Taking On The News

The Lawsuit (Story On Hold)

“Jaejoong hyung! Hurry up already!” Junsu was waiting downstairs messing with the car keys, tossing them around in his hand anxiously while Yoochun kept looking at his phone for updates on the SM scandals.

“Aish. How is it that he’s the one who suggested going to see them yet is the last one ready?” Yoochun put his phone in his pocket and rested his head against the wall behind him. The two waited for another 2 minutes before Junsu began to lose his temper. “If this guy doesn’t get his down here right now we are driving off without him!” He marched over to the bottom of the stairs and called up to his hyung. “YAH JAEJOONG HYUNG! YOU HEAR THAT? GET DOWN HERE YOU HEAR ME!?”

They both knew exactly what was taking Jaejoong so long. As soon as he heard about the contracts being put on hold and the world tour being cancelled Jaejoong couldn’t have grabbed his phone fast enough to call his former band members. A pause in the contracts meant free time for TVXQ, and free time for TVXQ means he could see Yunho again, and to see Yunho again after all these years meant the whole world to Jaejoong.

“Just wait a little longer Junsu.” Yoochun sighed and swiped his hand towards Junsu catching the car keys in the process. “He’s just taking longer to make sure he looks perfect for his boyfriend!” The two broke into fits of giggles acting how their young fans react when they see JYJ on the street.

“YAH! He’s not my boyfriend! Quit with the YunJae crap!” Jaejoong’s voice got louder as he appeared at the top of the stairs in a casual white shirt with a black leather jacket on top, smart dark blue jeans and white trainers. His dark blonde/brown hair was perfectly combed in the “Prince Jaejoong” style that he was very well known for with not a strand out of place.

“You look fine hyung can we just get going? We want to see them as much as you do right now!” Junsu rolled his eyes as Jaejoong quickly brushed his jacket with his hands. “It’s not like we’re meeting the freaking queen of England hyung!”

“At least I made an effort to look nice for them! You guys even copied each other’s hair for crying out loud!” Jaejoong pointed at the younger members who sheepishly looked at each other. Junsu’s hair was spiked up fairly high while Yoochun’s only had a hint of spikiness to it.

“You style your hair how we like and we will do ours in the way we like hyung.” Yoochun scoffed as Jaejoong walked out the front door and did a little speed walk to the car.

“Yeah, besides so what if Yoochun takes after my style? I’m just such a good role model in the hair department!” Junsu joked as he walked out of the house also earning a playful shove from Yoochun who locked the door and walked to the car. Excitement flew around the three as they spoke about seeing their friends again. Nothing could ruin this moment right now.


No thanks to Jonghyun’s tickle attack Key had finally unpacked Taemin’s bags wand was in the kitchen cooking some chicken and ramen from scratch. He knew as well as anyone that Onew couldn’t turn down chicken. He took to chicken like a cat did to catnip. “I set the table umma!” Taemin skipped into the kitchen and put his head on Key’s shoulder.

To Taemin Key was his mother away from his real mother. Anytime he needed someone to comfort him, buy him something, or to do his chores for him it was always Key that he would turn to. He accidently called him umma a few months after taking part in the show “Hello Baby” but it seemed so natural and Key didn’t seem to care so it stuck. It actually felt that they were closer with the family nicknames they gave each other. Key was the caring diva umma, Jonghyun was the fun appa, Taemin was the cute baby, Minho was the charismatic (and sometimes moody) teenager, and Onew was the clumsy uncle.

“Thank you sweetie, now get away from the cooker before you burn yourself.” Key Taemin’s soft dark blonde hair and smiled when his little maknae beamed his adorable face at him.

“Can I help you make the ramen?” Taemin was already peering over the pot of noodles holding some peas to put in. He loved it when he helped Key to cook. It made him feel independent.

“Ok be careful when you take the lid off and don’t put in all the peas just a few ok?” Key turned around to check on the chicken that was slowly roasting in the oven. He heard the sound of a glass bowl carefully being placed on the counter and looked around to see the pot of ramen that was now hidden by a huge mountain of peas. “YAH! TEAMIN I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT THEM ALL IN!” Key sighed and face palmed himself. What was he to do with that kid?


After the ramen was saved and the chicken had cooled down Key called everyone to the table. Needless to say as soon as Onew’s nose caught the delicious smell of chicken he was first at the table. Jonghyun and Minho were next to the table and eyed the homemade ramen. “It looks amazing Key!” Jonghyun give his cute puppy smile to Key who sat down and started to serve the ramen.

“Where’s Taemin? I thought he was making it with you?” Onew looked around as if he had third sense and caught Taemin who walked down the stairs towards the door in a red hoodie, a pair of jeans and a new pair of red converse trainers.

“Where are you going Minnie?” Minho asked as the younger didn’t stop walking.

“Just for a walk to get some air...” The maknae bluntly answered, disappointment from the cancelled tour was obviously still on his mind.

“Don’t you want to eat something first Tae?” As the band’s appa Jonghyun wanted the best for his Taemin.

“No thanks hyung. It’s got a strong pea taste anyway...” Taemin put on a pair or large rimmed sunglasses, closed the door behind him and walked in the direction of town.

“Oh that’s charming Key... I know you’re upset and all but I don’t think poisoning the ramen is a good way to express it” Jonghyun joked misusing the word “pea”.

“I’m not really hungry...” Onew put down his chopsticks and headed for the stairs not showing any other emotion but sadness.

“Hyung I was kidding! I meant the vegetable pea, not the other thing!” Jonghyun called to Onew who was already upstairs. His head sunk down and he scratched the back of his head, slightly messing up his white blonde hair.

“I’m going to my room.” Minho stood up and walked to his room not looking at Key or Jonghyun that were left alone at the dinner table.

“Sorry about the food Key. I was only joking...” Jonghyun reached out and took Key’s hand as the blonde umma did one of his diva sighs and looked into an empty space in front of him.

“It’s ok Jonggie... I should have expected that no one would want to eat at a time like this.” Key got up and picked up the plate of chicken. “I just can’t believe Onew turned away from chicken...” Key looked at Jonghyun in confusion.

“Maybe it’s because Taemin helped you?” Jonghyun joked again and gave Key his puppy look. “I’ll eat the ramen at least as you made it.” Key smiled in approval and walked into the kitchen as Jonghyun took a mouthful of ramen but almost choked when trying to swallow it when his body refused to allow the strong pea tasting soup to travel down his throat. “Yep it was definitely because Taemin helped!” Jonghyun gasped for air.