Sakurai-mama, Guess What!

The Amazing Arashi Oneshot Collection

One of the hardest things that Sho ever had to do in his life was tell his mother about Haru and him getting married. His mother was never one to cry spontaniously and for no reason at all (she was a professional woman after all, being a college professor), so it shocked him when he told her that he and Haru were getting married and his mother could barely talk because of the tears.

"She's just happy," his father told him. "She's very happy for you. Congratulations."

"My son's getting married!" Sho could hear his mother say. "To a sweet girl! I can't believe it's come true!"

Mai got to share with her mother's happiness, and Shuu acted like he could've really cared less.

Sho couldn't even begin to imagine his mother's reaction when he told her that he and Haru were going to have a baby. He was scared to be honest.

"You need to call your mother," Haru told him.

"Why?" Sho asked.

"To tell her about us!" Haru said. "To tell her about the baby! She's gonna be a grandmother. Don't you think she deserves to know?"

Sho looked over at his wife. "Why do I have to call her?"

"She's your mother."

"She loves you more though."

"That's a lie!"

"Trust me, it's not!"

"Sho," Haru looked back. "You have to tell her. How bad could the call be?"

"About as bad as the call I made telling her I was getting married."

But because he pretty much had no choice, Sho made the phone call the next night. He honestly hoped that she wouldn't be there and that he could leave a message, but he knew he was not going to be that lucky.

"Moshi moshi?" Sho's little brother, Shuu, answered the phone. 

"Shuu, it's Sho."

"BAMBI!" Shuu said happily. "What's up?"

"Nothing really," Sho replied. "Hey is Kaa-san there? I need to talk to her."

"Aww," his brother groaned. "Why can't you talk to me?"

"Because I can't, now put her on the phone."

"What if I said she wasn't home?"

"NOW SHUU!"

A few seconds later, he heard the phone being passed over, and his mother came on the other end. "Sho-kun! What a nice surprise!" 

"Hi Kaa-san," Sho said. "How is everything?"

"We're fine," she replied. "Nothing much happening as usual. But what about you? How are you and Haru doing now that you're married? Is she okay? Is she feeling okay? You didn't hurt her too much on your honeymoon did you?!"

Sho took a few seconds to answer as he prepared himself. "No, Haru's not hurt, and she's fine and healthy... but there is something that I have to tell you."

His mother was silent for a minute. "Okay..."

"It's about me and Haru--"

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING DIVORCED!" his mother yelled. "I FORBID YOU! YOU JUST GOT MARRIED! IF YOU GET DIVORCED I WILL--!"

"KAA-SAN~!" Sho nearly yelled back. "Haru's pregnant!"

He regretted telling her in that instant because the phone became dead silent as she took it in. "Pregnant?" Sakurai Mama asked. "Haru?"

"Yes."

"As in having a baby? You and Haru?"

"Yes kaa-san."

Then, his mother started crying loudly. "YOU'RE PREGNANT! And with a honeymoon baby~! There's going to be a Sakurai aka-chan! I'm so proud of you my son!"

Sho frowned at the last remark. "Okay..thanks kaa-san, but I didn't do everything."

"TELL HARU CONGRATULATIONS! And work for a boy. We need someone to pass on the family name!"

"What about Shuu?"

"He's fourteen! He can't pass on the name until he's married! Or at least he better not!"

Sho rolled his eyes as his mother happily and excitedly went on and on and on about the fact that she was going to be a grandmother and that the mini Sho baby was going to be the most adorable and spoiled thing on the planet. When Sho's father returned home, he told him, and he happily said 'congratulations' and started asking if Sho and Haru had started making plans for a college fund. Shuu was just shocked that Sho and Haru had had and was like "You mean you actually did it?" and Sho had to tell him, "Well that's generally how you  make a baby Shuu."

All in all, it was a pretty good phone call.

 

=======================================================================================================

 

okay, kinda short but I thought it would be kinda cute to do, so I did it ^^