4. Everyone Left

There Is No Such Thing As 'Forever' In This World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks. Twenty-one days. Exactly twenty-one days since we broke up. Haven’t heard a single thing from her or about her. Do I care? No. Of course not. I mean, why? Why should I care? Honestly, I don’t know how I feel or how I should feel. Maybe.. Maybe I like her. Jenna.

 

Who’s Jenna? Jenna -or should I saw the clumsy girl- is an American Citizen. She lives in New Jersey, United States.

 

Sent (4:19 PM):

Where is that?

 

Jenna (4:20 PM):

Somewhere in America.

 

Sent (4:20 PM):

So you’re saying.. You don’t live in Korea?

 

Jenna (4:21 PM):

Technically, I am American! I was born in America and I lived there my whole life.

 

Sent (4:23 PM):

Are you here only to visit or something?

 

Jenna (4:25 PM):

Yes, I came here to see my great grandmother. She’s very ill. I’ll be here for

about another month then I’ll be leaving.

 

Sent (4:25 PM):

I’m sorry to hear that about your great grandmother. Hmm.. What are you doing

at the moment?

 

Jenna (4:25 PM):

Me? I’m playing my guitar.


 

When someone can play an instrument, it really excites me. With that, I gave her a call. “Hello?” she answered.

 

“Jenna, hi!” Yes, I tried my best to sound manly. “May I help you?” she asked, and I heard guitar in the background. “Since you said you’re playing your guitar, do you mind playing me a song?” Can she sing too? “I actually do mind. I don’t sing or play guitar for someone just because.”

 

“Just because? Alright, fine I won’t force you.”

 

“Gikwang?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I’ll play a song for you.”

 

“Really?”

 

Then I heard strumming. A beautiful sound flowed through the phone and into my ear. Soon, singing followed. It wasn’t Korean though. The words. It was english.

 

“I love you~ Something I shouldn’t be saying… I love you~ Why is this happening? I wish.. I wish I wish… I want to be with you~ With youuu~ But...”

 

The song continued for a few minutes and it ended. Her voice, it was so angelic. I love it.

 

“You’re voice is beautiful…” I managed. “It’s a confession,” she said. “A confession?” A confession? For what? “Gikwang, I’m leaving in a month. I don’t want to. Because I have found something that means a lot to me.” What does that mean? “What?”

 

“Can we meet up?”

 

“Meet up? Yeah of course.”

 

“The park?”

 

“No, somewhere where people won’t recognize me.”

 

“What?”

 

“Did you forget who I am?”

 

A soft chuckle. “This is why I sing only for myself.”

 

“Yeah, you’re very smart. Where do you live?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I’ll go over.”

 

“Gikwang. No.”

 

“Are you thinking wrong? A girl like you shouldn’t have a erted mind.”

“I think you’re the one who has a erted mind. ert.”

 

“What??”

 

“Fine come to my house, I know where we can go.”

 

“Alright, where do you live?”

 

I copied down the address quickly. “So far! Alright I’ll be there in thirty minutes more or less.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“See you.”

 

“Bye.” And the line goes dead.

 

I jogged downstairs and headed for my-

 

I don’t have a car anymore. I can’t drive either. “UMMA!?” Oh wait.. She has a skin care treatment today with- her. Instead, I took a cab over. I was right. It took about thirty minutes to get there.

 

“What took you so long?” she asked with a bright smile. “Sorry,” I bowed playfully. “Follow me,” she began walking up the road. “If you lived in America your whole life, how do you manage to speak Korean so perfect?” I’ve been wondering that for a while. “Me?” she slowed to walk side by side with me. “No that tree.” Me? Who else? Such a silly girl. “Stop it!” she nudged me a bit and laughed. “Okay no answer my question.”

 

“I have no friends in America. I never fit in anywhere. So I rarely spoke English. I understood it perfect. Reading and writing too. But never really had someone to use it with. My parents only spoke Korean. The only people I talked with were my parents and my dog Bummie. She died three years ago.”

 

“Sorry about your dog. Poor thing..”

 

“Yeah. I’ve had her since I was two.”

 

“How old are you again?”

 

“Nineteen.”

 

“Fourteen years. That’s a long time.”

 

“I guess.”

 

“No friends?”

 

“You’re the first person I held a conversation with outside of my family.”

 

“Anti-social I see.”

 

“It’s not funny.”

 

“Hey..”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“That song..”

 

“I confessed. I like you Gikwang.”

 

“What?”

 

She fastened her pace. “I don’t want to like you. I shouldn’t. But I do.”

 

“I thought you knew me that’s why.”

 

“Just because you’re an idol doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter