Breaking News

The Lawsuit (Story On Hold)

Key pulled away from Jonghyun, looking gently into his eyes. A flutter of joy appeared in Key’s stomach, making him smile uncontrollably. It was the first sign of hope, a possibility of escape. But Key still couldn’t stop regretting that he was so blind to Jonghyun’s love, almost losing it for good. Although Jonghyun had spat words of hate and dealt strikes of hate, Key never doubted that Jonghyun would come back to him. He thanked the lord that the drug was weak in long affects and only held up for a few hours.

“You didn’t answer my question. Why can’t I hate you?” Jonghyun set his hands on Key’s arms, squeezing in desperation for an answer. “You’re below me, nothing to me or my Appa, yet I can’t help but think that something is missing.”

“I’m nothing to him, but it’s your choice as to what I am in your eyes. Think about what you are feeling. I can’t tell you what you truly feel towards me; only you can do that.” Key almost broke down, seeing Jonghyun so lost and confused was getting too much to handle.

Jonghyun threw his head back in dissatisfaction, whining that Key wouldn’t help him. “It’s too hard! If I knew why I felt differently towards you, I wouldn’t be asking! Cut the physiological crap and tell~”

Key sent his hand sharply into Jonghyun’s cheek, making him jump back in surprise. “I said I can’t tell you what you think babo! You tell me what you think!”

Jonghyun rubbed his cheek and looked at Key sheepishly. What was this kid trying to get at? “It’s hard... My brain is all fuzzy, but I don’t know why... Let’s just forget~”

Key got fed up of hiding his feelings and grabbed Jonghyun’s arms, pulling him close so their lips eventually met for the first time. Jonghyun’s eyes suddenly widened in shock, but at the same time with an unexplained joy. Soon his arms were wrapping around Key again, holding the delicate boy close to him. After what seemed like an exciting eternity, Jonghyun found his mind again and pulled away from Key. One side of his brained yelled “dude you just kissed him... Icky!” and the other leaped about screaming “I remember everything!”

“Now tell me what you think.” Key smiled as Jonghyun’s breathing sped up, allowing him to break out of the trance for just a little moment.

“I don’t even know what to think... You really do care about me...” Jonghyun’s eyes filled up with tears of guilt, happiness, regret, joy, and other emotions at the same time.

Key smiled as he wiped Jonghyun’s tears with his thumbs, cooing his hyung with sweet words of care. “Don’t cry JJong! Of course I care about you; I’ve always cared but, been too shy to tell you how I feel. I couldn’t stand seeing you like this any longer.

Jonghyun’s tears increased as he stared to shake in distress. “I don’t want to be like this anymore Key... It’s only been a few hours, but it seemed like forever. I can’t hurt anyone anymore; I don’t want to be his son!”

“You don’t have to be. I think I worked it out, and the other three know too. It’s going to take some time, but you have to trust me and listen to what I tell you.” Jonghyun sniffled and nodded his head, ready to listen to what was really going on. “Soo-Man is forcing you to drink some water, and it’s drugged with something that makes you easy to manipulate. Basically, he is drugging your mind into a state that you can’t control, and unless you stop soon it will be too late.”

Jonghyun bit his lip and mentally scolded himself. He remembered talking to Soo-Man in the recovery room and taking the drink from him, it was so obvious that Soo-Man wasn’t to be trusted, yet in that one moment Jonghyun let his guard down. “I remember having the first drink, and then I only remember little snippets of my memory. Most of it being horrible... Seeing you and the guys getting harmed, some I even caused myself~”

Key shook his head and pulled Jonghyun close to him, whispering in his ear to comfort him. “You were being controlled; it’s not your fault. If you don’t drink the water then your brain will return to its normal state, but you have to trust me.”

“I do trust you, but how can I just stop taking the water? He will know something is up if I act like my normal self.” Jonghyun looked around, hoping that no one was going to enter the room and catch them talking together.

“Just act for now. I will dilute the drugged water with plain ordinary water when we serve the dinner tonight. Your brain will still be affected, but not as much as it has been. As long as he thinks you are still under his control we can trick him and find a way out.” Key kissed Jonghyun's tears away and pulled him to his feet."As long as we stay strong for the next few days, we will survive and become one again."

Jonghyun nodded in agreement. Although he was listening to Key, his sights were set on the ridiculous maid dress, making him smirk and pull at the puffy sleeves. "I want to forget everything that is happening, but I'm keeping this memory forever!" Key smirked at Jonghyun’s natural behaviour and slapped his hand away. "If we can get one in pink, it will do for the concerts. I bet the fans would love to see you in a dress instead of Taemin for once!"

Key blushed at the thought of his fans seeing him in a dress. "Not a chance in hell! Not even in the dorm either! This is something that I never want to experience again!"

"Oh come on Bummie, its funny when you think about it..." Jonghyun tickled Key in the neck, knowing it would send him into a fit of uncontrollable giggles. Key tried to back away from him, but Jonghyun was too quick and grabbed hold of his arm to get a better grip.

Suddenly the door opened, causing the pair to turn around in slight panic. A guard popped his head into the room from the door and bowed his head. "Excuse me Jonghyun, but I was just wondering if you are ok, not getting any trouble from him are you?"

Jonghyun quickly tightened his grip on Key's neck, winking secretly to Key to tell him to play along. Just to convince him, Jonghyun slapped Key's cheek, making him squeak in surprise. "Who gave you permission to come in here?" The guard tried to force his words out, but ended up stuttering in embarrassment. "Everything is fine, so get lost!"

"Of course, forgive me young master Jonghyun!" The guard quickly closed the door, leaving the pair alone again.

Jonghyun kissed Key's cheek repeatedly, apologizing for the sudden violence he had just done to Key's perfect face. "I’m sorry a thousand times! I was just acting like you said! I think he bought it though!"

Key shook his head and smiled as he rubbed his cheek. "It’s fine Jonghyun. You could have done it a little bloody softer though! But keep up the act."

With that, Jonghyun stood up and walked to the office desk, throwing the cleaning stuff to the floor by Key. "You didn't finish the cleaning, so get to it maid boy!"

Key scoffed in shock as Jonghyun sat in the black leather office chair, putting his feet up on the desk. "Excuse me? Who do you think you are?"

Jonghyun smiled and closed his eyes smugly. "I'm your boss' son, so you do what I say!"

"As if, get off your and help me!" Key picked up a cloth and threw it at Jonghyun, nailing him in the face with it.

"YAH, DON'T YOU MOTHER ME!"


The TVXQ members sat patiently at the dinner table, constantly bowing their heads to the four SHINee members who were rushing around to pour water for them, and putting the final pieces on the table. Jaejoong sighed as Taemin poured some water for him, his mind flooded with an awful guilt. “Taemin-ah, you don’t have to treat us like this. No one should be treating us like this. It’s my fault you guys are even~”

“Stop blaming yourself for this Jae!” Yunho quickly cut Jaejoong off in midsentence, grabbing his hand to reassure him. “Next time you say it’s your fault, I’m throwing you through a bloody window!” Yunho raised his eyebrows to playfully threaten Jaejoong, who bowed his head and blushed with embarrassment.

Taemin laughed and put the glass jug of water on the table, bowing his head again as he backed away from the table. “Jaejoong hyung should stop blaming himself for this; it’s not like it’s that bad.” Everyone looked to Taemin with confused gazes. “I mean if you think about it; we will go free after this, build up new careers, and leave with a sense of self confidence.” Taemin tried to reassure everyone about a positive outlook, but he knew as well as everyone else; they were beyond screwed at his moment in time.

“Hey, who told you to talk to them? You want to be taught a lesson?” One of the guards took a step towards Taemin but was blocked off by Minho, who pushed the younger idol behind him for protection. The guard scoffed as Minho stood firmly, keeping his eyes locked on the guard. “What’s your problem? Don’t want your baby to get a bruise on his pretty little face?”

Yunho slammed his fist on the table, standing up and drawing all attention to him. “That’s enough! If you want us to help your boss, then you’d stop treating our friends like dirt!” Jaejoong gently held onto Yunho’s arm, silently telling him to be careful of his words. Yunho looked down at his hyung, who pulled on his arm to get him to sit. He did as he was told, not wanting to cause more damage to anyone.

“They are dirt! You think that you have the right to tell us what to do? You’re a guest here, a very annoying guest too may I add. So unless you want us to~”

The door suddenly opened, followed by Soo-Man and Jonghyun walking into the room. “What’s with all this talk about violence?” Everyone went silent as the dominant male walked casually to the table, pulling a chair out to allow his son to sit down. Soo-Man sent a deadly glare to the guards. “Are you going to serve us the food or what?”

The head guard looked puzzled, rubbing his neck in confusion. “You want us to serve you the food? Isn’t that what the younger brats are~”

 “Did I ask for your opinion, or did I ask you to bring us the food?” Soo-Man snapped at the guard, who quickly bowed and ran into the kitchen, dragging his men with him. “Sit, I have something that I want to talk to you all about.” Soo-Man gestured towards the SHINee members, who sat at the table in silence.

