Part II

Flashing Lights

Hyosung wasn’t sure what was going on. One second, she was on her way out of the practice room, the next second she was in Kikwang’s arms, kissing him. She gasped in surprise as he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her in closer, body touching body. He deepened the kiss, tongues intertwining.  Her eyes were closed and she had her arms wrapped around his neck as she responded. She suddenly realized their compromising situation and she abruptly pulled away and slapped him.

“Do I look easy to you?” Hyosung asked angrily, as she wiped her lips, “I’m not here to be your personal toy.”

Kikwang looked shock as he was recovering from the slap. “Hyosung, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to, I couldn’t hold myself back, I-”

“Listen, Kikwang. I’m not your average girl who is here for your pleasure and at your disposal, okay? I would appreciate if you left me alone.”

Hyosung turned to leave when Kikwang yelled, “What are you talking about? What do you mean use? When did I use you? Why are you just assuming things and-”

Hyosung faced him, with tears collecting in her eyes. She angrily yelled, “Because I know how you people are. Okay? You act friendly and nice and after you get whatever you want, you throw us away.”

“What do you mean you people? You-”

“Oh, come on, Kikwang,” Hyosung said with a sad smile, “You know what I’m saying is true. Idols like you aren’t the best kind of guys. I’ll just pretend this never happened and we can just continue to-”

“I like you.” He suddenly said. Hyosung’s heart dropped. “Wh-What?”

“I said I like you.” Kikwang said, stepping closer to her, “I know it’s only been a couple days since we met, but I’m so comfortable around you. And my heart. This stupid guy won’t stop beating fast when you’re around, and-”

“You have got to be kidding me.” Hyosung said, “I’m leaving.” She briskly turned away, but Kikwang pulled her back.

“Why do you keep cutting me off? I’m trying to tell you how I feel!” Kikwang said, angrily.

“I don’t want to know. I don’t want to hear it.” Hyosung said almost desperately. Kikwang’s grip on her loosened.  She looked up at him and said, “Don’t be cruel and just let me leave.”

Hyosung pulled her hand out of his grip and left.

--

Hyosung took a deep breath as she relaxed into her usual hot bath.

It’s been a week since her last encounter with Kikwang. Since then, Kikwang was busy preparing for his comeback, so she hadn’t seen him much. Her work load was a lot lighter, too. She would see him passing by here and there, but she would do her best to avoid him. There were awkward times when he called after her, but she managed to slip away every time. There was nothing she can do about their upcoming stage performances though. This was so unfair.

Hyosung groaned. This wasn’t supposed to happen. She wasn’t supposed to fall for another idol. Hyosung groaned as she recalled how much she loved hearing those words from him. I like you. How much she loved hearing it, yet hated it at the same time.

“Stop playing with me.” Hyosung whispered.

Ring Ring.

“Hello.”

Hey Hyosung, it’s me!!!”

“Jieun, how do you always manage to call me when I’m taking a bath?”

Why do you always take baths? Are you drowning yourself in sorrow and self-pity again?”

“Yah! I’m not throwing myself a pity-party.”

Oh, then you’re just being a drama queen. Hey, hurry and change! Let’s go hang out!”

“Jieun, I’m tired. It’s been a really long day and-”

Don’t want to hear it. I’ll go to your house and drag you out if you don’t come out. Be ready in 30 minutes. I’ll be outside your house!”

And so that’s how Hyosung ended up in the middle of the Pojangmatcha with Jieun.

“kyah!” Jieun said as she gulped down a shot of Soju. “Man, I missed drinking alcohol. Here, you drink up too, Hyosung!”

Hyosung accepted and drank away.

“How are you doing?” Jieun asked happily.

Hyosung laughed, “I got asked by Cube to become their official trainee.”

Jieun gasped and stood up in shock, “Oh my gosh! Congratulations! You must be so happy!!! Why didn’t you tell me sooner! Let us celebrate this good night with more beer and-”

“I rejected.” Hyosung said quietly. Jieun blinked in the middle of her grand speech. She sheepishly sat down and said, “I’m sorry. What did you just say? You.. uh. YOU REJECTED?!?”

