Flower that bloomed in the dark

You're not who I am waiting for

That day Kyuhyun headed home with a content smile on his face. It had been a nice day.

While he walked towards his house, the sky painted itself in soft, shinning yellows and pinks as the Sun prepared himself for one last show before surrendering the stage to the Moon. 

Walking through his neighborhood, Kyuhyun came across a certain Chinese man, Hangeng, who obviously liked his elder brother. 

“Good evening, Hangeng,” Kyuhyun cheerfully smiled at the elder and greeted him, “are you free this evening?”

The boy asked hopefully knowing that only a few people could resiste the charm of his smile. “Good evening, Kyu,” Hangeng replied suddenly feeling happy only by taking with Kyuhyun, “I’m free this evening, but why do you want to know, may I ask.”

The younger gave Hangeng his famous eye smile that smelled of juvenile purity and dreams, and replied, “Oh, my brother’s cooking tonight and I was wondering if you’d like to come.”

At the mention of Heechul, the Chinese man’s cheek dusted with a soft pink, which Kyuhyun found rather cute.

“I’d love to, Kyu,” Hangeng replied cheerfully although a bit bashful, “I’ll be there.”

Kyuhyun felt accomplished as he kept on walking towards his house and to his brother.

Reaching his house, he could see the soft lights coming from the dining room and he could make his brother’s figure from the window. 

He went inside and greeted his brother, then left to prepare himself for dinner after a long day of work. When he was out and ready, he noticed four figures in he dining room.

Three he knew very well, the other, he was stranger to see.

There, in his house, were his brother Heechul, Hangeng and Siwon, a guy who owned the little and only inn in town and who wasn’t afraid to show his interest in Kyuhyun.

Don’t get it wrong, Kyuyun liked the guy. He was funny and easy going, he just didn’t love the guy either. He preferred the elder as a friend, but Heechul actually thought it’d be good if the both of them ended up together.

Now, the other boy, he had met not long ago at the station.

“Oh,” Heechul exclaimed upon finally noticing his little brother, “say hi Kyuhyun, this is Changmin,” and motioned towards the handsome client.

“He’s staying at Siwon’s inn for the night.”

Kyuhyun approached the other and both smiled and bowed at each other. 

“Kyuhyun’s a beautiful name,” Changmin smirked saying so and no one was surprised because Kyuhyun was the flower of the town. He was beauty and purity caged and stored away in the middle of nowhere.

However, they were surprised to see light pink dust cover the younger’s cheeks. 

-

Somehow seeing his brother’s interaction with Changmin, Heechul convinced the latter to stay a few days and see town. It’d be nice, he said.

And Changmin agreed while looking straight in the eyes, “It’d be nice to see the beauty this town has to offer.”

And he did stay a few days. Kyuyun had taken the younger to the beach and to his garden. They had swam together and had walked through the station on afternoons.

Between days, they shared kisses and hugs. They walked with their hands intertwined and Kyuhyun visited the inn in the morning while heading to work.

Changmin would walk the elder from work to his house on the evenings and stay for dinner. 

They’d go and eat ice cream or watch the stars at night.

They played pranks on people in town and they laughed melodiously together, mixing with air and entailing in fantasy webs slowly.

They were dancing the slow song of youth while it played loudly.

Suddenly, five years had passed.

They infected the town’s people with their loud love and their silent smiles. 

Their ‘I love yous’ travelled far through town and everyone looked up to them. The elders remembered their fresh love and memory. The youngsters dreamt of passions and fire.

They were dancing a sensual tango while the clock counted the hours.

They’d kiss in the alleys and make sweet love in the beach, far from everyone. No one heard, no one was invited to they love fest. They were just victims of its echoes.

One day, after five years, Changmin realized something after waking up. It kept bugging him. 

Kyuhyun knew something was wrong with his lover and softy smiled at the younger while placing his hands on his cheek.

“What’s wrong?” He had asked in a caramel voice that melted its surroundings.

“Kyu,” Changmin whispered into the void of the morning, “you know I love you…but there’s something I need to do. I want to settle down with you and love you forever, but I need to finish my quest. I need to end my journey.”

And Kyuhyun understood, really, but he couldn’t help the tears that gathered in his eyes. Hot tears of goodbye.

“Don’t cry, my love,” Changmin said kissing his lover in the forehead, his hands holding his suitcase, “I’ll be back before the leaves fall from the trees.”

The year was barely starting, but Kyuhyun decided it wasn’t so long, so he waited. 

When the leaves were about to fall, just before the first one touched the ground, Kyuhyun put on his best dress shirt, pants and Sunday shoes; he sat at the train station…waiting for his lover.

His childish clock stopped.

His flowers stopped blooming and opted to die.

At first, Kyuhyun went back home after the trains stopped; he ate; he slept, but then Heechul had to take him. He had to bring him food and sometimes even bathe him.

Kyuhyun stared at everyone at the station, they looked like puppets to him.

One day, the voice in town woke up and roared the rumor. The traveler’s back. They chanted the love story.

He found her sitting on his green pine bench.

“My faithful lover, my peace, stop sewing dreams in your mind. Look at me, I’m your love, I came back.”

Kyuhyun smiled with his eyes full of yesterday. It wasn’t like that, not his face, not his skin, “You’re not who I’m waiting for.”

And he stayed there with his best dress shirt, pants and Sunday shoes, sitting at the station.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN// I can't believe it's been more than a year since I updated this and it's actually a really short chapter and the ending. Anyways, thank you for subscribing and reading. I hope you like it. I would appreciate it if you left a comment cuz you now, it's finished haha. Let me know what you thought of  it. (^.^)