Jonghyun couldn't take his eyes away from Key, his Key. He couldn't shake the horrible thought of being confined to be Soo-Man's son forever, being trapped in a life forced to hate the people he loves. His only wish right now was that his friends somehow escaped. Key looked at Jonghyun, giving him a sneaky smile in the corner of his mouth, which Jonghyun gladly returned.

“Well...” Soo-Man smiled as the idols, including his son, looked at him with confused looks. “I suppose you’re all wondering why I allowed you to eat with me tonight.” Everyone looked at each other, questioning his intents with their eyes. “Come on guys, I asked a question. So answer it!” Soo-Man’s voice suddenly became blunt and emotionless.

Jaejoong saw the stress in everyone’s eyes and decided to speak up; being the oldest meant taking responsibility for his younger friends. “We were wondering that Hyungnim. You’re actions is a bit... abnormal...”

“When has the creep ever been normal?” Junsu muttered under his breath, earning a kick to his keg by Yunho. Junsu bit his lip, muffling the sudden moans of pain. Yunho sent a deadly glare at his dongsaeng, quickly sending him the clear message to stay silent.

“You’ll find out soon enough, but for now we shall eat. I was impressed with the work SHINee did in the house today, now that your singing careers are over, you’d do very well as servants.” Jonghyun sighed in guilt as his band members lowered their heads in shame, he didn’t want to believe that their days as SHINee were over, but it was difficult to think otherwise. “Looks like Jonghyun really whipped your worthless into shape, eh Key?”

Key bowed his head in embarrassment, still in the awful dress he was forced to wear since the afternoon. Soo-Man smirked at his accomplishment of finally breaking Key; it took longer than he expected. “Don’t think you’ve tamed me. I only did as asked because I’m worried for Jonghyun’s safety.” The smile soon vanished from Soo-Man’s face as he reached for his pocket, reminding the four about their ankle bracelets.

Jonghyun looked back and forth at Soo-Man and his band members, seeing the fear in their eyes, then Soo-Man's smirk of domination. “Wait a second!” Just as Soo- Man was about to send his friends into a world of pain, Jonghyun gripped his arm and pulled his hand away from the remote, earning a deadly glare from Soo-Man.

“You better have a good reason for stopping me Jonghyun, because I’m getting sick of you giving me attitude. Remember our talk we have in your room.” Jonghyun was frozen on the spot for a moment; his eyes couldn’t look away from his Appa’s threatening stare.

“It’s not about what we spoke of. It’s just because... well what if TVXQ refuse to help if we hurt them too much? We need to keep them on our side.” Jonghyun stated in his most convincing voice, making Soo-Man sigh and shake his hand away from his son’s grip.

Yoochun clenched his fists, and scoffed at Jonghyun with hatred. “We will cooperate, but we won’t be on your side.” Jonghyun looked at Yoochun. He understood his disgust, he’d hurt everyone badly only in the time of a day, how could he not hate Jonghyun after that? Yoochun noticed Jonghyun staring at him, and sent a stare back. “Once this is over, I hope you rot in hell!”

“Don’t talk to him like that!” Soo-Man spat back at Yoochun, who quickly shrunk back in his seat. “If you say anything negative about him again, you’ll be the one rotting in hell!” Yunho put his arm around Yoochun protectively, biting his lip to stop any insults flying out at the pair.

“Just tell us why we are here already.” Onew said impatiently, all he wanted was to eat and go back to their room to sleep and let this awful day pass.

Soo-Man looked at him for a moment, giving threats in his eyes. “Very well, the sooner we get his over with, the sooner I can get you out of my sight.” The guards returned from the kitchen with bowls of food, placing one in front of each person sat at the table. Soo-Man gave them permission to eat as he reached his arm out to the side, signalling a guard to place something in his hand.

The idols quickly ate, especially SHINee who were certain that it would be their only food for a while. Jonghyun slowly ate the food, keeping his eyes on Key. While Soo-Man unfolded the newspaper that he was given, and everyone was busy with eating, Key looked up and smiled at Jonghyun, giving him encouragement to carry on acting.

“Yah Jonghyun...” Key quickly put his head down as Soo-Man looked up from the paper. “Are you drinking as I told you to do? Hydration is very important. I’m doing this for your own good.” Jonghyun answered by putting down his chopsticks and taking a gulp of the water that Key had secretly diluted.

“Sorry Appa, I’ll drink more like you said.” Jonghyun faked a cough to keep up the act, earning a smile from Soo-Man. “What’s the news paper for?”