Hyosung nodded. Jieun raged, “Why would you do that? It’s the perfect opportunity for you! Hyosung, look at me. What is going on with you, girl?”

“I- I don’t know. I don’t want to do it anymore.” Hyosung replied.

Jieun frowned, “Is this because of Joon?”

Hyosung looked up offended, “N-no. Why are you bringing up that bastard?”

“Because,” Jieun said, “You just turned down your dream.”

Hyosung just took another shot of Soju, “Man, I don’t know. I was too scared. I’m scared to fail and be rejected. I’m not good enough.”

Jieun huffed, “Nonsense. You were big enough news to be on Korea News Entertainment as a backdancer! Imagine how much attention you’ll get when you become an idol singer?”

Hyosung laughed, “I don’t know what’s wrong with me Jieun.”

“Have confidence!” Jieun said, “You’re a beautiful girl and you have so much talent! Now you march back to Cube and tell them you want to reconsider the contract.”

Hyosung shook her head no. “I can’t do that.”

Jieun frustratingly mumbled to herself and hit her head, “What do you mean you can’t?!”

“It’s embarrassing.”

Jieun blinked. “Are you serious right now? Because of your stupid pride, you’re gonna let this chance go?”

“H-hey! It’s just one company. There’s plenty out there. Besides it would just be really awkward if I become a trainee there.”

Jieun gave Hyosung a sly smile and wiggled her eyebrows, “Who is it?”

Hyosung blushed, “Who’s who? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Jieun nudged Hyosung, “Who’s the guy, huh? You have to tell me these things, Hyosung!”

“Ugh. It’s nothing. It’s just one of the beast guys. He’s too friendly and-”

Jieun squealed loudly into Jieun’s ear, “I love beast! AHHH!! Which one is it? Which one? Is it Yoseob?!? He’s so cutee! Who is it? Who is it?”

Hyosung laughed. She forgot how much of a fangirl her friend was. “Kikwang.”

“OOOH KIKWANG!” Jieun shouted, standing up. Embarrassed, Hyosung shut Jieun’s mouth and pulled her down.

“What’s the problem then? You become a trainee at Cube, and he’s the already hot beast member. And then you guys can be in love. And then you’ll debut and become an idol couple! AH! I can already see it! And then I can tag along to go on a double date with you two and Yoseob. HAHAHAA!!” Jieun said, with glittering eyes.

“No, no,” Hyosung said, “You already have a boyfriend, Jieun. And I just said he was too friendly. There’s nothing between us.”

Jieun laughed, “I can still fangirl.”

“Yeah, I wonder how Yongguk will feel about that.” Hyosung muttered.

Jieun laughed and then sighed, looking at her friend. “Are you still not over Lee Joon?”

“Jieun, stop bringing him up!” Hyosung said, “I am over him, thank you very much.”

Jieun shrugged, “It doesn’t seem like it to me.”

Hyosung shouted, “Ajumma! More soju!”

--

Hyosung was slung across Jieun’s shoulder, as she happily sang the Korean anthem.

“Hyosung, you’re so heavy” a drunk Jieun whined as she pulled Hyosung along. Drunk Hyosung pouted, “I’m not! Here, let go, I can walk by myself.”

She pulled herself away from Jieun and stumbled as she walked. “See?” before dramatically tripping.

“Aish” Jieun groaned as she picked her up. Hyosung was now incoherently mumbling to herself and drunk Jieun had no idea how to get anywhere. But somehow they ended up in front of the Cube building. Drunk Jieun dragged Hyosung and sat her at the entrance.

“Sleep well!” drunk Jieun said as she stumbled along to go to her destination.

“Goodbye~” drunk Hyosung sang as she happily waved to her friend. Hyosung then sloppily got up and walked into the building. Drunk Hyosung wasn’t even sure how she got anywhere. One second she was saying bye to Jieun, the next second she stumbled into the practice room.

