Chapter 7

Cold

“! Who was that ?” Dongwoon groaned inside Cody’s place as Cody tried to ice his eye.

“You kind of deserved it.”                    

Dongwoon pulled Cody on his lap, “I know. I’m sorry. I can’t imagine my life without you so I won’t ever do anything that stupid again. There’s still a few hours left of your birthday. What do you want?”

“You,” Cody whispered.

Neither wasted anytime heading upstairs to make up.

 

 

Cody was up the next morning unusually early. He peeked outside, to meet a sunny day, with only a few melting snow piles on trees. He had hoped they’d be enough for another snow fight.  He wasn’t tired so he searched for something to do, remembering the unopened present. He tore open the box to find some nice pens and notebooks, something he had mentioned wanting while out one day. How did Alex know? He picked up the card and was about to open it when he felt arms around him.

“What’s that?” Dongwoon said pulling Cody back to bed.

“A gift from a friend,” Cody smiled.

“Pens?” Dongwoon gave a face that suggested he wasn’t impressed, which Cody ignored. He knew Dongwoon was only jealous and feeling guilty. Dongwoon went to bathroom mentioning something about how his face was still throbbing.

Cody took the card out of the envelop eager to know why his new friend had been so kind before he even knew him. A picture mars was on the front with no message. Inside the originally blank card was a handwritten note. 

 

 

 Dear Cody,

I love you like the moon loves the sun. They never meet except for one blessed day briefly crossing each other’s path. I love you like the waves love the shore, kissing it gently then pulling away. I love you like the first snow of winter, beautiful, with the tragic bitterness of something ending. I love you without the expectation of it being returned. I love your heart not your body. I love you because I can, because the universe conspired to make me do so. Yes it is possible to love someone with all your heart without ever getting close to them. I’ll keep loving you this way. I don’t want your heart. I just want you to smile like every day is your birthday.  

Love Always,

Alex

 

End

Thanks so much for reading this. I hope it was't too depressing lol and I'm sorry if there were a ton of mistakes. I wrote it in a day without editing and I'm not feeling good at the moment.

Happy Birthday Cody. I left a message for you in a blog post on here. I won't be around for your birthday so please accept this fic as a small gift and my way of saying thank you for the memories. "Alex" and I really care about you and even though we don't talk, you're always in our thoughts and a part of us.

Love you <3