Chapter Two

Sweater Weather
Was it just a dream, or better said a nightmare? Perhaps it was a flashback of a strangely familiar situation that occurred before. Either way, the feeling wasn’t terrible but it definitely wasn’t too pleasant either. 
 
For most people, having a clear sight gone blurry, a body as light as a feather tied to an anchor and thrown into the ocean, and a world full of light and sunshine gone dark within seconds, whether they were real or just imagined experiences, they would be considered unpleasant without a second thought. But, what happens when someone is experiencing these things for the second time, or maybe even a third or a fourth? Would they still feel as scared as they did the first time, or do they eventually get used to it?
 
--
 
When Byunghun opened his eyes to find himself staring at the white walls of a white room, he immediately sat up in shock and scanned the room only to find no one but Chanhee sitting on a nearby chair with his head leaning against the wall. Chanhee, who had fallen asleep while waiting for Byunghun to gain his consciousness, woke up when he heard sounds coming from the bed. 
 
“Why am here? Why are we here?” Byunghun looked confused, unable to remember anything that happened in the last couple of hours. 
 
“I took you to the nurse because you completely passed out after PE class...you looked terribly sick,” Chanhee tried to explain but Byunghun had his mind focused on other matters. 
 
“How long was I out for? How many classes did I miss? Mom and Dad are going to be so pissed if they figure out I missed some classes today...they will definitely explode when they find out I passed out again. What do I do...what do I do?! What if they-” 
 
Chanhee walked over and used his hand to cover Byunghun’s mouth to stop him from wasting his energy on talking so much with such high speed. 
 
“I don’t plan to piggyback you all the way back to your classroom, okay?” Chanhee said as he pat Byunghun’s head. 
 
“Wait...are you saying you-” 
 
“Yeah, yeah. So quiet down little boy,” Chanhee joked, which he swore he saw a small smile appear on Byunghun’s face.
 
“No, but seriously, how long was I out for? My parents will- Can we go back to class? Aren’t you going to be in trouble for skipping class?”
 
“About two hours or so, don’t worry, I’m sure you didn’t miss too much. If this happened before, you should probably go to the doct-”
 
“I’ll be fine,” Byunghun once again interrupted Chanhee before he could finish his sentence, and stepped out of the bed in the nurse’s office to reach for the door when he realized how bare his arms looked- he wasn’t wearing his sweater. 
 
It was strange for Byunghun to see his bare arms even though they were a part of him. He disliked the sight of it and hated himself even more because it was his own fault, just like every bad thing that ever happened to him. Byunghun buried those thoughts away and lowered his hand to his side, 
 
“Have you...seen my sweater?” Byunghun’s voice was shaky and full of fear at the thought of Chanhee knowing something he shouldn’t, but he didn’t want to jump to conclusions either. 
 
“The nurse took it off and left it outside because she said your temperature was too high. I’ll go get it, so just wait here,” Chanhee offered without looking back at Byunghun because he didn’t want him to feel even more uncomfortable than he already did. 
 
“Okay, let’s go,” Byunghun said after putting on his sweater, “won’t you get in trouble for being here instead of being in class?”
 
“Don’t worry about me, alright? Worry about yourself first, little boy,” Chanhee patted the shorter boy’s head the same way he did earlier. 
 
“You need to stop doing that...and I may be short but I’m not a little boy!” Byunghun whined. 
 
“Of course you’re not, you whiny little boy,” 
 
 
 
 
 
=========================================================================================================
Thanks for reading and commenting (yes, please do, I love reading your comments) have a wonderful day~