“Aish. Why did I come to this room? Where’s my room?” Hyosung mumbled, “Eh. Why are the lights still on here?”

“What are you doing here?” a deep voice asked. Hyosung looked over and smiled. “It’s Kikwangie! WHEE! Hehehe. Beast’s best looking member Lee.Ki.kwang! Hehee, hi!” She stumbled a bit, but was caught by Kikwang and his quick reflexes.

“You’re really drunk,” Kikwang said. Hyosung giggled, “No. no! I’m not drunk. I’m not!”

Kikwang sighed as he pulled her arm around his shoulder, saying, “Let’s get you home.”

“Noooo~” Hyosung said as she pulled away from him, “I want to stay here!”

To make her point, drunk Hyosung sat down at her usual spot by the wall. Kikwang sighed.

“Hyosung, you can’t sleep here. Let’s at least take you to one of the resting rooms, yeah?”

Hyosung pouted, “But I don’t want to. Kikwangie don’t yell at me. Stay here with me!”

Kikwang laughed as he muttered, “I think I like drunk Hyosung.”

Hyosung pulled Kikwang down so that he was sitting next to her. Hyosung giggled. “Can you hear that?”

“Hear what?” Kikwang asked.

“My heart,” Hyosung said, “Badump. Badump. Badump. It’s beating so fast. Can’t you hear it?”

Kikwang blushed a bit, not used to a forward Hyosung.

“Is yours like that too?” she slurred. Kikwang laughed. Yeah, he found Hyosung very attractive and something about her just drew him to her, but this was a new side he saw to her. She was pretty cute. Kikwang nodded, “Yeah. Mine is like that too.”

Hyosung giggled as she placed her head on his chest, above his heart, “I can hear it.”

Kikwang froze. Hyosung laughed and mumbled something before leaning back against the wall. There was silence.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” Kikwang asked. Drunk Hyosung hummed. “Because… because. You scare me.”

“I scare you?” He asked, eyebrows raised. Hyosung nodded. “I don’t want to get hurt.”

“What do you mean?” he asked. But he got no response, just short breaths from the sleeping girl who’s head landed on his shoulder.

--

Hyosung groaned as she woke up. Her head was throbbing like crazy. She shouldn’t have gone out with Jieun last night. Hyosung shook her head and looked at her surroundings. Well, this definitely wasn’t her room. Maybe if the world stopped spinning, she would be able to determine where she was.

“Oh, you’re awake!”

Hyosung looked over and saw Kikwang coming in through the door and grabbing a drink from the fridge. Hyosung froze. Um, what was going on?

“What are you doing here?” Hyosung asked, eyes narrowing. Kikwang laughed, “This is the Beast resting room.”

Hyosung looked around and started noticing the Beast posters that were plastered al over the wall. Well, how egotistic of them.

“You really don’t remember anything, do you?” Kikwang asked, laughing. Hyosung gulped. Uh-oh. Did something happen yesterday?

“No.” She squeaked, face turning pale. Kikwang laughed as he looked at the clock. “Well, I got to bounce to my interview. See ya later!”

And with that, Kikwang left a confused Hyosung in the beast room. Hyosung blinked. And then she started panicking.

“Oh no. What did I do yesterday? Aishhh.” Hyosung started pacing in the room. Well, she had no choice but to confront Kikwang. Ughh. If Hyosung sees Jieun anytime soon, that girl was dead. Oh, speaking of Jieun, did she get home okay? Worried, Hyosung took out her phone to dial Jieun’s number when she noticed something awry. Hyosung’s mouth twitched. When did her cellphone background change to Kikwang’s face? Hyosung shook her head and called Jieun.

Hello.”

“Whoa. Jieun, your voice got so much deeper. Are you sick?”

Laughter was heard from the other line.

“Hi Yongguk.”

Hey Hyosung. Jieun’s getting vocal training right now. What’s up?”

“Oh, thank God. She did get home safely!”

