2/3

Sudden Spark

 

Sehun rarely visits Kris in the office. He only has one reason in mind whenever he does so: to bother and to annoy the hell out of the older. Don't get me wrong, they are really pretty close. Let's just say that it's kind of normal for Sehun to act that way since he's four years younger than the other. In short, he's one of those whiny teenage brats. Despite of this annoyingly (for kris) childish behavior, Sehun still knows how to be matured whenever the situation requires him to be. 

So when he decided to bother Kris on that fateful day, he didn't expect to meet an epitome of pure and natural cuteness. He didn't expect to see an older man trapped inside a petite body. (He quickly asked who that cutie pie is the moment Kris pushed him out of the office) 

Sehun then decides to add another reason why he would want to visit his brother's office more often: to see Do Kyungsoo. 

 

**


Kyungsoo still couldn't bring himself to digest the fact that Kris and Sehun are biological brothers. Yes, he admits that both are surprisingly good-looking but they are obviously two different people. It has already been a month since he first started working as Kris' secretary. In a short span of time, he was able to notice the differences between the two. Not that he's paying too much attention on the two guys, Kyungsoo just happens to be a little observant. While Kris acts like he knows everything, Sehun seems to need to learn more about the things going on around him. Maybe because of the ? Kyungsoo doesn't know. He also doesn't have any idea why did he let Sehun drag him in a nearby coffee shop the moment his break came.

Kyungsoo doesn't realize he's already thinking too much until a hand waves frantically in front of his face. 

"You're spacing out, hyung."

The doe-eyed male quickly goes back to his senses as he sits up straight. "Oh. Um sorry. I was just thinking."

Sehun quirks up an eyebrow as curiousity hits him. "Thinking about what?"

Noticing the look the younger is currently giving him, Kyungsoo tries to act as normal as possible. "I was just thinking of the things I have to accomplish by the end of the day. Are there any other things to think of?"

Unfortunately for Kyungsoo, Sehun doesn't look convinced. He raises his eyebrow more as if that would help get real answers from the older. "Hmm. Family? Friends? Hm what else?" Sehun pauses as Kyungsoo gets a hold of his caramel frappe to take a sip. "Boyfriend?"

Kyungsoo almost chokes on his drink. How did Sehun know that he's gay? Or was he just testing him?

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo tries very hard to respond without his voice quivering. 

Amused by the in denial stunt Kyungsoo is pulling off, Sehun smirks. "Of course I'd know whose birds have the same feathers as me."

Kyungsoo's eyes widen comically as he tries to swallow the lump starting to form in his throat. "Y - you're gay?"

"Yeah. So don't try to deny that you also are." Sehun nonchalantly replies as he shoots a wink at Kyungsoo's direction.

Ignoring the flirty gesture, Kyungsoo curiously asks. "Does your family know?"

"Kris hyung knows."

"And he's okay with that?" 

"Yes." 

Kyungsoo couldn't believe what he's currently hearing right now. His boss looks so ing manly and he's totally okay with his brother being gay? Something's definitely wrong.

Kyungsoo is about to ask more questions when Sehun continues to speak.

"Why wouldn't he be? He's also a part of the club, hyung."

Kyungsoo nearly faints. 


** 


One problem about Kyungsoo is that he easily loses focus whenever a thought bothers him no matter how hard he tries to set his mind off of it. That explains why he couldn't finish all the papers he's tasked to accomplish by the end of the day. All he thinks about is Kris. He doesn't mind Sehun being gay but Wu freaking Yifan? Seriously? How do hot guys end up being gay? This is insane. A pang of nervousness suddenly hits him as his mind suddenly creates images of his boss shooting deadly glares towards him. Kris getting pissed is something he doesn't want to experience ever again. Once is enough.

As Kris' secretary, he's supposed to be out of the office at 8 pm. It's already 7:30 and he's just about to start working on the other half. You're screwed, Do Kyungsoo. So ing screwed.

He doesn't notice the figure stranding in front of him as he finally gains focus on finishing the papers. He doesn't care how much time this takes him as long as he finishes this all tonight.

Someone coughs and Kyungsoo annoyingly looks up at the source of sound. His face instantly goes pale when his eyes meet the last person he would like to see today. 

