Chapter 12: Academy Life

My Boyfriend is My Idol

It hit me. She was the girl singing in Corner Nook. Oh God, she really is my butterfly. Could it be more of a sign that she really is the one? But I still feel that tug in my heart whenever I see Bom. She has once been my other half. We've been best buddies then lovers until she opted to let go to pursue a career in the land of stars and stripes.

Flashback...

"Ji, please, just wait for me. I really need to do this. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"Bom, we can go there together. It'll just a matter of when it will be. Don't you like us to be always together?"

"Ji, sometimes we have to grow separately. It is not possible for us to always be together."

"Why not? We are two peas in a pod. We complement each other."

"But I really want to do this Ji. If I have to choose, my answer is obvious. We still have a lot of time ahead of us."

"No we don't. I just can't believe you will choose your career over me."

I desperately wanted her to rebuke me in my conclusion but she said nothing. Was i wrong in wanting us to be growing together in life, love and career? It is not as if I wanted her to give up everything for me. Of course I wanted her to pursue her dreams but not her choosing her career over our relationship. It took me a long while to move on from that painful experience. Now she's back and left behind a stellar career where she is climbing the ladder of fame and success in Hollywood. Now she's here as a trainee. Why?

-------------------------------

"Ssabunim, I'm done with my morning routine. May I go now? I have to meet my dance trainer in an hour. I would like to have breakfast first."

"Of course Dara-sshi. That's good. You are keeping up with your exercise and diet. You'll build up your endurance in no time at all."

"Thanks ssabunim. See you tomorrow."

Sssabunim is such a slave driver when it comes to our fitness routines. Oh well, it's for our own good really. I'm slowly having toned muscles and I can endure longer hours in training especially in dancing. I am being trained solo. Thinking back to that first day, I don't know where I got the confidence to perform. I just felt challenged when Bom  sang and it seemed like she was singing to my boyfriend alone. A girl gotta do what she's gotta do to keep her boyfriend, a boyfriend who I happen to miss a lot as I haven't spent time with him since I got here. He is busy and Big Bang is going on a World Tour. I am also busy because aside from my training hours for singing, dancing and media relations, I'm also going to school. Yep, that's right. I am a a student at Seoul National University in the College of Music. I enrolled in Vocal Music. I have only 3 courses right now as I can't do full-time study:  vocal major, chorus and French Diction 1. It is a good thing that YG-sajanggnim arranged for me to have my classes scheduled in the afternoons all week and an all-day saturday class.

To be honest, I'm tired of just seeing only my trainers at YG, Ssabunim and my teachers and classmates at university. It's a treat for me if I get to train with Minzy, CL and Bom for some dance routines. I feel uncomfortable around Bom though she seems like a kind person. I don't know why, but my alarm sensor is up around her. But Minzy, she's like a younger sister to me. She's one hell of a dancer. CL is also nice. Oh well, more than nice actually. We have our thing where we talk in French when we make funny remarks about someone in the room. Oui! We just giggle to ourselves and everyone in the room will be looking at us weirdly. They must think we have gone loco! LMAO! Good thing I learned French as an advance elective course in high school because I had extra time. But it would be jackpot if I can spend time with Ji-oppa which is very rare nowadays. I can only watch him in TV. Being in YG does not translate to being with oppa.

Pingggg!

@IBGDRGN: @followingGD have you eaten your breakfast?

@followingGD: @IBGDRGN Kyaah oppa. Annyeong! I'm in YG Academy right now. I'm on my way to the cafeteria for breakfast.

@IBGDRGN: @followingGD I'm at the Academy too. Wait for me. Let's have breakfast together.

@followingGD: @IBGDRGN Palli oppa. I have dance practice in an hour.

Yey! Finally, I'll be spending some time with oppa. Only the BigBang members know about the two of us and Sajaggnim too. Oppa said that  no one can keep a secret from sajanggnim.

Flashback: 1st day in YG....

"Hey, you look familiar." Seungri loudly commented while pointing at me.

"Shushhh..." Ji-oppa shushed Seungri.

I am gently twisting my fingers. I was standing in a corner when Ji-oppa along with the rest of BigBang walk towards me.

"Maknae, will you please shut your mouth for a moment or I'll exclude you from hearing my announcement."

