Nightmare

The Amazing Arashi Oneshot Collection

Sho knew it had to be a dream. It just had to be. He wouldn't know what to do if he knew otherwise.

It had started out normal. Haru was pregnant with his child, and the worries that a new parent got certaintly wasn't going to skip Sho in any way. He worried more about  her all the time. He looked out for his wife. He gave her space, but always kept an eye on her while she was working so  that if anything went wrong, the 'loyal-and-faithful' husband would be there to swoop in and save his expecting wife. Nino told him he was going insane and that Haru didn't need any of his help.

It was after one of their many doctor appointments. It had pretty much been a bad week that kept Sho up and awake. Him and Haru had had a big fight that afternoon concerning her, the baby, and Arashi's 5x10 Anniversary Tour that they had to start the next night. Usually, Sho was excited about tours and concerts and performing in front of fans, but all that excitement and anticipation was going away because of all his worry and lack of sleep. 

So he spent some of his sleepless nights watching Haru sleep, her breathing slow and quiet, and her arm wrapped around her five month pregnant stomach. In his opinion, watching Haru sleep was one of the most beautiful things in the entire world.

That night, Sho had somehow been able to fall asleep. At first he was grateful because he needed it, but then he regretted it.

The dream was very strange. He was on-set of a drama, and for some odd reason Aiba was there with him. Sho was getting into costume when his phone rang, and Ohno was on the other line telling him to get to the hospital because Haru had gone into early labor. Scared out of his mind, Sho took off running as fast as he could to the hospital. It seemed like it took hours to get there, but when he finally made it to the hospital Haru was still in the delivery room screaming from so much pain. When Sho tried to run into the delivery room to be next to his wife, two imperial looking doctors grabbed his arms and threw him out, slamming the doors nearly in his face.

"HARU!" Sho yelled slamming on the doors. "HARU!" Sho had no idea if she even heard him, because all he could hear was her screaming. 

After a few minutes of pacing around, a doctor came out and walked up to Sho. "We're sorry," he said. "We did everything we could, but your son died. The umbelical cord was wrapped around his neck when he was delivered and it strangled him."

Sho literally felt his legs slip from underneath him. He couldn't stand, he couldn't walk, he couldn't even talk and ask questions. He was just in a state of shock. Finally, he looked up at the man. "What about my wife? Haru? Is she okay."

Another look of sadness crossed the doctors' face. "I'm afraid, Sakurai-san, that your wife didn't make it either. She died in childbirth."

Somehow, Sho gained control of his legs and stood up throwing the doctor up against a wall. "NO!" he yelled. "THAT'S NOT TRUE! TAKE IT BACK! YOU BASTARD TAKE IT BACK!"

"SHO-CHAN!" Sho heard Nino call as he was pulled away from the doctor by Ohno and Matsujun, who appeared out of nowhere. Nino looked at him. "Calm yourself! Just because Johnny Kitagawa just fired us from J-Storm doesn't mean you have to take it out on the doctor."

Sho stared at his friend. He didn't even register the part about Johnny Kitagawa. "How can I keep calm?!" Sho yelled at him. "My wife just died with my child and you're telling me to keep calm?!" He got out of his friends grips and ran into the delivery room to find Haru all dressed in white laying on a table looking like she was asleep. Sho walked up to her and took her cold hand before he started to try and wake her up. "Haru," he said softly before he got a little more forceful. "HARU! WAKE UP! Please, just wake up Haru!"

He began to sob as he looked over and noticed a glass box that held a baby that looked just like Sho in one of his baby pictures. His son, he realized. His beautiful baby boy, and Sho had nothing left to hold on to.

Sho screamed. 

It was so loud that it woke him up and had him sitting up in bed panting trying to catch his breath. His eyes were wide with shock and fear, and it took him a minute to realize that it was only a dream. Sho sighed and carefully looked over at Haru next to him. She was still asleep peacefully, and Sho even made sure she was alive by placing his hand on her shoulder, making her squirm under his cold and sudden touch. 

"Yokatta..." Sho sighed as he carefully lay back down on his back. Haru was alive and well. The baby (he hoped) was still alive and well. And his nightmare was over for the minute.

Sho rolled over on his side and put his arm around his wife's waist, pulling her closer so that her back was flesh up against his chest. He could smell her lilac scented hair, and it was calming to him. He closed his eyes and almost fell asleep immediately.

"Eh?" he heard Haru whisper as she woke up a little. "Sho? What is it?"

"You smell nice," he answered grogilly. 

Haru chuckled. "Arigatou. Are you okay?"

"Hai~" Sho groaned. "I'm okay. Are you alright?"

"I'm good."

"Good." 

Haru seemed to let it go as she closed her eyes and started to go back to sleep. She felt comfortable, and protected, and she loved it when Sho had his arm around her.

"Haru-chan?" Sho asked a minute later. Haru groaned quietly as her response. "Aieru yo."

He felt Haru smile. "Aieru yo Sho-chan."

 

=======================================================================================================

 

 i thought of this idea last night and thought i would write it ^^ tell me what you think!!!