Kris Wu.

His boss.

His boss who's about to start scolding him for being a irresponsible piece of . 

"Looks like you still aren't finished with the papers I told you to hand me before 8 pm." 

Well . 


**


Kris is suprised when the sight of his younger brother sprawled across the floor greets him after a stressful day at work. 

"What. The. ."

"Missed you too, hyung." Sehun teases as he gets up on his feet. He makes his way to the mini fridge and grabs a can of soda.

"You're always present at the office. How the hell would you miss me." Kris irritatingly asks as he discards his blazer, throwing it on Sehun's face. He doesn't have any time for this. He's too exhausted to deal with this brat. 

"Of course I'm kidding, duh. I'm here to ask you a favor." Sehun says as he drinks the cola, feeling the cold liquid run down his throat. 

"What is it this time?" Kris sighs as he settles himself on the couch, rubbing his temples. "How much do you want? Just tell me the amount - "

"Set me up on a date with Kyungsoo hyung."

Kris' eyes widen as he gives his brother an are-you-kidding-me look. Sehun seems to get what his brother is thinking so he repeats it for the second time.

"Set me up on a date with Kyungsoo hyung. Date. Kyungsoo hyung." Sehun emphasizes as he impatiently waits for his brother's answer.

Confused, Kris shakes his head as he tries very hard not to cuss. "Why would I do that? And how are you so sure that he's even gay?"

Sehun looks at him as if the answers are already obvious. "Because I like him? And you're his boss. He can't say no to you unless he wants to get fired. And trust me, I know more about him than you do."

Kris widens his eyes' in disbelief. ing no. He may be bossy at times but he's definitely not going to use his position in the company for personal matters such as this. 

"Are you nuts? Why don't you just ing ask him out yourself? I'm not going to use my own advantage for your own pleasure."

Sehun doesn't even look a bit scared. He even has the guts to flash the smile he uses whenever he's about to threaten someone. Kris knows where this is going. He's definitely sure Sehun's going to talk about - 

The younger male doesn't waste time on pulling his iPhone out of his pocket as he excitedly scrolls down through his camera roll as if searching for a very interesting picture to show the whole wide world. "Okay. The photos should be up in 5 minutes!" 

Kris hurriedly makes a move to grab the iPhone from the younger's grip, hoping to delete the horrible derp pictures of him at a party they once attended. Sehun's reflexes are unfortunately faster than Kris so the latter's attempt instantly fails.

Sehun flashes his annoying eye smile as Kris debates with his inner self whether to agree with what his brother wants him to do. Sighing deeply, Kris gives up. 

"You're the best, hyung!" Sehun locks his arms around his brother's neck as he jumps for joy. 

Kris doesn't know what he has gotten himself into.

 

**

 

Is there a book that teaches how to set your brother and secretary up on a date?  Kris thinks as he bites the tip of his pen. He doesn't have any bit of an idea how this works. He hasn't even been on a real date before so how the would he know?

After an hour searching for different kinds of dates on google, Kris finally decides to go for the romantic dinner. He already reserved a table for two so he just have to drag Kyungsoo at the place and text Sehun the address and the time.

 

**

 

Kyungsoo wonders why he is currently being dragged in front of a restaurant which serves a meal as expensive as his salary. Kris told him earlier that he was supposed to meet an important client but unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to go since he has to prepare for a much more important meeting the day after. To be honest, Kyungsoo doesn't want to go. He's so freaking afraid that he'd mess up. Messing this up means a pissed boss which also means a ed up day for him. 

Kris gently grabs both of his shoulders as he nervously tilts his head up. "You can do this, okay? I trust you."

With those encouraging words, Kyungsoo nods as he hesitantly steps into the restaurant. He's too busy feeling nervous that he fails to notice the electricity that ran throughout his body when Kris' bare hands made contact with his shoulders. 

As he steps his feet on the restaurant, a lady which he assumes as the receptionist, leads him to the table where the client is now waiting at. The client's back faces him as he steps closer to the table. Why does this guy look so familiar?

His answer is instantly answered as soon as he sees the boy sitting on the chair across him. 

Sehun.

