3/3

Sudden Spark

 

Sehun has already been betrayed for a couple of times already. He still remembers the first friend he made during his kindergarten years. As far as he can remember, the kid’s name was Huang Zitao. They were best friends back then. They shared food together, even talked about silly random things and other stuff. Things suddenly changed when Zitao found a new friend named Baekhyun. Sehun was instantly left behind.

Another incident was when he decided to join the dance club during his 1st year in high school. They were practicing very hard for a contest their team signed up for. The club members always cheered for Sehun. They even told him a bunch of times that he was going to be the main dancer for their production number. Sehun was beyond surprised when Zhang Yixing, another excellent dancer from the team, took his place. Sehun felt like he was a kid whose lollipop has been harshly snatched.

He doesn’t know what to feel. He isn’t even sure if he’s supposed to feel anything right now. Everything seems to hurt. Every single part of him ing hurts. Of all people, why does it have to be them?

Kris is the only person Sehun can lean to. Kris is the only person who completely understands him the most. Kris patiently teaches him whenever he doesn’t understand a lesson from school.  Kris also defends him whenever he gets caught by their parents going home late from a party. Kris has always been there for him even though the older man practically yells at him every day for being such a whiny brat. Now he couldn’t seem to find any reason why his brother decided to snatch the lollipop he has been dying to have.

Kyungsoo isn’t just someone Sehun met a few months ago. He honestly admits that it was the older male’s cuteness that has first gotten into him. Kyungsoo possesses something indescribable which other guys don’t seem to have. He has this charm that pulls you deeper into the trap. In Sehun’s case, he finds himself stuck and the possibility of finding a way out is unfortunately low. Really really low.

Sehun wants to scream his heart out. He even wants to punch his older brother’s face for stealing what’s supposed to be his. There are many questions running through his mind at the moment but he couldn’t seem to voice out any of it. He pushes himself to say something but he only manages to breathe out a painful why? He waits for an answer yet he isn’t given any single response. Kyungsoo and Kris just continuously stare at each other, confusion plastered on their faces. They make it seem like they don’t have any idea what has just happened, Sehun thinks.

Sehun waits but still, no single word has been said. That’s why he decides to run away, giving his feet the opportunity to lead him somewhere far. At least far from the two.

He finds himself sitting on a bench as he lets the tears fall down on his cheeks.

Another thing about Sehun is that he rarely cries. He only does so whenever he couldn’t find anything to make him feel a little better. Normally, he’d call his brother up to ask for comfort when a problem comes up. Sehun thinks that that option isn’t going to work most especially if that person is one of the reasons why he’s emotionally suffering right now.

Sehun lets himself eaten by his thoughts until he notices a figure standing in front of him. He regrets looking up for he’s met with a panting Kris, worried etched on his face.

Wiping the tears from his face, Sehun stands up as he prepares to leave. Too late, since Kris already grabs his wrist to hold him back. “We need to talk.”

“What’s there to talk about?” Sehun huffs. “I guess it’s pretty clear that you stole what’s supposed to be mine.”

Kris sighs, loosening his grip around the younger boy’s wrist. “Look, just let me explain okay? Please.”

“I don’t have all the time. Make it quick.” Sehun says as he sits back on the bench.

“What you saw a while ago was just an accident.” Sehun looks like he’s about to cut him off so Kris quickly continues. “Kyungsoo and I aren’t in a romantic relationship. We aren’t even dating. I know what you feel about him and I completely respect that. Just think about it. Why would I hit on someone my brother obviously likes? I may be dumb at times, Sehun. But I’m not that dumb.”

Sehun doesn’t look a bit convinced. “That doesn’t answer why you guys kissed.”

The taller man runs a hand over his face as he tries to find words that would explain why that happened. To be completely honest, Kris doesn’t know either. “I – I don’t know. The atmosphere just felt so right, I – I didn’t know why I leaned in and – “

“You like him.” Sehun replies, hurt evident in his voice. He stands up as he prepares to leave but not before finishing the conversation with words that will definitely hunt Kris as he tries to sleep later tonight. “You’ve always been the matured one, even the perfect son. I’ve always been the useless brat, giving you guys nothing but stress. You almost have everything yet you still get the reward. I still don’t get why you didn’t let me win this time.”

Kris isn’t sure if he’s going to get any sleep at all.

 

**

 

Things between Kyungsoo and Kris suddenly become awkward after that. Kris always asks somebody to give the younger male the things he needed to do. Kyungsoo is contented with that set up since he doesn’t have the guts to face his boss after the kiss. 

