Chapter 11

Fireworks

As Dongjun walk down to get to where his leader hyung and manager is, he start searching about the diseases that Al just told him –since Al didn’t get to tell him what it was-. Upon searching he reads some article about the diseases and can’t hide his shock.

“Dongjun-ah why are you so pale? Is your ankle starting to hurt again?” Asks Junyoung worry when Dongjun get in the car.

“Nee? Ah no hyung I’m fine hehehe” Says Dongjun with an awkward laugh. Junyoung know Dongjun’s lying but he don’t know what is it about so he decided to let it go.

Along the ride Dongjun’s lost in his thought. Thinking about what’s right, tell Hyungsik about what happen or just keep it for himself until Al brought it up himself.

The dorm is now empty, everyone’s doing their own individual schedule, since Dongjun sprained his ankle he’s told to rest for the time being.

In his time alone in the dorm, he’s lost in his thought once again. Without him knowing, Hyungsik’s home already.

“Dongjun-ah how have you been? What did the doctor said about your ankle?” Hyungsik asks worried.

“Eung, there’s nothing wrong, just a sprained ankle but I have to rest for awhile.”

“Oh it’s good then.” Hyungsik’s then goes to his room and start looking at his wardrobe followed by Dongjun.

“Are you going anywhere? More schedule?” Dongjun asks.

“No I’m done for today, but Al finally answer my calls and messages and we’re going to meet later so I have to get ready.” Hyungsik answers excitedly.

While Hyungsik excitedly picking out his clothes, Dongjun’s breaking cold sweats. He’s wondering if Al’s going to the drop the bomb tonight, either both about his sickness or he’s going to lie and break up with Hyungsik. Whatever decision it is, he knows Hyungsik going to be broken. It’s not like he could prevent what’s going to happen but still Dongjun couldn’t help but ask him.

“Are you sure you’re going tonight? Isn’t hyungdeul going to move out?”

“Hm? Well, Al did say it’s not going to take too long. He just wants to talk for a little bit. No matter what I’m going to meet him even if its only for a minute or two~ besides, we’re going to meet at a park near here and I’ll be home before hyungdeul moves out.”

“Well.. If you say so..” With that Dongjun goes back to his room.

After a little while Hyungsik knocks Dongjun’s room telling him he’s going.

“Dongjun-ah I’m going now, rest well okay?”

“Eung, good luck to you, I mean, have fun…”

“Eeung~ I’ll be back soon~ take care Dongjun-aah~”

Al was already sitting in the bench waiting for hyungsik. Hyungsik saw him and gets excited he’s shouting Al’s name.

“Seunghyun-ah~~” Al quickly look for the call, kinda surprised someone calls him by his name not his nickname and it was Hyungsik running over to the bench he’s sitting.

“Oh, hyung.. You’re here?” Al asks.

“Eung, sorry… Did you wait long? Aah I should be the one who waits…. Sorry…”

“No, it’s okay, you’re an Idol anyway, how could I make you wait for a nobody like me.”

“Seunghyun-ah… why are you talking like that?”

“Oh it’s nothing, by the way… Why are you calling me Seunghyun not Gom?” Asks Al curious.

“Last night, I’ve decided to just call you by your real name. I figured, everyone’s been calling you by your nickname and on top of that I called you Gom. So… I want to be someone who calls you by your real name dearly.” Hyungsik blushes.

Al looks down to hide his face by the answer. It makes his heart flutters but he has to do what’s needed to be done.

“So, what happened to you last night? Dongjun wasn’t home at all last night and you’re not picking up my phone nor answering my messages. Are you okay?” Asks Hyungsik worried.

“I’m fine. Hyung, we need to talk.” Says Al seriously.

“We’re talking right now, go on ahead is there something bothering you?”

Al pauses for a moment he takes a deep breath and says,

“We need to break up.”

“What? No. You’re kidding right? You’re lying right?” Asks Hyungsik frantically can’t believe what Al is saying.

“Well I’m lying this whole but not now.”

“What… do you mean…?”

“Oh gosh you’re so gullible. I’ve been lying this whole time. Me and my friends were betting that I could make you like me and date me, and voila I won the bet. So why would I continue this fake dating anyway.” Al says coldly with a smirk on his face.