"What announcement hyung?"

"Will you please lower your voice. Everyone is looking at us."

"Hey maknae, shut up!" TOP butted in, in his serious and deep voice.

I'm about to swoon. All of BigBang is in front of me. FANGIRL ALERT!!!

"Hey, are you ok? You look pale." Ji-oppa suddenly grabbed my arm.

"I'm ok oppa. Just overwhelmed, I guess."

I saw Dae cover his mouth to chuckle. Omo, he's so cute. He has such tiny eyes that close when he laughs.

"Guys, don't be shocked with my news, arasso?! As you all heard, she is Sandara Park. But what I want you to know is, she is my girlfriend."

It was a good thing that Ji-oppa warned them beforehand. They were all gaping at me. YB even covered Seungri's mouth which he shoved away.

"You are the girl on hyung's cellphone." Seungri loudly said again.

"You pup, haven't I told you to lower your voice?"

Ji-oppa suddenly jumped at him. Sheesh, they are both so childish.

"Hey stop it you two. Everyone is starting to look over here." TOP said in a voice that brook no argument.

YB suddenly holds out his hand, "Hi, I'm Dong YoungBae. Glad to meet you at last. I knew something is different about him. He waited for you for a long time. Please take care of him."

All of them shook my hand but I saw them glancing back at that girl Bom, then to Ji-oppa then back at me.

"Dara, we will greet the other trainees as well ok." he whispered to me as they started to move on to talk with Chaerin.

Present...

I was jolted out of my reminiscing when I bumped into someone.

"Oooops, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking to where I'm going."

"Hey Dara, are you heading to the cafeteria too? Let's eat together."

It was Lee DongHae. He's a cute guy. He is in the general training program. There is no final plan for him yet but there are talks that he will be in the next boy group.

"Erm, you can go ahead. I'm waiting for a phone call."

"I can wait. It's not all the time that we can eat together like this."

Omo, what should I do? I can't well say that I'm waiting for Ji-oppa.

"Hey guys, both of you are heading to the cafeteria right? C'mon, let's all eat."

I sighed with relief. Ji-oppa came to the rescue.

"Sunbae, annyeong." Hae greeted him.

I got a hefty amount of oat porridge, a galss of OJ and some slices of ham.

"Here you go, eat this up."

Ji-oppa place a large, red apple onto my food tray while biting on his own.

"Sorry dude, I only have a couple with me." He turned to Hae who is following us.

"It's ok sunbaenim. I got a banana from the counter."

With Hae around,  we cannot talk privately. Can I just stare at my boyfriend forever?

"Dara, eat up your breakfats now. You have 30 minutes left before your practice."

"Oh yes. Omo, what has gotten into me. Bless this food Lord and thank you for this day!"

I started eating fast that I almost choked on my food.

"Here." Both Ji-oppa and Hae offered me their glasses of water.

"Thanks!" But I grabbed my OJ. I suddenly feel hot and I must be blushing to the roots of my hair. Ji-oppa is smirking. Will he stop that?

"Dara, Sunbae, I'll go ahed." Hae bowed to us and ran out of the cafeteria.

"Looks like someone has an admirer." Oppa is pouting.

"Is it you?" I .

"It's that boy, pabo!"

"What?! DongHae? Why would you say that? He's just being friendly."

"Friendly...Ha! He almost burned with embarrassment when he offered you his glass of water."

"I'm sure he was just being gentlemanly."

"Well, he better keep his hands to himself then."

"Oppa, are you jelous?"

"Jelous?! of course not. I know you love me." his voice lowered down a bit with that declaration.

"...and I know you love me too, oppa."

"Pabo, let's not get carried away here. More people are coming in."

"Oppa, I gotta run. I'm late and it's your fault."

"Lol! Ok run ahead now. But hey, can you come over YG-hyung's office later, after your afternoon training? We need to discuss something."

"What about?"

"Later baby girl. You're aleady late."

"Aigoo! Bye! ailee!"

"Ailee too!"

We made a code for saying I love you to each other in public. Ailee (ILY) Lol! I was grinning as I run fast towards my practice room. I wonder what we have to talk about later.

--------------------------

Writer's note:

Mianhe everyone for the late update. Please comment on the story, arasso?! Sarang you all!