Kyungsoo thinks of talking to Sehun but he doesn’t know what to explain. Why does he even need to explain anything? They aren’t in a relationship so it shouldn’t bother him, right? But the guilt is eating him up. He knows that he has hurt the younger too much and the latter definitely doesn’t deserve that.

That’s why he finds himself waiting outside Sehun’s university. He has gathered enough courage to talk to the other after spending a few hours contemplating with his own self.

A few minutes more of waiting until Sehun, together with two other boys, finally step outside the campus laughing and playfully hitting each other. The younger male quickly meets Kyungsoo’s eyes and his expression suddenly turns into a sour one. Sehun motions for his friends to go ahead first as he walks towards Kyungsoo’s direction.

Sehun leads Kyungsoo to the nearest coffee shop. They sit down in silence as awkwardness fills the atmosphere. Kyungsoo finally musters the courage to speak first as he slowly tilts his head upwards to meet Sehun’s eyes.

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo starts as he fiddles with his fingers nervously on his lap. “I’m sorry for causing you too much pain for the past few weeks. I didn’t mean it, Sehun. I never intended to hurt you. I - ”

Sehun harshly cuts the other off. “You’re apologizing for having a relationship with my brother? Was that the reason why you didn’t give me any chance at all?”

Hurt from the choice of words, Kyungsoo’s lips are starting to tremble as he forces himself to reply. “I – I’m not forcing you to believe me since you witnessed a scene which shouldn’t have happened in the first place. But I’m honestly telling you that Kris and I are nothing but friends who happen to work together inside the company. That kiss was an accident. I – it shouldn’t have happened. It wasn’t supposed to happen.”

Sehun might not be the brightest among all the crayons but he knows better. Judging from Kyungsoo’s hesitant tone when he blurted out the last sentences, the petite male has certainly developed feelings towards his brother. The fact that the feelings between the two are mutual is already enough for Sehun’s heart to crumble into pieces.

Kyungsoo waits for Sehun to respond but it seems like he wouldn’t get a reply anytime soon so he decides to continue. “You’re a really nice guy, Sehun. I would’ve definitely dated you if things were quite different.  You don’t even know how much I feel so bad turning down someone as precious as you. But I believe that you deserve someone better, someone who’s willing to return your feelings and someone who’s definitely as good as you. Trust me, Sehun. As much as I want to, I just couldn’t. You’re better off with someone else and I’m sure you’ll eventually find the right one.”

And just like that, Sehun suddenly feels a little better.

 

**

 

Kris hasn’t been getting enough sleep for the past couple of days and he’s sure that it isn’t only because of Sehun’s obvious hatred for him but also because he and Kyungsoo are still avoiding each other like plague. Kris doesn’t want to admit it but he’s ing going crazy. It has only been a few days but he feels like exploding. He wants to watch movies with Kyungsoo who usually sits comfortably beside him on the couch. He wants talk to him about random stuff until one of them falls asleep. He’s dying to hear the other male’s heavenly smooth voice. No words can describe how much he misses Kyungsoo.

Kris suddenly feels so stupid for not doing anything. Instead of moping around, he should’ve done some effort to talk to the other. Now that he realizes that the situation’s not getting any better, he finally decides to make a move. That’s why he’s now rushing to find Kyungsoo and when he finally does so, he quickly grabs the petite male’s wrist and drags him into the car. 

“What are you doing?!” Kyungsoo yells as he tries to pry his hand away from the taller man’s grip.

Kris doesn’t make a move on loosening his grip around the other man's wrist. Instead, he opens the door to the passenger seat. “Get in the car.”

“And why would I?! Let me go!” Kyungsoo once again tries to get away from the other but unfortunately fails for the second time.

“Get inside or I’ll kiss the life out of you. Choose.” Kris threatens as he tries his best to keep a poker face. The other’s expression instantly turns into a softer one as he finally gets himself inside the car. Kris follows as he makes his way towards the other side.

The car ride is indeed silent. Kyungsoo doesn’t dare to utter a single word for he is afraid that Kris’ might do something that will make his heart nearly jump off of his chest. He decides to zip his mouth shut until the older finally pulls over in front of his apartment. Not knowing what to do, he settles to following the other inside.

The silence is killing Kyungsoo. He doesn’t know what to expect of Kris’ sudden behavior. He wants to speak but he’s still scared to do so. He’s standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room until he hears the other softly calling his name. Seriously, what’s with the bipolar attitude?

