Explaining the story

You're not who I am waiting for

Hi! 

Okay, so two of you asked me to explain this story and I figured I'd just post a chapter as an explanation because some more of you might have not understood.

While reading this story you should keep in mind two things: it was based on a song and it's narratir is limited omniscent.

First of all, I started this fic because I was listening to a song I used to listen when I was a child. The song is simple, about a traveler who reaches a town, meets a woman named Penelope, they fall in love and then the traveler leaves promising to come back. When the song is ending, it is rumored that the traveler's back. However, Penelope doesn't recognize him because he's much older and she has been waiting for too long for him.

Okay, so that's the song...it's also my story but I added a few things of my own.

I wrote this story from a third poit of view and it's omniscent since the narrator knows everything, but only from Kyuhyun's perspective so we don't know what he doesn't know, like why dis Changmin never came back, why did he stay too long outside town or if if it's even Changmin.

You guys know that reading is all about interpretation. I can't tell you what my story is about because you can find your own meaning, but I can tell you what I wrote it about.

I hope you noticed that I tried to make the story aesthetic. My words and metaphors are clues for that.

Kyuhyuna and Heechul are artists and that's on purpose on my story. I wanted to capture a few characteristics of an artist.

Kyuhyun is a dreamer and he's a bit out of reality. Heechul is writing, which is ironic, but he can find an outlet and a way to vent in his story when he's brother turns crazy. In some way, it was foreshadowing.

Artists sometimes can't find a way to fit in. And artists are really passionate too. this passion is important.

Kyuhyun isn't only passionate because of being an artiste, but also because he's young. And that's even more important.

Being young is a really passionate stage of life. We love desperately and we crave. We forget reality and hand ourselves to love intensely and passionately.

Anyways...Kyuhyun really cares about his flowers.

Why flowers? Well, they are beautiful and innocent, but not as beautiful and innocent as him and they represent emotions, so they're intense.

However, flowers are also living beings.When Changmin comes along, Kyuhyun sells him one of his flowers along with himself. It's a symbol.

They meet and love each other. One day, Changmin wakes up feeling somewhat incomplete and in order to stay with Kyuhyun forever he decides to wnd the feeling by completing his journey.

He leavaes and is supposed to come back by fall. But he never comes back that fall, or the other, or the other...

Changmin doesn't come back. And Kyuhyun's flowers die because he no longers cares for them. He neglected them as he did with everyone else and himself.

It's another symbol as to what you can throw away for love and passion. And the dangers of being an artist.

And this is were you can interpret the story as you wish, but I wrote it thinking that Changmin came back, but he was old.

His face was dulled by age and his skin was wrinkled, he wasn't who Kyuhyun was waiting for.

As I said, Kyuhyun's childish clock had stopped. He wouldn't recognize anyone else. You could say the story also represents how we hold on to things from the past.

Kyuhyun loved Changmin and waited for him and we can't blame Changmin for coming back much later on, because we don't know what happened to him, because Kyuhyun didn't know and didn't wish to know.

 

 

 

UFF that was all! Thank you for reading :D