Getting Ready

Who Are You?

Its been a year since Hello Baby finished. Has it really been that long? But I feel like it was just yesterday I was sitting in a van, cramped with other umma’s waiting for MBLAQ to call us out. I remember them shouting, “Umma come out,” for each of us. Finally when it was my turn, I opened the door. It was beautiful outside and I had stepped out onto a red carpet that laid across a bridge with balloons on it. It lead me up to MBLAQ and our three lovely children Lauren, Leo and Dayoung. I heard them chatting about how I was a foreign umma and anxiously walked towards Lee Joon. He looked so handsome—with his long reddish brown hair, his black suit, white collared shirt and white tie—

 

“_______, you’re not ready yet?” Wait, what? I blinked a few times—my eyes were dry. I glanced up into the mirror, I saw G.NA behind me. Startled by her voice, I looked down and realized I’d been staring off into space with my foundation in one hand and brush in the other. She brought me back to reality.

 

“Oh Unnie…I guess I dazed off again…mianhae.” Just then G.NA came over and grabbed the foundation and brush out of my hands. She swiveled my chair sideways and started to finish doing my makeup for me. This wasn’t the first time I’ve spaced out doing my makeup! I guess I was a bit overly excited to see Joonie oppa and the rest of MBLAQ again. I’ve been keeping in touch with the members as much as I can. Cheondung talks to me the most. Thankfully he lets me know how Joonie oppa is doing, especially when he is stressed. Lee Joon and I had secretly started dating after the umma episode. All the members know about us and do their best to help keep our secret safe. They all were shocked when they found out Joon had asked me out…in ENGLISH! Ha ha.

 

“Close your eyes and stop laughing! I’m going to do your lipstick next so whatever it is that’s funny, start thinking of something else!”

 

Heh heh. “Mianhae unnie.” This always happens. It will be good to see him. Maybe I’ll have less daydreams now since we’ll be together again. I hope so.

 

Knock, knock.

 

There was a soft knock at the door and then a few seconds later I heard a door open. I felt G.NA starting on my lipstick so I opened my eyes and could see Yongguk, out of my peripherals, popping his head in to ask, “Are you ready yet?”

 

“Almost finished…just a little bit of gloss…annnddddd…done! Good thing I stepped in and did ______’s makeup otherwise she’d be covered in drool and two steps from a circus clown.”

 

Outraged by her words I stood up and yelled, “YA! I wasn’t drooling! I just got lost in thought! If you only—“

 

“________-shi…uhm…eh. You look…ehh…err…beautiful.” I was so mad at G.NA unnie for making fun of me that I hadn’t notice Yongguk enter and who was now staring at me. I felt hot. I quickly turned around hoping that he couldn’t see that I was blushing. I looked up in the mirror to get a quick glance of Yongguk looking down and scratching his head. Guess he was a little embarrassed too.

 

“Goma—OW!!!” I was about to thank Yongguk for the compliment when I felt a kick on my leg and quickly fell to grab my ankle. I looked up at G.NA who was smirking, eyes wandering, waiting for me to thank her first for doing my makeup. I looked up at her and started, “Gomawo—“

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Aish!” I stood up quickly but my leg was still hurting so I crouched back down, mumbling to myself. Why did she have to kick me?! I guess I should thank her correctly though since she saved my . I took a deep sigh. “Kamsahamnida unnie!” I knew she was mad that I wasn’t ready yet and that she had to do my makeup so a simple thanks wasn’t going to cut it either. I stood up and made a heart shape over my head with my arms and said, “Sa rang hae! G.NA unnie is daebak!!! DAAAAEEEEBAAAAKKK!!!” I gave her two thumbs up and then bouncing side to side I continued to make more hearts with my hands and arms then throw them at her. She started laughing and I could see from my peripherals that Yongguk was chuckling to himself too. I won her over with that. After calming down from laughter I asked, “Shall we go then?”

 

Yongguk quickly gathered himself together and spoke, “Ne, the boys are in the van outside already. Are you sure you’re ready?” I looked at myself one last time in the mirror and fixed a few hairs. G.NA really was amazing when it comes to makeup, I couldn’t believe how flawless it looked! I turned around and nodded back at Yongguk. G.NA was already almost out the door. Yongguk was still holding the door open so I quickly ran over as Yongguk said, “gaja.”