Kris' younger brother.

"Excuse me? Last time I checked, I was supposed to meet a client." Kyungsoo asks incredulously even though he feels a wave of relief wash through him since this basically means that he doesn't have to meet an important person. There's no reason to fail at all.

"Well sorry to disappoint you but I am the client you're supposed to meet, hyung." Sehun chuckles at the older's confused reaction.

"No seriously. Why are you here?" 

Sehun scratches the back of his neck, looking embarrassed. "I asked help from Kris hyung to uh.."

The petite male has an idea where this is going but he doesn't want to assume. He doesn't have any right to assume but he still chooses to ask. "To what?"

Clearing his throat, Sehun shyly looks at him. "Tosetmeuponadatewithyou."

Kyungsoo doesn't fully understand what the younger boy has just said but he isn't an idiot not to catch up with some of the words that left the other's mouth. "B - but why?" He suddenly squeaks out which he regrets saying for he isn't prepared to hear the answer.

"Because I like you, hyung. I've liked you since the day you stepped on Kris hyung's office." 

The atmosphere suddenly turns into an awkward one. No one dares to speak right after the younger man confessed. The silence is killing the both them so Sehun decides to break the ice.

"You might think that this is just one of those silly crushes, hyung. But let me just tell you that I'm dead serious. I really really like you a lot. I can even tell you a hundred reasons why."

Still unable to process Sehun's confession, Kyungsoo decides to speak. "Can we talk about this privately?"

Sehun just nods and leads the way.

 

**

 

Kyungsoo only had 1 boyfriend in his 21 years of existence. His ex-boyfriend was 2 years younger than him and they thought that it could actually work. Unfortunately, they didn't last that long. They had so many problems that he couldn't actually count how many they were. After the break up, Kyungsoo promised to himself that he will never date a younger man ever again.

That was what he was trying to explain to Sehun for the past 10 minutes as they sit on the grass, gazes directed at the stars above the sky.

"But hyung, I promise you. I'm not the same as them. I may be a brat but I certainly know how to be a man." Sehun determinedly reasons out. He tries to hold the older man's hand but the latter gently pushes his hand away. 

"Sehun," Kyungsoo sighs. "You don't understand. I like you okay? But not in the romantic way."

"Could you at least give me a chance?" The look on Sehun's face makes Kyungsoo want to hug the other but he restrains himself from doing so. 

Kyungsoo isn't given the time to answer as he feels a soft pair of lips against his.

Sehun is kissing him.

He abruptly pushes the other away as he brings his fingers up tp touch his lips. "W - what was that for?"

Sehun realizes what he just did and stares back at the older, regret filling his eyes. "I - I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to do that." The younger male doesn't have any more chance to explain as Kyungsoo stands up and runs away, leaving him dumbfounded. 

 

**

 

A week has passed and Kris is 101% sure that the date didn't go well simply by the looks of it. Sehun doesn't go at the company as he usually does while Kyungsoo only speaks up whenever he is asked to. Something's wrong that's why he's determined to find out what happened that night. 

It's a Sunday but Kris asks Kyungsoo to come over his apartment and deliver some papers. Of course, he only did that as an excuse to interrogate the other since Sehun refuses to answer his calls and texts. 

He just finished showering when he hears the door bell ring. He wraps a towel around his waist as he walks towards the door. As he opens the door, a horrified look on Kyungsoo's face meets him. The man's face is as red as a tomato and he looks like he is going to faint any moment. He grabs the petite male by the arm for support but the other pushes his arms away. 

"I - I'm okay."

Kris isn't convinced but decides to shake it off so he steps on the side, making way for the younger male but the latter just looks at him with a confused expression. 

"You know, you're supposed to come in." Kris says, weirded out by the expression the other just gave him.

Kniting his eyebrows in confusion, Kyungsoo replies. "I thought you only called me to hand you these papers? Sorry, sir. But we both know that it's a Sunday, right? I have chores to do - "

"Just a few minutes, Kyungsoo. I suppose it wouldn't hurt?"

Kyungsoo sighs and steps inside. This is actually the first time he has ever been in his boss' apartment. It's a surprise that everything's put into it's designated places. He never imagined Kris to be this neat and organized so he couldn't help but gape at the unbelievable sight.