Yeah, she called me in the middle of Apgujeong. I don’t know how the hell she ended up there. But she’s safe.”

Hyosung nodded. “Okay, that’s good. Tell her I’m going to kill her later.”

“I shall relay your message. And next time you guys drink, I think I need to go and chaperone.”

“Whatever Yongguk. Practice hard, kay?”

Yeah yeah. Bye Hyosung.

Good to know her crazy friend was recovered. Hyosung looked up at the clock. Oh, crap. It’s already noon? Well, she was late to her dance training.

--

Hyosung lied down flat on the ground. Once a week, the back dancers always brushed up on techniques and well, had dancing fun. It was her favorite part of the week, but it was not fun when combined with a hangover. She was extra tired today.

As she rested, she heard the other back dancers murmuring.

“Whoa, no way!” one of them said.

“Yeah, that’s why she’s not here! She’s at TS now!” The other said.

“Ah, Sunhwa is so lucky!” another said.

Hyosung smiled. Good for her! She was happy for Sunhwa. Hyosung slowly got up to leave when one of the dance coordinators came in and called her over.

Hyosung went to the lady who looked a bit nervous.

“What’s going on?” Hyosung asked.

“Well,” the lady said, “As you know G.na still has another week of promotions, but there’s not enough back dancers. We tried fixing it up with the few we have, but it looks empty. So, we’re gonna need you to continue the promotions.”

Hyosung scoffed, “Is Miss Diva okay with that?”

The lady frowned, “She has no choice. But there’s a show tonight, so please go talk to her. And work out whatever happened. Okay?”

Hyosung sighed as she said yes. She silently mumbled to herself as she made her way to G.na’s resting room.

Knock knock

“Come in.”

Hyosung opened the door and saw G.na sitting in front of the vanity.  Her eyes were puffed and red.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, trying to cover up her face. Hyosung sighed, “I’m sure the coordinating unni told you that I’m going to be a part of your performance for the rest of your promotions.”

“I already know, so please get out.” G.na said. Hyosung debated in her head whether to leave or not. She groaned as she shut the door and decided to stay.

“Are you okay?” Hyosung asked. G.na looked up, confused. “Why are you still in here?”

Hyosung shrugged, “You looked like you needed a friend.”

G.na laughed, as her eyes watered, “I don’t need your pity. Just leave.”

Hyosung just sat down on the couch and waited.

“It just hurts, you know.” G.na said, “All those mean words. I practice my off and work so hard for this comeback and all they do is spew insults. During my debut they say I look fat so I diet for this comeback and they say I look too skinny and unhealthy. What do they want from me?”

Hyosung was silent as she handed the girl a tissue. G.na accepted and blew her nose.

“It’s all about the aesthetics. How I look. Plastic surgery rumors, when all I did was lose weight! They don’t even care about the music. Sniffle. And even my back dancer gets more attention than me.”

G.na started wailing like a baby. Hyosung grimaced as she reluctantly gave G.na a hug. G.na cried while clinging on to Hyosung tightly. Hyosung awkwardly patted her back. “There, there. Don’t focus on the anti’s. There’s plenty of people who give positive feedbacks. You have so much fans, yet here you are being so absorbed about the negative comments.”

G.na sniffled as she looked at Hyosung.

“You’re an idol,” Hyosung said, “So many girls looks up to you. You make a difference in this world, your music. You have people supporting you, and you love making music, don’t you?”

G.na nodded. Hyosung smiled, “Then what’s there to worry about. You’re good.”

G.na sniffled as she smiled, “Thanks.”

Hyosung nodded as she got up, “Well, I’m gonna go brush up on the dance moves. I’ll see you later tonight at Inkigayo.”

Hyosung was about to leave when G.na said, “Wait.”

Hyosung turned around and looked at the girl. G.na coughed and awkwardly looked around. “Um. I’m sorry for hitting you and stuff. I- I was just feeling really insecure.”

Hyosung shrugged, “That was weeks ago. Consider it forgotten.”