They sit beside each other, not knowing what say. Kyungsoo steals a quick look at the other male beside him as he realizes how bad Kris looks. Eye bags are found under his eyes and he looks so pale. Despite of the restless look his boss has, Kris still looks as handsome as ever.

Noticing the look the other is giving him, Kris intentionally coughs to get his attention. The doe-eyed male quickly averts his gaze away from Kris.

“Can we just go back to the way we were before?”

Kyungsoo is astounded to hear the other speak in a tone similar to a little kid asking his parents for forgiveness for spilling the milk on the carpet.

“W – what?” Kyungsoo dumbly replies as he refuses to meet the other’s eyes for he’s afraid that he’d melt.  

“It’s killing me.” Kris nervously replies. “Uh, not being able to talk to you. I can’t stand it.” The older says as his fingers start to shake uncontrollably. He’s so ing nervous.

Kyungsoo knows he shouldn’t be smiling in this kind of situation but he just couldn’t help it, especially if he finds Kris acting like a love stricken puppy.  He quickly removes the silly smile away from his face as he regains himself back to his senses.

“That night... the kiss. D – did it mean something to you?”  Kyungsoo asks as he feels his palms sweating from nervousness.

“It means everything to me.” Kris responds without any hesitation.

Surprised by the straight-forward answer, Kyungsoo suddenly has the urge to kiss the other.

And so he does.

The kiss starts with soft innocent pecks until Kris decides to bite Kyungsoo’s lower lip. The kiss then turns into a heated one as the former’s tongue makes his way inside the latter’s mouth. They let their tongues roam around every corner of the other’s mouth as Kyungsoo’s hands make its way around the taller’s neck. Kris responds by putting his left hand on Kyungsoo’s side while the other slowly goes inside his shirt.

That’s when a sudden voice in Kris’ head tells him stop.

And so he does.

Disappointed with the lack of contact, Kyungsoo looks at Kris with a confused and hurt expression. “W – why did you stop?”

Kris runs a hand over his face, feeling devastated. “No, this is wrong. We shouldn’t be doing this. We’re just going to hurt him more than he already is.”

Understanding what the other meant by his words, Kyungsoo stands up as he prepares to leave. “I get it, I’m sorry. I guess I should get going, sir. See you at the office.”

Kyungsoo misses the tear that escapes Kris’ eye.

 

**

 

Sehun glances at his watch for the 10th time already. Kris was supposed to be already up an hour ago. Is he still sleeping? Is he even home? Sehun is standing up outside Kris’ apartment as he waits for the other to come out. He doesn’t even need to wait since he has a card to unlock the door but he decides that he doesn’t want to do that. Not now.

Another hour has passed and Kris is still not coming out so Sehun decides to use the card already. What greets him when he steps inside is the strong smell of alcohol. He looks for a sign of his brother in the living room but there’s nothing so he instantly proceeds to the bedroom. There he finds Kris lying with his back on the bed, shirtless. Bottles of wine are scattered around the floor so he decides to pick them up first before attending to his brother.

Sehun nudges Kris to wake him up but he only gets a grunt in response. If this doesn’t work, then he’d go for the most effective way to wake a drunken man up.

Kris surprisedly sits up the moment he feels cold liquid on his face. He’s about to yell at the person at fault but instantly stops when he sees Sehun standing up in front of him, arms crossed above his chest.

“S – Sehun.”

“You know, it was hard to pick those bottles up. You should pay me for that.” Sehun replies as he takes a seat on the edge of his brother’s bed.

“Aren’t you supposed to be mad?” Kris hesitantly asks. He doesn’t get it. The last time he checked, Sehun is still angry at him so what’s with the sudden change of mood?

“Let me get this straight to the point.” Sehun starts. “You ed up, okay. We both know that. But I realized how much of I I’ve been and I’m sorry for that. I should’ve just accepted that Kyungsoo hyung doesn’t and will never see me in that way. I’m also apologizing for the harsh words I said. I just got carried away and I wasn’t able to help it. Kyungsoo hyung’s so important to me that I couldn’t imagine him to be together with any other man, even you my brother. But thinking about it, you deserve him more than I do. So long story short, you hurt him and I’ll cut your off. I don’t care if you’re my older brother. Just please take care of him.”

It takes a few minutes for Kris to process the things Sehun has just said. When he finally does so, he hugs the living daylights out of his brother. “Thank you, Sehun-ah. I definitely will.”

 

**

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t feel like going to work today especially when he should act normally in front of Kris, like nothing ever happened between them. He decides to go since there’s probably a lot more coming his way, he can never escape from this.

