Not Kidnapping

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)

=Not Kidnapping=


"Can she play with my daughter? Don't worry I'm not a con artist who pretends to be a mother so she can kidnap the kid." The woman said in between her light laughs. Then she turned to Tao. "Our room is right at C388. Hwa Mei and MeiMei can play at the playground by the hotel pool and when they're done playing they can go to our room and then you can pick up your daughter."

 
I want to agree so that Hwa Mei can leave and play with the woman's daughter. As much as I want to spend time with the cute little girl, she must not stay with me and Tao because if other people see the two of us with the little girl, they will assume that the rumors are true. That Tao and I are really married and that this little girl is our daughter.
 
I smiled at the woman. "Of cou-"
 
But Tao cuts me off by his strict tone. "I'm sorry but my daughter can't. The people outside will recognize her and they will surround her and drown her with questions. I don't want my daughter to get hurt."
 
WHAT?!!
 
Did he just tell the woman that Hwa Mei is really our daughter?! Didn't he realize that he's entering another problem in our lives?!
 
First, the people thought we're married because we entered the hotel together. If only he didn't throw his phone outside the car, I'm probably calling the boys alreay and maybe right now we're already at the hotel where the boys are staying!
 
Second, someone uploaded a picture of us with Hwa Mei and because there's a rumor that Tao and I are married, they quickly assumed that little Hwa Mei is really our daughter. I'm a hundred percent sure that it wasn't Hwa Mei who uploaded the picture. How can a girl around five years old that looks like a three year old upload a certain picture on the internet? I'm also sure that it wasn't her mother because her mother doesn't seem like the kind of woman who is fond of gossips. Her mother seems like the kind of woman who cares about her daughter and her business.
 
Third, the boys are probably worried sick already because they don't know where we are. And what if the news already reached them?!! They will be furious at me and Tao! And what about my oh-so-kind-and-generous-and-loving grandfather who only want what's the best for me?! I don't want him to be mad at me because he's the only family I have.
 
The woman sighed. "Oh. Okay then. Maybe next time." And then the woman left.
 
I turned angrily to Tao. "Why the hell did you-"
 
But I was cut off when Hwa Mei lightened her grip around my legs and then he looked up at me with those curious and puzzled and cute eyes of hers. My facial expression softened and I knelt down so Hwa Mei and I could have the same eye level. I tried to shoot her the sweetest smile I have. "Hey cutie, what are you doing here? Are you with someone?"
 
"My Eomma's at the highest floor in her office. She's the senior vice president of this hotel." She said with a little bit of proud tone.
 
I smiled at her. "Really? That's good, cutie. Do you want to play somewhere?"
 
She shook her head no. I frowned. "Why?"
 
"I don't want to play. I'm not in the mood."
 
I sighed and slowly stood up. I turned to Tao and gave him the so-what-are-we-going-to-do look. He took a deep breath and smiled down at little Hwa Mei who is looking up at us with those confused eyes again. Tao adjusted his backpack and picked up little Hwa Mei and carried her in his arms. The moment Tao carried her in his arms, she gave a yawn and she automatically wrapped her short arms around Tao's neck and then buried her cute little face on the crook of his neck and closed her eyes. Awwww.... She's so cute.
 
I smiled at Hwa Mei's face and then to Tao. "She's so cute, right?"
 
He laughed lightly and nodded. "Yes. She is."
 
He turned to the sleeping Hwa Mei and kissed her curly brown hair. He smiled and turned to me with a smile. "Can you please pull my suitcase, too? I cannot really pull it right now since I'm carrying the second cutest girl alive."
 
I gave him a teasing look. "Oh. So who is the first? You crush? Who?"
 
He just shook his head and wait... Is that a blush? Oh my gosh. Did Huang Zi Tao just blushed?
 
"There's no way in hell I'm going to tell you who she is. Now let's go to our room so Hwa Mei can sleep properly."
 
He started to walk towards room C385 and I used my two hands to pull my suitcase and also his. "Hey, aren't you aware that Hwa Mei's parents can charge this as kidnapping?" I called after him as I fastened my pace so I could catch up.
 
Tao swiped the key card and he kicked the door lightly so it would be wide open. We got inside and I placed our suitcases by the bed. Tao slowly placed the sleeping figure of Hwa Mei on the bed. "Kidnapping? Why would we charge this as kidnapping? "
 
I gave him a confused look. "We?"
 
He smirked. "You said that Hwa Mei's parents can charge this as kidnapping. This is not kidnapping. Why would we kidnap our own daughter?"
 

I rolled my eyes at him and he just laughed. 


When Hwa Mei woke up two hours later, we asked her who uploaded the picture. Not in a scary way though. We wouldn't want to scare the crap out of Hwa Mei.

"It was on Eomma's iPad. I played 2Fuse and then my Eomma's assistant said that my Eomma wants to see me and then I left the iPad on the chair at the lobby and when I came back, the iPad's gone. Eomma was really mad. She said that it lucky of her that she saved the files on her computer the night before. She also said I'm grounded and she took my iPhone."

That was it. An hour later, a woman wearing a blazer was standing by our hotel door asking if Hwa Mei is there. She introduced herself as Hwa Mei's mother's assistant and said that Hwa Mei's mother needs to see her. Before Hwa Mei left, she huggged me and Tao and she asked us if she could get to play with me tomorrow or next time. I nodded without hesitation.


After we had our dinner, we went back to our hotel room and I jumped directly on the bed and closed my eyes. Tao mentioned something about taking a bath and then I heard the bathroom door open and close. I closed my eyes for like fifteen minutes and when I stood up from the bed, I saw Tao already wearing a a t-shirt and blue pajamas and he's laying on the couch across the bed. 

I sighed and approached the couch. "Hey, you could sleep on the bed. I can take the couch."

He quickly opened his eyes and bolted upright from the couch. He looked up at me and rubbed his eyes. "It's alright."

I nodded and opened my suitcase and got my pajamas and t-shirt. I brought it with me to the bathroom and after locking the door, I took a bath. I got out ten minutes later already wearing the sleeping outfit and saw Tao lying on the right side of the bed witht he blanket covering half of his body.

WTF?!! I thought he wants to sleep on the couch?

I ran my fingers through my hair and tiptoed around the bed even though the floor is carpeted and no sound will be created even if I don't tiptoe. I slowly slid under the covers but before I closed my eyes, I placed a pillow in between me and Tao just in case. He should keep his distance. I faced the opposite direction since I don't want to stare at his beautiful sleeping face. It might distract me from sleeping.

I closed my eyes and felt something move from my right and heart a soft thump like a soft object hitting the floor but then I assumed it was just my imagination since the floor is carpeted and you wouldn't hear the sound of a falling object. I fell into a deep sleep the moment I felt a cool breath hitting the back of my neck.