Only

Not a Word

AN: Guys, you are getting more and more creative with the threats. Gosh, I'm so proud of you x3 A


Sehun ran as quickly as he could, knocking down a nurse or two as he let his legs carry him to wherever they wished. He could already hear the doctor mockingly announce Luhan's death, he could already hear being told that the tiny blond would never wake up...

It hurt so much that the boy wished to just vanish. Not only physically, but mentally, too. He wanted all the worries, all the pain, the doubts to disappear, he wanted to be alone where nothing and no one would bother him.

Where he could dream of a world in which Luhan would be by his side until the end of time...

"Sehun!" He heard Aya's shout suddenly, the girl's voice piercing through the silence that he had managed to create when he shut out the outside world as he ran, led by pure instincts and nothing more. He was almost like an animal struggling to free from predators, fighting for its life: savage and utterly desperate for survival."Sehun, stop!" Aya shrieked once again and the boy came to a halt, almost running into a bulky bodyguard who had been giving him threatening looks ever since he had started running.

At first, the boy thought that his mind was playing foolish tricks on him. Of course it was, he had told Aya to stay at home and go to sleep. But there she was, hair disheveled, make-up completely ruined by tears and eyes hollow. She looked like she had ran straight to the hospital from wherever she had been or maybe, she had ran after Sehun for some reason. The boy really didn't know but that didn't mean that he wanted to know it.

Honestly, he didn't want to find out about anything new. He didn't want to know why the sky was blue and why the grass was green, he didn't want to know why the weather was so awful right now, he didn't want to know what was going on...

He didn't want to know whether Luhan was okay or not because like this, he could imagine the blond being alright.

"Why? I don't wanna know..." The boy wheezed childishly, a little surprised by how heavy he suddenly felt. When running, he had felt free of worries, of pain of everything but now, he could feel guilt and fear weight him down.. He could feel the chains of those mundane emotions slide up his legs, binding him to the ground... His chest felt tight and his head was spinning, tears already shining in his eyes."Please, I don't what to know what happened to him... I don't..."

"Sehun, Luhan will need you the most if he wakes up." Aya whispered, her voice cracking as she uttered the softest, most unsure part of her sentence: if.

Sehun's heart broke a little at that word, all his hopes being shattered. Lower lip shaking, he stared down at the girl who looked back at him with similar sorrow in her eyes."What... what did the doctor say?" He asked shakily, forgetting about how just a few minutes ago, he didn't want to hear anything about Luhan's condition. Deep down, he knew that he couldn't just run away from his fears. He had to be there for Luhan, therefore he had to know what had happened to the tiny boy and how hurt he actually was.

He is hurt and very could have easily answered his questions, but Sehun knew all too well that what Aya would say was much, much worse than those somewhat neutral sounding words.

"He.. It seems like his brain might be damaged... And one of his eyes was hurt, too. The doctors barely know anything about his exact state because back in the surgery they were literally fighting for nothing but his life..." Aya whispered brokenly, a few tears sliding down her cheeks."I'm really scared, Sehun. Your parents are still talking to the doctor, they actually seemed like they wanted me gone for some reason."

Sehun was shocked to his core as Aya's words kept on repeating in his mind. He hadn't even noticed the fact that maybe, Luhan's eye could be hurt or that his head wound mind be serious, he had been too terrified back then to realize these little things."But his eyes... I saw him open both..." he stuttered almost incoherently, a tears slowly cascading down his cheek.

"Your mom told me, too. But who knows what had happened to him... And they didn't say whether the wound was really serious or not... I only know that he was beaten up really badly and probably not by hands but by something else, some kind of weapon." The girl mumbled, biting into her lower lip before hesitantly bringing a hand up to wipe away the next few tears that threatened to follow the ones that had already fallen.

Sehun, purely because of the worry embracing him tightly still, leant into the delicate touch. He felt his heart flutter lightly for some reason, maybe because he had really just needed a little comfort to calm down somewhat."He's a fighter, he will be fine. I mean, seriously, what is a couple of attacker with some weapons to Luhan? He will wake up tomorrow and we will all laugh at the whole situation."

"Yeah." Aya said and although her voice seemed cheerful, her eyes reflected how lost, how hopeless she truly felt."And then we can go shopping and... I can introduce him to Kris..." She added as a sweet although sad smile bloomed on her rosy lips.

"Everything will be alright... he will fight for us..." Sehun whispered, more to himself than to the girl."He will."

"Yeah..." Aya said once again before suddenly hugging Sehun tightly. There was no rush of heat in-between the two, nor was there the swarm of colorful butterflies that would have enveloped Aya in any other cases, given that she was close to someone she sort of liked. No. There was only the heartbeats of two desperate teens, wishing only for one thing.

For Luhan to be alright.

Because at the moment, that was the only important thing for both.

Kris, Mr Lee and their parents were forgotten.

Only Luhan... only Luhan mattered.


AN: Okay, so I know that Kris is back but Aya still somewhat likes Hunnie, okay? It might be important in the next chaps :3