G.na smiled, “But really, thank you. You’re too nice.”

Hyosung laughed, “I never get that. I’m pretty mean.”

G.na shook her head furiously, “No, you’re kind. Thanks.”

Hyosung just nodded, “Well, I’ll see you later then.”

And Hyosung left the room. She smiled as she walked towards the practice room. G.na wasn’t too bad.

--

Hyosung let out a nice sigh as she lied in the hot tub with a cup of tea. It was a long, hung-over day. It felt nice to rest up, finally. It was a good day. Although, it was off to an awkward start with Kikwang, Hyosung was glad to be somewhat cordial with G.na.

Ring Ring.

Hyosung groaned.

“Seriously, Jieun. Everytime I’m taking a nice bath.”

You’re taking a bath?”

Hyosung startled as that familiar deep voice came from the other end.

“Who is this?”

It’s Kikwang.”

Hyosung blinked.

How’s your bath going?”

Hyosung blushed.

“H-how did you get my number?”

She heard laughter from the other end.

Well, you kind of gave it to me yesterday night.”

“What?”

Kikwang recalled the story to her.

flashback

“What do you mean?” Kikwang asked. But he got no response, just short breaths from the sleeping girl who’s head landed on his shoulder.

He laughed. He attempted to move the girl when she suddenly got up and smiled at him.

“Kikwangie. You’re so good looking.” She started pulling at his cheeks, “Ah, so handsome.”

Kikwang laughed, a bit flushed at her compliment.

“You.” Hyosung said, pointing her finger at him, “Are you blushing?”

She started poking him. “You’re blushing. So cute!”

Kikwang smiled, “I think it’s time for you to get to bed.”

Hyosung pouted, “But I don’t want to sleep.”

“Come, on.” Kikwang said as he got up. Kikwang tried to pull Hyosung up, but she tried to resist.

“NO~”

But, of course, Kikwang was much stronger so he pulled her up and piggyback carried her.

“Kikwangie~” Hyosung said, “Can I see your phone?”

Kikwang complied and handed her his phone, “What do you need it for?”

She punched some things and gave it back to him. “My number. So you can call me and we can play again!”

Kikwang laughed, “you want me to call you?”

Hyosung nodded, “Ah, wait.”

She pulled out her own phone and said, “Smile!”

Kikwang awkwardly smiled at the phone that was barely a couple inches away from his face. Hyosung giggled, mumbling about a new background or something. She happily sighed and said, “You’re back is really warm.”

Kikwang smiled. They arrived at the room so Kikwang lied her down on the couch. He pulled a blanket over her and said, “Rest up.”

End flashback

Hyosung flushed as he retold the story to her.

Anyway, I’m outside your apartment. Come out.”

What was up with people always barraging her house? Can’t a girl take a bath in peace?

“How do you know where I live?”

I had to ask around here and there, but I eventually found it. Come out!”

“I’m not going to whatever you tell me to do!”

Do you really want me to come up and embarrass you? I can serenade, too. I’m pretty good at that.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll come down. Wait.”

And she hung up on him.

--

“You called me out in the middle of the night, not to mention in the middle of my super nice and hot bath, to sit out here in the middle of the freezing park?!”

Kikwang cheekily smiled, “There’s too much people anywhere else.”

He took off his jacket and draped it across Hyosung’s shoulders. Hyosung sighed, “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to see you.” He said. Hyosung frowned, “Kikwang, I thought I told you last time. I don’t want any sort of relationship at all with you. I don’t know what I said in my drunken state yesterday, but sorry. It’s not gonna work out. If that’s why you’re here, then I’m just gonna go.”

Hyosung stood up to leave when Kikwang grabbed her wrist and sat her back down.

“Will you at least listen to me before you go?” He asked. Hyosung sighed as she nodded.

“I don’t know what happened in your past to make you so scared of relationships and I can’t do anything to make that pain go away. But, I’m not like that guy. You can’t assume that every guy is the same. I like you. I know it’s going to be hard, but are you willing to be with me?”