“No.. No.. You’re.. lying.. this is a lie…”

“Tsk, get over it already. I can’t believe you’d really fall in love with me, well thanks for that I won big. So, thank you I guess.”

Hyungsik face showed how surprised he is by this bomb, he still can’t believe what just happened.

“Oh come on, it was all just a game, I have no feeling or emotion whatsoever towards you hyung. If its going to be hard on you, well, whatever. I’m out. You should be careful next time, you’re such a fool. Bye.” Al leaves after saying all he wants to say leaving Hyungsik in a daze.

Tears start falling through Hyungsik eyes. He have mixed feeling about what just happened, anger, sad, betrayed, crushed. The first time he fell in love but he fell into something that feels like a cliff.

Feeling restless, Dongjun goes to the park, he saw and heard everything. Al passes by him and he says, “Take care of him.” to Dongjun. Dongjun runs to Hyungsik who’s still in a dazed.

“Hyungsik-ah you’re okay?” Asks Dongjun, he puts his scarf on Hyungsik’s neck upon seeing the taller guy shivering from the cold. “Babo, why didn’t you put on scarf in this cold. What’s wrong?”

“D-dongjun-ah… why are you here? I-I…” Hyungsik stutters.

“Come on, lets get you home. Hyungdeul’s almost home as well.”

 -in the dorm-

“Here drink this, it will make you warm.” Dongjun offers him a glass of hot tea, “So what happened? Stop crying already.”

“D-dongjun-ah… am I stupid? Am I gullible?” Hyungsik ask.

“Well, yeah sometimes, okay most of the times, why?”

“So.. it’s true.. I’m a fool and easily tricked off. D-dongjun-ah… Seunghyunie, I mean, Al.. He, he broke up with me he said everything was just a game to win a bet…” Hyungsik starts crying again.

“Stop crying please, ugh, well if its true than you just got to shake it off and man up. Why are you crying about this.”

“But I thought what we had was real…”

“Well now you know that it’s all just a lie, now wipe away your tears or you’ll be interrogate by hyungdeul. Do you want to send them off to a new dorm like this? You’ll only make Junyoung hyung worried.”

“I guess you’re right…” Hyungsik agrees, Dongjun wipe him his tears and Hyungsik starts drinking his tea to calm himself.

“We’re home!!” Says Kwanghee while he enters the dorm. “Hyungsikie you’re home already~~~~”

“Oh? Why are you guys coming together? Aren’t you all had different schedule?” Asks Dongjun.

“The manager decided to picked us up and buy some foods so we could eat dinner together, you haven’t eat have you?” Explains Siwan.

Now everyone’s busy making foods, setting the utensils with chatter and laughter fills the room. They had a nice dinner together as 9 in the dorm reminiscing their trainee days together and they could have 2 dorms so the dorm won’t be too packed. But still they will miss the togetherness of all 9 in one dorm.

But now, the time has come for them to say goodbye. Yes they will meet again of course, they’re still in one group after all. But from now on, the maknae line won’t be able to hear their hyungdeul nagging. And hyung line won’t be able to nag to the maknae line.

Hyungdeul gets into the car, as the car is moving Siwan asks Junyoung whispering “What’s wrong?”

“Something happen before we got home…  It’s written all over Hyungsik’s face. Do you think he’ll be fine?”

“Junyoung-ah.. I’m sure he can take care whatever it is. You can’t keep worrying about them.”

“But still..” Siwan cuts him

“When it’s time, he will  tell you Junyoung-ah. Give him some times.”

The ride continues with silence, it’s not far, but it feels like it so far for Junyoung.

2 days have passed since the break up but Hyungsik still can get everything straight. Hyungsik does well with his schedule but whenever there’s no camera around, he starts staring at blank space his mind is elsewhere like a zombie doing his routines.

It’s even worse in the dorm, he eats so little not like how he uses to, he’s not responding well with the conversation, when Dongjun checks on him at night he pretends to sleep but Dongjun knows he’s not sleeping.  Not to mention that Junyoung keeps texting and calling Dongjun if everything is okay without hyung line.

Yes, it is only 2 days so for other people it might be just like any other usual break up, but Dongjun knows the truth and he can’t hold it anymore and feels like he has to break it down to Hyungsik. But since its already late at night, he figures he’ll tell him in the morning because Dongjun and Hyungsik doesn’t have schedule tomorrow.

