they’d had.

            “Take this seriously!” Youngbae jumped on Seunghyun’s lap and pushed against his shoulders.

            “Youngbae, I would love you even if I was a warthog and you were a meerkat,” Seunghyun replied, with his serious game face on. He’d forgotten what an emotional drinker Youngbae was.

            “Aw~” Youngbae snuggled into Seunghyun’s neck and almost missed the next sentence.

            “Or you could just be a girl-lion.”

            “Why do I have to be the girl-lion?!”

            And so ensured a fifty minute argument over who would make a better lioness at four in the morning in the Big Bang house. Seunghyun wished he could say it was the weirdest thing that had happened there.

 

10th: Replay by Iyaz

            “Shortie’s like a melody in my head that I can’t keep out,” Seunghyun sang into Youngbae’s hair. He held his struggling lover captive in his embrace while he sang in broken English to his new favorite song.

            “I’m not that short!” Youngbae protested, finally breaking away and turning to glare at Seunghyun.

            “165 is pretty damn short, hyung,” maknae Seunghyun taunted as he passed by.

            “Shut up!” Youngbae shouted, stumping his little foot and looking all the world like a four-year-old having a tantrum.

            “It’s alright, babe, everyone knows it’s not the size that matters,” Seunghyun replied, stepping closer to Youngbae again and trying for seriousness.

            “I hate you,” Youngbae said, pouting.

            “No you don’t,” Seunghyun answered, lowering his head to kiss Youngbae’s lips. When Youngbnae wouldn’t react, Seunghyun moved his attention to other areas, covering Youngbae in sweet kisses and teasing nips.

            “Stop,” Youngbae protested weakly, “not here.”

            “Not here,” Seunghyun agreed and pulled Youngbae into a bedroom to prove that size didn’t matter.

            An hour later, Seunghyun contently nuzzled into Youngbae’s sweaty hair and grinned like the devil before starting to sing again.

            “Shortie’s like a melody in my head~”

            “AH!”

            Seungri tried not to chuckle too much as the sounds of Youngbae trying to suffocate Seunghyun with a pillow filled the house.