Hyosung looked at Kikwang, who looked so sincere. His eyes shined brilliantly. Hyosung looked away and stared at her lap.

“I don’t know if I’m ready.”

Kikwang grabbed her hand and placed it on his heart.

“Do you feel how fast my heart is beating? It only happens when I’m near you.”

Hyosung looked at him with tears in her eyes. “But it’ll eventually stop. And then you’ll be tired of me and throw me away. I don’t want to-”

Kikwang pulled her in for a tight hug. “It won’t. As long as you still want me around, it won’t stop beating.”

He reluctantly let go of her from his embrace. Kikwang wiped the tears from her face.

“Will you go out on a date with me?” He asked. Hyosung let out a deep breath.

“I-I would like to.” She said quietly. Hyosung looked at Kikwang and gave him a small smile, “I would love to.”

Kikwang pulled her in for another tight hug. Hyosung hit Kikwang in the arm, wheezing, “I. Can’t. Breathe.”

Kikwang smiled sheepishly as he let go.

“But in all honesty, Hyosung, it’s gonna be really hard. My comeback is next week, which is basically a month of non-stop work. We may not see each other a lot either, but I will try my best and-”

“I know,” Hyosung said, “I know how strenuous an idol’s life is. But I’m still willing to try. With you.”

She blushed a little bit and Kikwang smiled widely.

“You’re cute when you blush.”

Hyosung turned even redder. Kikwang laughed and gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek.

--

Hyosung spaced out as Jieun was babbling next to her in excitement.

“I totally knew something was up with you last time!! AHHH! My Hyosung is dating a hot Korean idol!” Jieun squealed as she hugged Hyosung tightly. Hyosung pried herself out from Jieun’s grasp.

“Jieun, please, calm down!” Hyosung said, embarrassed that Jieun was making such a big scene at the restaurant. It was her one day off after a week of strenuous performance with G.na and practices with Kikwang (which she didn’ really mind). And on her one day off, Jieun forced Hyosung to spend the day with her.

“Wow, now you just need to set up the double date with me and Yoseob!” Jieun said, giggling.

“I’m right here.” Said a husky voice. Jieun gave Yongguk a sweet smile.

“I’m only kidding, babe. Although, I would like to hear him sing live.” Jieun made a googly face and Yongguk just shook his head at his girlfriend’s antics. Remind Hyosung why she was third wheeling with these lovebirds again? Oh right, she has no other friends.

“Hey, but be careful.” Yongguk said to Hyosung. She looked at him curiously, “What do you mean?”

“Don’t want you to get hurt again.” He said. Hyosung nodded. “But I can’t just hold myself in fear of what happened to me in the past, right? I need to take risks in order to move on.”

Jieun smiled, “I’m proud of you! Alright, drink up, drink up!”

Yongguk grabbed the shot glass from Jieun’s hand, “Not for you.”

Jieun pouted and Hyosung laughed. The two started bickering when Hyosung got a text from Kikwang.

My vocal training ended early. Dinner date?

Hyosung smiled as she got up.

“Excuse me, lovebirds, but I got to go.”

The pair looked up at the dancer. “Where are you going? We were in the middle of eating dinner!” Jieun said.

Hyosung cheekily grinned, “Secret” and slipped out of the restaurant.

--

Hyosung and Kikwang went into a large café with their protective disguises on. Well, for Kikwang at least. After eating a big dinner (mostly on Kikwang’s part), they decided to stop by to eat some shaved ice.

“Are you excited for your solo debut?” Hyosung asked, smiling. Kikwang nodded.

“But I’m scared, too. I haven’t been alone on the stage since those early solo days.” Kikwang said. Hyosung smiled as she placed her hand over his, “You’ll do great! And besides, I’ll be literally right next to you!”

Kikwang laughed, “That’s true. That makes me feel a little bit better.”

“The music video is released tomorrow right?” Hyosung asked. Kikwang nodded. Hyosung smiled brightly, “Don’t worry! It’ll be daebak!”