Morning has come, and it’s time for Dongjun to tell Hyungsik the truth. He have no idea how Hyungsik will react but it’s for the best. He deserves the truth. So he knocks Hyungsik’s door slowly, after a few seconds Hyungsik tells him to come in.

“Are you awake? How was your sleep?” Dongjun asks.

“Eung, I’m awake…” Answers Hyungsik quietly. “What’s wrong?”

“Listen.. it’s about Al..”

Hyungsik choked a little when he hears Al’s name but he try to answer it anyway “So? What about him?”

“What about that guy who uses me? Huh?” Hyungsik continues, getting pumped up.

“Do you… hate him now? After he said that he used you only for a bet?”

Hyungsik pauses, and Dongjun sighs.

“The thing is… he’s lying.” Says Dongjun.

“Well of course he’s lying! He’s lying to me! It’s all just lies!” Hyungsik burst into tears.

“He’s lying by saying that’s it was all lies, can’t you see?”

“Wait, what do you mean by that?”

Dongjun sigh, “Promise me you’ll calm down…” after Hyungsik gives him respond by nodding, Dongjun starts telling everything.

-Back then at the hospital-

Dongjun still can’t digest what he just heard. He’s not sure what to say or do in this kind of situation but he decided to ask Al.

“What.. what do you mean by that? Dying?” This time Dongjun has lower his voice and not angry anymore but rather shocked.

Knowing that he will have to find out anytime soon Al let out a sigh and try to explain the real situation to Dongjun.

“I told you didn’t I hyung? That sometimes I find it hard to breathe, not only that… I feel pain in my chest as well.. and although I look like I eat a lot, I can’t really eat that much. Well, ever since I got the diseases.” Al looks at Dongjun slowly and he’s still looking at Al with a confused look, “Have you ever heard about Gorham Diseases hyung?”

“No… I haven’t..” Dongjun simply answer, but his phone suddenly rang as he check it up it was Junyoung who called him.

“It’s okay you can pick it up.” Says Al with a gentle smile.

“Oh hyung, what’s wrong?”

“Where are you? Why do you sounds weird? Are you okay?”

“Oh? Oh I’m still in my friend’s room, um nothing I’m fine nothing’s wrong.” Lies Dongjun.

“It’s okay if you’re fine, are you done yet? We need to go Dongjun-ah… Hyung moving out remember?”

“Ah yes hyung I’ll be down soon, sorry to keep you waiting.”

“Okay I’ll wait here, I’m hanging up now, eung.”

Dongjun let out a sigh as put his phone’s back to his pocket.

“Hyung.. You can go, but can I ask you one thing please?”

“What is it?” Dongjun feels no rivalry anymore and realizes that Al is not that bad.

“Please don’t tell Hyungsik about any of this…”

Dongjun think for awhile and says “But he still needs to know the truth… Are you sure about this?”

“Please hyung.. I think.. it’s is better for him to think that I’m the bad guy…”

“Well… If you say so… I, I gotta go now. You should rest well.” Says Dongjun giving Al a sincere smile for the first time.

“Thanks hyung…”

 

-Hyungsik’s room-

“That’s why he decided to break up with you… Even in the park, after he left he passes me by while crying and asks me to take care of you..”

Hyungsik stood up his face showed he’s in shock and can’t believe what he just heard, tears falling down from his eyes. He quickly rush to the bathroom to wash himself up and gets into the room to change clothes.

Dongjun could only see him all over the place panicking, Hyungsik keep mumbling “Bad guy… such a bad guy… liar… it’s all lies.” He’s about to get out of the dorm but Dongjun stops him.

“Where do you think you’re going like this?!”

“Where do you think?! I’m going to the hospital!” Shouts Hyungsik.

“Keep it down, the other is still asleep. I know you’ll be like this, I already called a cab you should wait and I’m going with you I wont let you go alone.”

Hyungsik falls to floor his legs giving him away, a few seconds after Dongjun got a text telling him that the taxi has arrived so he helps Hyungsik to get up and get to the cab.

Hyungsik’s so restless along the way, Dongjun keeps calming him down. When they arrived at the hospital Hyungsik quickly goes to Al’s room guided by Dongjun. And there he is, Hyungsik saw Al lying on the bed helpless.