Kris (who already managed to put on some clothes) gestures for him to sit on the couch as he thinks of things they could possibly be talking about. Unfortunately, his mind ends up thinking about that incident.

"Sir, if we're gonna talk about Se - "

"What happened, Kyungsoo?"

Another thing Kyungsoo doesn't like about Kris is when he uses this authoritative tone. It makes him feel like he has the need to tell him everything.  Accepting defeat, Kyungsoo tries to explain every single thing that happened that night.

"You didn't give him a chance?" Kris asks without any sign of emotion. This is scarier than a pissed Kris, to be honest.

"Sir - "

"Drop the formalities. We're outside the company. Let's talk about this as normal acquaintances."

Clearing his throat, Kyungsoo starts. "Why would I even give him a chance in the first place? I mean, I don't even like him in that way. I don't want to give him false hopes." Kyungsoo sighs. "I don't want to get him hurt."

"You should've given him - "

Now it's Kyungsoo's turn to cut the other off. "It's ironic for you to say that. You don't even give people that chance you're talking about whenever someone confesses to you. You easily reject them because you're not interested, right? That's exactly what I'm talking about. Don't you think it would be unfair if I gave him a chance? Seeing him lonely without me is much better than seeing him happy with me who's not feeling the same way as him."

Saying that Kris is shocked is an understatement. It's the first time he has heard something like this coming from Kyungsoo. He definitely has a point. He suddenly feels stupid, he feels like a hypocrite. 

"I - I'm sorry. I just care about my brother so much. I was wrong. I'm sorry." Kris drops his head in shame as he feels the guilt eating him up.

"I care about him too. That's why I couldn't bring myself to give him a chance. He deserves someone better, Kris. He really does." 

Kris slowly looks up, expecting to see an annoyed Kyungsoo. But he was wrong. The younger male is looking at him with a soft expression that makes his heart beat loudly inside his chest. What's wrong with me?

 

**

 

Both of them didn't know when did it exactly happen. Kyungsoo often spends his time in Kris' apartment whenever they don't have anything important to do. They simply talk about random things like events that happened in their lives, be it a memorable or an embarrassing one. They also learned more about each other starting from what's their favorite color to their first relationships. They keep the boss-secretary relationship inside the company but they hang out as friends the moment they step outside the place.

They are currently sitting on the couch keeping a safe distance from each other as the tv screen plays a drama they don't give a about. Kris talks about his past life since he has never been in a serious relationship before.

"But seriously, Kris. You've never been in a relationship? Why?" Kyungsoo asks while grabbing a handful of popcorn from the bowl.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe that? But yeah, I don't know. Maybe because I haven't found the right person yet?" Kris shrugs. "How about you? You didn't date anyone after your relationship with that Jongin guy?"

"Yup!"

"Yup you did or yup you did not?"

"Yup, I didn't. I don't know, I didn't feel like dating anyone after that. It took me a few months to get over him, okay. It wasn't that easy." Kyungsoo suddenly remembers the things he had to go through to get over Jongin. It was one of the moments he never wants to experience again. 

"I suddenly wonder what it feels like to be inlove." Kris asks with curiosity as he stares at a blank wall, thinking how love works.

"You'd know once you kiss me." Kyungsoo jokingly replies as he starts laughing. He stops when he notices the other staring at him. They don't know who moves closer first but it's just a matter of seconds until their lips softly touch. Kris is about to deepen the kiss when they hear a soft thud. 

They quickly break the kiss and snap their head towards the direction of the sound. They didn't expect to see Sehun standing there, with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

 


 

WORD VOMIT. 

3K+ WORDS FOR PART 2.

 

SO HERE YOU GO. CRAPPY CHAPTER IS CRAPPY. NEXT CHAPTER IS PROBABLY THE LAST. I HOPE TO FINISH THIS BEFORE SATURDAY SINCE I'M GOING TO KPOP REP (who else is going?) AND I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO UPDATE ANYTHING AFTER THAT. HELLO POST-CONCERT DEPRESSION.

 

COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED. 'TIL NEXT CHAPTER! <3