So he finds himself standing in front of Kris’ office as he tries to act as normally as he can. Breathing deeply, he knocks on the door and slowly opens it afterwards only to find the room empty. He carefully steps inside, looking around if anybody is even there.

He almost screams when he feels a pair of hands wrapped around his waist as he’s met with his boss’ face. Before he even has the chance to push the hands away, the taller guy already has him pinned in between his two strong arms, his back pushed against the wall.

“What the hell are you trying to do? Are you going to kiss me again and tell me how wrong it is right after?!” Kyungsoo tries his best to lower down his voice since he can’t afford to let his co-workers hear what’s about to come out of his mouth.  

Kris starts by pecking him slightly on the lips. “It feels so right.”

Surprised by the action, Kyungsoo gently pushes Kris away even though he knows he would probably fail. “P – please. Don’t play with my feelings.”

“I don’t intend to.” Kris brings his hands up to cup Kyungsoo’s cheeks. “But really, I’m sorry. It was of a move to say that kissing you was wrong when it actually feels so right.”

“B – but how about, Sehun?” Kyungsoo nervously asks as he holds the hands cupping his cheeks.

“You don’t have anything to worry about that, trust me. Everything’s okay now.” Kris gives the petite male the most sincere smile he could ever give as the other shyly returns it back.

“I love you.”

Kyungsoo’s face suddenly turns as red as a tomato but that doesn’t stop him from responding with an “I love you too.”

 

**

 

Kyungsoo decides to resign from being Kris’ secretary. Kris insists that it’s okay to keep their relationship inside the company as long as they set their limits but the other doesn’t want that. Kyungsoo doesn’t want to go to work every day dealing with that fact that he’s dating his boss. So he instantly asked his cousin to take over his job right after the moment he told Kris about his resignation.

“He’s 30 minutes late – “

“Sssh.” Kyungsoo cuts his boyfriend off by pressing a soft kiss against his lips. That effectively shuts Kris up.

A few minutes later when the door suddenly yanks open. They don’t need to look up to know who has just arrived. Of course, it’s Sehun. Who else, right?

That doesn’t stop Kyungsoo from standing up from Kris’ lap though. He coughs awkwardly as he straightens his buttoned up shirt.

Sehun just chuckles as he walks towards the two. “It’s okay, hyung.” And he flashes one of his smiles, a smile that is undeniably a real one.

Sehun plops himself down on a seat, plugging his earphones in. He lets music take him away as he bangs his head, feeling the beat. Moments later, he shoots up from his seat when he suddenly feels a sharp nudge on his left shoulder. He pulls the earphones out as he glares at his brother who’s currently pointing something with his lips. He snaps his head towards the direction and he feels his jaw drop.

Déjà vu.

He’s met with the most beautiful face he has ever seen. The man has his doe eyes blinking innocently at him with a shy smile perfectly pasted on his kissable lips. Sehun once thought that Kyungsoo’s the most adorable being he has ever laid eyes on. This pretty man in front of him proves him wrong.

The beautiful man extends his hand for a handshake and politely introduces himself. “I’m Luhan, Kyungsoo’s cousin and your brother’s new secretary.”

Kris nudges Sehun lightly on the shoulder as he whispers. “You’re supposed to shake his hand, idiot.”

“It would also be good if he gets a name back.” Kyungsoo continues with a teasing tone.

Clearing his throat, Sehun grabs Luhan’s extended hand to shake. “I’m Sehun, Kris hyung’s younger brother.”

Sehun almost pulls his hand back when he feels a sudden spark the moment his fingertips made contact with Luhan’s.

Sehun feels his heart beating again.

 


 

FINALLY DONE OMG 

3K+ WORDS FOR THE LAST PART.

SURPRISE SURPRISE THERE'S HUNHAN.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUBSCRIBED AND COMMENTED. I DIDN'T EXPECT FOR THIS FIC TO REACH 30+ SUBS, SERIOUSLY. I KNOW IT'S ONLY A FEW FOR SOME BUT IT DEFINITELY MEANS A LOT TO ME SO THANK YOU SO MUCH.

SORRY FOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING MISTAKES. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED AT THE BEGINNING, RIGHT? LOL.

ANYWHO, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS FIC HAS SATISFIED YOU GUYS ENOUGH BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED EVEN JUST A BIT. 

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. XOXO <3

PS: I'LL FINALLY BE SEEING KIM ING JONGIN ON SATURDAY LAKSFASHFAALDFA CAN YOU GUYS HEAR ME SCREAMING AND KAISOO OMG MY FREAKING ULTIMATE OTP. I'M CRYING. oops no one cares lol