The seed of freedom

You're not who I am waiting for

Ethereal was the sturdy sound of birds flying home, the ruffling of wings and the desperate need of decorating the morning sky with ringing words never understood by humans. Ethereal were the echoes of the desires everyone whispered into empty ears of the people next to them, people that did not have any interest in hearing them. Ethereal, yes, ethereal were the flowers that morning and every morning in fact, the essence, the fragrance, the perfume of the roses, the sunflowers, the tulips surrounded the world with vibrant colors. However, the world was too blinded by their lives, boarding trains in hopes to get to the horizon, but to these men, the horizon could never be seen nor imagined, because in their minds, there was no space for it. No one could picture it, not the path, just the goal. But not Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun was a truly bewitching creature, no one knew the boy's mind, but he was cherished and applauded by many, applauded by his flowers and his customers. 

He had a brother, an older brother who was a writer; it seemed as if freedom ran in the family. Apart from this brother, the boy had no one else in the world, sure, his friends, but not any family. Heechul was the light in Kyuhyun's life as was the boy for the man. A lovely, deep relationship both shared, it was amazing. Every morning, the youngster would wake up with refreshed hopes and dreams; he'd go straight to his garden, his sanctuary. A place so heavenly, that no one could see its beautifulness. Every morning Kyuhyun would take his flowers and put them in a cart, he'd carry them to the train station where he'd set and spend the entire day looking at the retreating and coming figures of men. Some would buy flowers for their mothers in their birthdays or apologies for their deaths, some will buy meaning for the wives in their anniversaries, others would buy confessions for their crushes and some would buy memories for their loves, some actually bought hopes as they sat waiting for their loved ones. It was a marvel living in the 20th century for Cho Kyuhyun. What was there not to love about the stunning world he lived in? 

Some days, the young man would bring new stories to Heechul and they would create a world from that story, Heechul talked in words, in a language far unknown to many where the mountains were rivers and the river were a mere reflection of the sky and Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun talked in flowers, in that sky that gave meaning to a river and that river that forged a mountain. They were a wonderful pair living a quite life in the outsides of the country. The younger brother would often offer Heechul to walk around their neighborhood hoping to catch a certain Chinese boy whom he knew liked his brother. Of course, his brother being the stubborn man he was always denied everything and the fact that someone could like him and Kyuhyun understood, because his brother preferred a fantasy in which he could never be hurt. In that fantasy, everything became real and unreal with the of a pencil and tada, the world was his. The boy admired his brother for being so brave and for caring for him, but he wished for him to meet someone and live a happy life. 

One day, as both boys were quietly enjoying a walk during night, they found a little spot near the sea where they sat. Casting a glance at the night sky both men sighed. "Hyung, isn't it beautiful? The stars look at them." To this the older man nodded. "I know, it's almost as beautiful as my little, cute brother. I wonder how I will deal with the amount of men and women drooling over you."

"Hyung, you shouldn't even think about it, I don’t like any of those men or women." Heechul just stared intensely at his brother who was looking as innocent and pure as ever. He was wonderstruck with the person besides him, who was perfect and caring, who had a perspective of life that no one could even dream of. Kyuhyun had dreams and he was a free spirit, he was only slave of his mind, and that worried Heechul. Kyuhyun was so intense; he would often lose inside himself, that's why the older was desperate to trace a line in the other's mind, so he could always come back. Of course, he didn't voice any of his concerns; instead he let out a long sigh. :"You'll meet someone one day and that person will turn your flowers into nothing, but a garden of what was your life without that person."

Kyuhyun contemplated his brother's statement for a while before answering truthfully. "I wish that person hurried up, I want to meet that person who will change my life, the person who will teach me of the life I've never known." The boy looked at the sea, so big and so deep without noticing a shooting star that heard his wish.

The next morning was a Saturday morning which meant Kyuhyun woke up earlier than usual to set his booth at the train station since Saturdays were mostly busy days. As he was ready to leave, he heard Heechul shout from his room: "Come home early, I invited someone for dinner." 

"Okay, hyung. I love you." And his day started.

After setting the flowers in their place, he sunk in their scent and felt a wave of emotions run through him. This day felt different from any other day. The boy almost felt excited and anxious. However, as the clock hit 4:45 and the last train boarded, Kyuhyun felt disappointed because nothing out of routine happened, but it seems as his thoughts were ahead of him, for as he was collecting his things for the day, a figure approached his little flower stand. "Excuse me, I'd like to buy some flowers, are you still open?"

The voice, that deep voice made Kyuhyun shiver and turning around he saw the source of that voice. It was a handsome man in twenties it seemed, and he had a grin displayed on his face. "Oh, actually, I want flowers that will say finding my way when you see them. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Like flowers that mean freedom. I’m stopping by, but tomorrow I’ll leave. For each town I stop in, I need to get something, but since I won’t really spend time here, your flowers seem perfect."

Kyuhyun stood there, watching the man talk and ask for a flower, he was so perfect. The boy was just dumbstruck with the person before him who seemed to come from far far away. He was handsome, tall and he had that sparkle in his eyes, that look that said, he was still going even farther. After what seemed like 10 minutes, Kyuhyun was finally able to answer the other male, stuttering. “Y-yes, I know what y-you mean. I…I have this flower named Bird of Paradise, which is known for meaning freedom.” He picked the flower, showing it to the male with trembling hands. He didn’t understand why he suddenly felt so self-conscious, but he did. The man leaned into the flower in his hand and inspected it, and then he smiled looking at Kyuhyun and asked: “How much for it?”

“You know what?” Kyuhyun asked smiling at the other. His smiles could always stop the hearts of millions, since it was pure and full of emotions, and this man was no exception at all. He felt the change of rhythm in his heart, the sudden changed that was never there before, a sudden change that stopped his world. And his world, never stopped. “It’s free. It’s a gift. I hope you find whatever you’re looking for.”

“Why do you think I’m looking for something?” The male asked coking his head to the side.

“I don’t.” Once again, Kyuhyun’s words were accompanied by a smile. He turned around and kept fixing his stuff in order to leave and upon turning around again, he just saw a retreating figure, as he always sees. Figures of walkers like that man, walkers that look for freedom, but what kind of freedom?

 


I know it's really short, but I'll try to make next chapters longer, anyways, first chapter. Thank you for reading and for subscribing! ...I like comments...I love comments just to know what you think of the story… xD :$$