They finished their food and started walking around the neighborhood. Kikwang coughed while sneakily grabbing her small hand with his own. Hyosung laughed as she squeezed his hand. They just walked in comfortable silence, looking at the outdoor mart that was buzzing with life.

“Kikwang-ah! Look at this!”

Hyosung ran over to one of the ghetto little jewelry store and picked up a bracelet. It was silver with a little amulet on it. She showed it to Kikwang and grinned. The amulet had a picture of Kikwang on it with the signature beast logo. Kikwang grimaced, “I can’t believe people sell and buy this.”

Hyosung laughed as she asked the ajumma how much it was and purchased the bracelet.

“Why are you buying that?” Kikwang asked, feeling a bit embarrassed. Hyosung placed the bracelet around her wrist and answered, “So I can have you around me all the time!”

“But you can see me! You don’t need this ghetto plastic bracelet picture.”

“It’s fun! Isn’t it wittle Kikwang?” Hyosung said, while looking at the tiny picture. Kikwang laughed. They soon arrived in front of her apartment.

“I guess I won’t be seeing you for a while.” Hyosung said, facing Kikwang. He nodded with a sad smile.

“At least we can see each other during our performances” Kikwang said happily. Hyosung nodded and smiled widely.

“Take care of yourself. Eat well and sleep well!” Hyosung said.

“Yes mom” Kikwang said jokingly. Hyosung playfully hit him for mocking her.

“Can I get a parting kiss?” Kikwang asked. Hyosung blushed and quickly pecked Kikwang on the lips. Kikwang frowned, “Ey, what was that?”

And he pulled her in for a real kiss. Hyosung smiled as she kissed him back.

--

Hyosung breathed in and breathed out as she waited for them to call Kikwang to get ready for the stage. Kikwang’s song achieved an all-kill and the music video got such hot responses. People even noticed that it was “G.na’s backdancer” that was in the video and Hyosung received some attention. Of course along with praise, there were anti’s who hated that she was touching their “precious oppa” but Hyosung never really cared about that anyway. She was just happy that Kikwang’s solo was so successful thus far. Said man then appeared next to her.

“You nervous?” Hyosung asked him. Kikwang attempted to smile but it ended up looking more like a lopsided grin. Hyosung laughed and gently squeezed his hand.

“You’ll do great! They’ll love you! And, I’ll be up there with you, too!”

Kikwang nodded. The stage director called them up on stage. They went over to take their places. As the music started, there were loud cheers of “Lee Kikwang! Lee Kikwang! Lee Kikwang!”

Hyosung danced her heart out on that stage. Every sound was drowned out and the only thing Hyosung could hear was the music and her heartbeat. She couldn’t see anything else but Kikwang, who was singing his heart out while dancing. They were dancing just as they had rehearsed, numerous of times, but this one felt special. Maybe it was because they were actually on the stage. Maybe it was the makeup and clothes. Maybe it was the cheering of the crowd. Maybe it was the lights. But as the song came to an end and people started cheering even louder (if that was possible), Hyosung and Kikwang shared an intimate moment. That intimate moment of being on stage and feeling that adrenaline and excitement together. As they got off the stage Hyosung smiled as she told him, “You did amazing!”

Kikwang smiled back, but was quickly ushered away by his manager to fix his makeup and whatnot to move on to the next schedule. He looked at her with sorry eyes to which Hyosung just nodded.

Hyosung happily walked to the waiting room when a familiar voice called out her name.

“Hyosung.” 

Hyosung froze as she saw the one person she didn’t want to see.

“Lee Joon.” 

--

A/N: Dun. Dun. Dun. Cliffhanger! I know I said it was going to be a two-shot, but it became too long so I decided to make it three instead! Yay! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I think Hyosung and Kikwang are moving along pretty well! And yay for the small Bangsong parts! Hehehe. Please leave a nice comment. Or mean comment. But hopefully nice. ^____^