Chapter 4

Fireworks

-Coffee shop-

Hyungsik’s late once again, when he got to the coffee shop, he finds Al already sitting on the exact seat that they used when they first met. He looks at him and his heart literally skips a beat. There he is, the sweetest and most innocent guy Hyungsik ever seen. Al realizes that Hyungsik were just standing at the doorway so he waves at him, making the taller one come back to his sense and immediately walks to their seats.

“Sorry I’m late again… I feel bad, every time we’re meeting I’m always late!”

“No it’s okay, it’s not that you’re late, maybe I just came a little early hyung~ don’t feel bad about it.” Al says trying to calm Hyungsik down. “Oh I already ordered some juices for you and cheesecakes actually, hope you don’t mind.”

“Wow really? Thanks! But hey, when will I get to treat you? And why juice?” Asks Hyungsik curious.

“Well, you have packed schedule and you need to get some vitamin in your body so fresh juices would be better for you. And you can treat me anytime you want lol” Al explains.

“No one ever done this before.. thanks, for your care. And it’s a promise then? Let me treat you the next time we meet again okay?” Hyungsik gives Al his pinky, so they did the pinky promise. People were just giving them weird eyes but they just don’t care, it’s just two guys hanging out making a promise, at least that’s what they tought.

The beeper starts to beep, telling them that their orders are now ready.

“Let me get that,” Hyungsik offers, “you’re kind enough to buy me these so let me get that.”

And so, Hyungsik gets their orders and when he comes back he takes his jacket off making the younger one gasps.

“No way!”

“What? Anything’s wrong?” Hyungsik asks, starting to worry that maybe something is wrong with his wardrobe.

“No nothing’s wrong, just…” Al takes his jacket off and shows Hyungsik that he actually wears gray long tee with white pocket on the chest area and white stripes on the arms area. “Look, what a coincidence!”

“Omo, you’re right lol I can’t believe we wore something similar!” they both laughs at it and start chatting around.

“So, how’s thing been going with Dongjun?”

“I don’t know, I think he’s still acting weird, but why did you ask about him?”

“Well, nothing, you talked about him a lot when we were texting, you know, how he’s been acting weird and that all of your members were worried about him.” Al smiles.

“Can we just, not talk about him today? I don’t want to… Just… Okay?”

“Okay okay I understand,” Al laughs at the sulking and pouting Hyungsik. “Hyung, I still don’t get it, you’re really cute.”

“Hahaha why suddenly? I know, it’s my charm hehehe” with just that words, Hyungsik forgets about what they were talking before.

Whenever they’re talking it feels like there’s only the two of them in this world, they didn’t realizes that time passes by just like that.

“Oh look at the time,” Says Hyungsik, looking at his watch. “Are you hungry? I’m hungryyyy”

“But hyung, you already ate 3 slices of 3 different cakes.” Al suprises.

“I knoooow, but we were splitting the cakes! You ate it too.”

“Hahaha okay, let’s eat dinner, do you want to eat something in particular hyung?” Asks Al, putting his jacket on getting ready to go.

“Hmm do you want tteokpokki? Or maybe ramyun? Or! Tteokpokki with ramyun!” Suggests Hyungsik, while doing the same thing as Al.

“Oh and I know this place that serves really great ramyun tteokpokki, we used to eat there when we were still trainees. And this place is not far from Han River, so maybe after that we could take a walk together around Han River, you okay with it?” Hyungsik asks excitedly, smiling from ear to ear, waiting for Al’s responds.

“Sure, why not? A nice ramyun would be nice at times like this.” Al hesitates at first but he finally agrees, he tightens his jacket because of the cold night. “And I always like walking around Han River, even though it’s a little bit cold tonight.”

“Really? Is it that cold? Should I grab more layers for you at the dorm?”

“No it’s okay, ramyun tteokpokki will heat me up in no time! But hyung, what are you going to talk about later?”

“Well if you said so. It’s a secret~ let’s just eat first! I’m starviiiing.” Hyungsik grabs Al’s hands and take him out of the coffee shop walking slowly still holding hand without realizing it.

“Um, I actually drove my car to get here, do you want to just drive there instead?”Al stops, suggesting to uses his car.

“Why didn’t you say that earlier! Hahaha it’d be a big problem if people sees me walking around at night like this.” Says Hyungsik, scratching his head. Eventually he let go of Al’s hands.

They were arguing about who’s going to drive, but Al insist that it’d be better if he drive than an idol driving someone’s car. So in the end, Al wins the argument and drives them to Han River area, stopping in front of a food shop.

They orders 2 servings of ramyun tteokpokki, the ahjumma were preparing their order. And while waiting for it to be done, that start talking about many stuff. When it’s finally done they starts inhaling the foods, which Hyungsik eats most of it because Al can’t really eat too much spicy food.

“I feel bad now…” Hyungsik says in between his meal. Making the younger one looks confuses.

“Eh? Why hyung?”

“Well, if I knew that you couldn’t really eat spicy food, we should’ve order it less spicy… you didn’t eat that much”

“Ey, it’s okay hyung. Besides, I’m full already~ and I have to control my weight. Hahaha” Jokes Al.

“Hyung, where did all the food you eat goes to? You’ve never look fat or gain any weight, but you actually eat a lot. If it were me, well, oh you know what I mean.” Al says in between their meal, fascinated by how much Hyungsik eats.

“I don’t know, my members also said the same thing. I don’t really gain any weight when I eat.” Hyungsik simply answer, still munching his foods. Al pour him more water into his glass, he takes it and drink it after his last bite of the meal.

“Aaaah, I’m full! Thanks for pouring me water,” he smiles. “You still want to walk around after?”

“Sure, it’s cold, but the sky looks beautiful tonight. And I think there’s not much people left around the river.” Al says, anticipating their walk with a big smile on his face. “But maybe a little bit later, you just eat a lot so let it get digest first, okay hyung?”

After a few minutes, they ask the ahjumma for the bill. When Hyungsik about to pay, the ahjumma ask him for a sign and he did. She also ask him who’s the guy that with him and he says that he’s just a friend of him.

They comes out of the food shop, and then they slowly walks to the Han River. They were just walking in silences, enjoying the –cold- breeze and the night sky. Al inhales deeply and let out a loud exhale.

“You really like it huh?” Hyungsik asks with a sincere smile on his face.

“Yeah, I always come here alone whenever I feel stuffy or sad.” He looks at Hyungsik and says, “but now to be able to walk around with you is not that bad too.”

They keep walking in silences, side by side. Sometime taking glances at each other, mesmerizes by each others. And finally, Hyungsik can’t keep it inside anymore.

“Gom-ie yah, I know this might sound crazy and too soon or something like that. But, I think I’m in love with you.” Hyungsik stops and grabs Al’s hand.

 Al freezes at that moment, eyes widened by the words. His expression shows his shock, stunned by the words that come out from Hyungsik’s lips.

“What??” is the only word that could comes out of Al’s mouth.