Ten

Reborn

 

Kai could not believe what he was seeing. Kyungsoo, right in the flesh was being dragged up in front of him by Luhan.

"K-Kyungso-"

Kai didn't even manage to finish pronouncing Kyungsoo's name before Kyungsoo managed to wiggle out of Luhan's grip and fling himself onto Kai.

He had thrown away all his fears once their eyes met.

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo sobbed into Kai's shirt, arms wrapped tightly around the boy's waist.

Warmth that he hadn't felt since Kyungsoo left bubbled up in Kai's chest, and he rested a hand on Kyungsoo's head. A feeling that felt so natural to him, even after reuniting after a span on time.

"I'm so sorry." Kai whispered in Kyungsoo's ear. "I shouldn't have done that."

" I'll never do it again, so please come home." Without Kai even noticing, his eyes grew watery and he buried his face into Kyungsoo's hair.

"Of course." Kyungsoo mumbled into his shirt.

Tilting his head, he was able to look closely at Kai's face for the first time in weeks.

He noticed the eye bags that weren't there just a few weeks ago, and there was this glow of maturity in those brown eyes, a person that would be responsible for his own actions.

Both of them looked into each other's eyes and smiled.

"Why are they crying?" Luhan piped up from the sidelines. "Shouldn't they be happy?"

"People cry when they're happen too." Sehun said with a slight smile on his lips. "Let's leave them alone, Luhan."

When Sehun and Luhan left the scene, they bumped into a worried Xiumin frantically trying to find Kyungsoo.

"Hello, have the two of you seen a black cat hybrid around?"

"You're searching for Kyungsoo, right?" Sehun gave an uncharacteristic grin.  "Don't worry about him, he found his owner."

"Oh. My. God."

"What now?" Sehun sighed. What did Luhan see this time that got him excited?

"It's a hamster!" Luhan squealed, transporting himself right in front of Xiumim and pinching his cheeks.

And that is how Xiumin and Luhan met.



-



When Kyungsoo finally stepped into the house, a wave of nostalgia swept over him.

His hand was still unwilling to let go of Kai's, gripping tightly and needing the constant reminder that yes, Kai was indeed next to him right now.

Just the thought alone made his stomach do somersaults, and on his face lay a permanent smile.

The two of them plopped onto the sofa, exhausted from the excitement of finally being able to meet each other again.

"Kyungsoo?" Kai breathes. "I'm really very sorry."

"I already forgave you long ago." Kyungsoo laughs. A tinkling laughter that had Kai momentarily stunned.

Kyungsoo leaned his head on Kai's shoulder, both of them soaking in each other's presence.

"Hey Kyungsoo, you haven't watched a movie before right?" Jongin wondered out loud. "Let's watch one, as a way for me to apologize."

"A movie? What's that?" Kyungsoo's ears flicked up at the sound of it. Seems interesting enough.

"You just wait and see." Kai gave Kyungsoo a wink. "I'll go make some popcorn now."

Good thing Kai had a stash of popcorn in his cardboard.

This was all impromptu, thus Kai actually did not have any movies in advance for them to watch. But the movies shown on the television could not be that bad, he hoped.

Kyungsoo waited patiently as Kai went to get the popcorn, drawing circles in the material of the sofa. Part of him was guilty for leaving Xiumin at the carpark. Would he try to search for Kyungsok? He hopes not.

However, his eyes lit up when Kai reappeared, arms full with a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. All was then forgotten.

"Wow, is that popcorn?" Kyungsoo exclaimed, tail thumping the sofa in excitement and he shuffled himself right next to Kai, eyes begging for Kai to give him one.

Kai felt that his heart explode from sheer cuteness.

"Y-yea just take out." Kai offered out the bowl to an eager Kyungsoo, who grabbed a handful and stuffed it down his throat.

"Hey, hey, slow down." Kai laughed.

Picking up the remote, Kai randomly chose a channel, praying that it would be a decent movie.

What came on was definitely something he did not expect.

"Wow, a horror movie? Seriously?" Kai muttered inaudibly under his breath. He was going to change the channel when a wide eyed Kyungsoo stopped him.

"Wow, what show is this. I wanna watch!" Kyungsoo bounced in his seat, looking a Kai with pleading eyes.

"But this is a scary show." Kai was still hesitant of letting Kyungsoo watch it.

"It's okay, I'll protect you." Kyungsoo bumped his chest with his fist.

Smiling at his antics, Kai eventually gave in.

"Don't cry to me when you get scared." He teased.



 

-

After less than half an hour, the two of them were stuck to each other, hiding their eyes behind their hands.

"Ah! The ghost just dragged the girl away!" Kyungsoo squealed, ducking his head behind his hands and snuggling deeper into Kai's body.

Kai was not even functioning anymore. He just stared at the back of his hand, unable to make any sound.

The bowl of popcorn was thrown on the table, none of them in the mood to take any.

Just at that time, rain started pouring outside and a crack of thunder had Kyungsoo squeaking and jumping into Kai's lap.

Kai let out a breath at the sudden weight, glancing at the cat hybrid in his lap. At the same time, Kyungsoo was also looking at Kai.

For that moment, there was nothing. Only them. Even the creepy soundtrack was forgotten.

"Can I kiss you?" Kai whispered without thinking. Mentally slapping himself after that.

He was unprepared for the small, shy nod from Kyungsoo, who was blushing to the tip of his ears.

They softly pressed their lips together. A soft, shy kiss. But it was enough to send both of their hearts thundering in their chests.

"God, I love you, Kyungsoo."

"Me too."

 

 

The End

 

-

 

A huge thank you to those who read the story, and special thanks to those who subscribed, upvoted and commented! I sure had lots of fun writing this, I hope that you guys did have fun reading this too:D 

Majority of you voted for the Kitty!soo and Kai drabble series in the poll, so I will be doing that:) Do look forward to it.