Everyone looked at the older male in curiosity. “This is what I wanted to show you all. I decided to announce TVXQ’s little lawsuit to the press, just to make sure it’s heard about worldwide.” Soo-Man smirked and skimmed through the text.

“This wasn’t part of the deal!” Changmin shouted in protest, but Soo-Man ignored him and carried on reading.

Jaejoong sighed in frustration and put his chopsticks down, suddenly not feeling hungry. “Why must you put this in the spotlight? The press won’t leave us alone after the trial!”

“What if we say something we shouldn’t by mistake?” Junsu looked at the SHINee members, suddenly regretting what he asked.

“I think you know the answer to that question.” Soo-Man took a sip of his drink before reading the article. “SM has hit rock bottom, not only have the recent scandals caused them to stop artists’ contracts, but now they are due to arrive in court in 2 days time, accused of mistreatment to all artists held by the five past and present TVXQ duo members. It is rumoured that they will be joined by former owner of the company Lee Soo-Man, who was fired 5 years ago due to a lawsuit. No further details have been given, but it is expected that press will be waiting at the courthouse to find out the results. With no funding for SM to hire a decent lawyer, it looks like their luck has ran out.”

Everyone looked in silence, no one knew what to say, Soo-Man had it all worked out. Minho looked to the side, biting his lip as he thought for a second. “What about us? The press are going to find it weird that we have just gone missing!”

Soo-Man smiled as he refused to be caught out. “Let me finish Minho.” Taemin sank into his chair, fearing what Soo-Man had reported about them. “In addition to this, we have had reports that one of the final two bands SHINee sent a letter to the company, breaking their contract. We tried to get an interview with them, but they have already left with no clue of where they relocated to.”

“That’s not true! We stayed at a hotel after you took Onew hyung, the staff saw us!” Taemin smiled and pointed at Soo-Man, who looked at him with no sign of shock. Taemin’s confidence quickly vanished.

“Y-you...” Key sighed as he soon realised that the staff worked for the despicable man. “They also worked for you, didn’t’ they?”

Soo-Man nodded and laughed as everyone fell into depression. “I spared no leeway of this plan. Everything is taken care of. You’re not going anywhere.” Jonghyun felt even more stupid now, he had been tricked throughout the whole ordeal. What a fool he must have looked to Soo-Man. “Tomorrow, I’ll be making sure that the facts are stored in your head for the trial, so don’t disappoint me!” The TVXQ members bowed their heads, not like they could rebel against him. “SHINee will clean again, like they will be doing for the rest of their lives.”


The meal dragged on, no one dared to speak a word until Soo-Man gave them permission. After half an hour the meals were all finished. Soo-Man looked over to his guards. “Take everyone to their rooms. I want them up at 7 and ready for breakfast at 7:30.” The guards nodded and pulled the nine members up by their arms, they didn’t protest and allowed to be handled in such a rough manner.

“Everyone out but Key.” Jonghyun spoke up, earning glares from the TVXQ members who were still unaware of the situation with Jonghyun. “I want to talk to him alone. Prove that I’m not like I used to be.”

Jaejoong tried to make a break out of the guard’s grasp, wanting to send his fist into Jonghyun’s face for even thinking about hurting Key again. “CAN’T YOU JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU SON OF A ?” Soo-Man quickly walked to the struggling member, sending a quick jab in Jaejoong’s stomach to weaken him. Jaejoong gasped from pain and shock, almost falling to his knees in agony.

“JAEJOONG-AH, ARE YOU OK?” Yunho tried to get to Jaejoong to comfort him, but the guard just pulled them out of the room, leaving Jonghyun with Key.

Soo-Man turned and looked at Jonghyun, who stared blankly at him. “Well aren’t you going to talk with Key?” Soo-Man made a fist, showing Jonghyun what he meant by ‘talking’ with him. Jonghyun felt his stomach clench up, he wasn’t expecting his Appa to stay for the talk. He secretly wanted to comfort and thank Key for his help, not beat him up. “Don’t tell me you’ve changed your mind.”

Jonghyun looked away from his Appa and at Key, who gave a little nod, telling him to carry on with the act. “I’m sorry Key...” Jonghyun mouthed a sincere apology before raising his fist. Key yelped in shock as he fell backwards onto the cold wooden floor. His hand found its way to his noise, wiping it as blood began to drip out. Key’s eyes began to water, not because of the pain Jonghyun was giving him, but because he was being forced to do so. “Key I’m sorry...”

Key didn’t say anything verbally, but reassured Jonghyun with his eyes that he was ok. Just a few more days, then they could escape from his hell.


Going to Manchester for the weekend, so no update until Sunday. Sorry X