In & Out of Dreams

Who Are You?

What’s going on? Why is it so bright here? Where am I? I was holding my arm in front of my face, squinting from the light. I started walking and the light started to dim. I looked up to see the light peeking through the leaves of the trees. I put my arm down to see a beautiful open meadow ahead of me. I started running toward the meadow. Wait, where’s Zelo? Wasn’t he with me?

 

“NOOOOOONNNNAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

 

“Zelo? Is that you? I’m glad you’re here. Please, don’t leave me. I remember running away and then falling. I got up and then I saw a light—“

 

Just then, Zelo was in front of me putting his finger up to my lip. He was wearing a white blouse with ¾ long sleeves and dark blue pants. He had an amulet necklace with emerald green earrings to match. His hair was long and a dark blue color…was it always blue? Before I could ask, he took my hand and lead me across the meadow to this little cottage.

 

“_________. Don’t leave me.”

 

“Zelo, I’m here. I’m not going to leave you!”

 

“_________, jus…wake up. Please, wake up.”

 

Just then a gust of wind came and swept me away. What’s happening? Where is this air coming from? I tried opening my eyes.

 

-

The first thing I saw was a mask on my face. There was a bunch of unfamiliar faces floating above me and then Zelo. Zelo what’s going on? I couldn’t move my head. I stared at Zelo and tried reaching for him. I could barely lift my arm. What was wrong with me?

 

I closed my eyes. I was tired. I heard Zelo talking to me but I couldn’t make out anything he was saying. Next thing I knew I felt like I was being lifted into the air again. Was my time coming to an end?

 

-

I was back in the meadow except this time, everything was black. The sky was filled with smoke and giant airships. I could see the hills on fire. I started to run. I needed to escape. Bombs were falling left and right but I tripped and fell.

 

I was captured, confined, and helpless in the backseat of an  airship. Why are we going so fast? Please, can someone slow down? Why isn’t anyone answering me? I tried opening my eyes. I wanted to find Zelo.

 

-

When I got my eyes open I saw him crying. I felt him holding my left hand. He was squeezing it really hard.

 

“Noona! Noona! I’m here! I’m right here! Don’t leave me noona! Don’t leave us like this!!!”

 

I’m not going anywhere Zelo, I promise. Please stop crying. Okay? Why aren’t you answering me? Everything’s going to be alright. Just stop crying…

 

“________-ah.”

 

What was that? I heard a deep voice but I knew it wasn’t Zelo. I tried turning my head. Why was this so difficult. Come on, I can do this. Just turn a little more…Next thing I knew my right arm was being lifted and my hand engulfed in warmth. I could see a shadow hanging over me. My eyes couldn’t focus on the figure.

 

“________-ah. Everything will be alright.”

 

There it was again. I wanted to respond; it was so peaceful…

 

-

There was a loud crash from behind me and the airship started to go down. I opened my eyes to see Yongguk fighting and taking out every man left and right. The plane landed and I fell over and hit my head. I could  see Yongguk but couldn’t stay awake. I called for him, “Yo…ngg…uk…”

 

...

...

 

I opened my eyes. Why is it so bright now?

 

“She’s loosing blood quick! Hurry up and put in the IV!”

 

No! Don’t poke me. Stop. HEY! What are you doing over there?! Stop! Stop please! Why isn’t anyone responding to me?!

 

“Oh! She’s awake. Hurry up and get the anesthesia. We don’t want her to feel anything while we operate.”

 

Operate? What are you doing to me? What’s wrong with me? I just want to go home. Please, someone.

 

Let.

 

Me.

 

Go.

 

Home…