1/3

Sudden Spark

 

Kris isn’t a heartless boss despite the intimidating aura he unintentionally emits. He is breathtakingly handsome, yes. He has a body of a Greek god, totally. Everything about his looks is perfect starting from his hair down to his feet. So he’s starting to wonder what’s wrong with him when he finds himself staring at his secretary who has just handed him her resignation paper.  

“Why?” He grips the papers tightly as he settles it neatly on his desk. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion as he miserably fails to think of anything that he could have possibly done wrong.

“I – uh – I can’t,” His secretary sets her gaze down on the floor as she fiddles with her fingers, trying to find the right words to explain her side without being misunderstood by his boss.

“Why?” Kris repeats for the second time, now with a hardening look pasted on his face. The secretary remains silent as she feels her knees collapsing from nervousness.

Starting to get pissed, Kris stands up and is about to yell at the poor pale-faced secretary in front of him when she suddenly speaks with her voice trembling, “I- I can’t handle working with someone as perfect as you, sir!” Realizing what she just said, her face starts to turn into a deep shade of red.

“What.”

The secretary tries to regain her composure as she tilts her head up to meet his boss’ intimidating glare. “B-but you don’t have anything to worry, sir. I – I’ve already asked someone to replace my position.”

Not wanting to prolong this stupid conversation any longer, Kris goes direct to the point. “Just make sure that he or she is way better than you.”

Hurt from the harsh words that came out from his boss’ mouth, she shamefully bows and prepares to turn on her feet to leave when Kris holds her back. “Wait.”

“Y – yes, Sir?”

“Make sure he or she shows up tomorrow at exactly 7 am. Don’t expect me to go easy on whoever that person is.”

The secretary nods as she quietly leaves the room and nervously mumbles a “Sorry, Kyungsoo.” under her breath.

 

**

 

Kyungsoo still doesn’t understand why he is standing in front of his full-length mirror, dressed up in a light blue buttoned up shirt and black slacks. All he remembers is Sulli asking for his help to replace her position as the boss’ secretary of a well-known company. He still couldn’t exactly figure out why he didn’t hesitate to say yes in the first place but all he knows is that he badly needs a job and money obviously. He just finished college last year and tried to apply for decent jobs but all those applications unfortunately failed. He doesn’t know why. His looks aren’t that bad and he also has that professional look as well, so why? Why has been fate so cruel to him? Anyway, at least he already has a job know. All he needs to do is impress this “perfect” boss Sulli has been talking about since she first worked in that company.

Looks life fate still wants to be cruel to Kyungsoo.

His huge eyes widen even more (if that’s even possible) when he decides to reread Sulli’s text last night before heading out.

From: Sulli

Make sure to be there at EXACTLY 7 am, Kyungie. Don't forget okay? You don’t want to disappoint my former boss, right? I swear you really won’t like that. Fighting!

He glances at his watch in horror as the sight of the big hand pointed at 6 mockingly greets him. It’s freaking 7:30 am already. He is goddamn late.

 

**

 

Saying that Kris is pissed is such an understatement. He isn’t even over at the fact that his former secretary resigned just because he is too perfect to work with. He didn’t dare to ask further questions anymore since he wasn’t sure if he would be able to take all the stupidity his former secretary could possibly tell. He wasn’t even supposed to easily let the girl off since her reason was very far from sanely valid. He seriously doesn’t have any idea what kind of bad spirit came up on him yesterday.

He usually goes to their company at 9 am. He decides to meet the replacement at 7 am to check if he or she perfectly suits for the job, if he or she is even capable of handling the amount of work he or she has to face. He completely remembers that he clearly told Sulli that the replacement was supposed to show up 30 minutes ago so why is that person still not here? Looks like Kris’ strict side (nobody, i repeat, nobody ever wants to see that side of him ever again) is about to unleash when that certain person finally steps his feet on his office.

30 minutes later when Kris hears somebody open the door to his office. He or she doesn’t even know how to knock. He turns his seat to finally face the person he has been getting so annoyed at when the sight of his younger brother Sehun meets him.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at your school right now?” Kris asks as he shoots daggers at the younger man.

Sehun just shrugs his shoulders as he plops himself down on the seat in front of his brother’s desk. “Am I not allowed to visit my hyung?”

“Seriously, Sehun. I’m not in the mood to deal with your childish act right now.” Kris sighs as he opens his laptop to check for work-related emails.

“Ouch. You just broke my heart.” The male clutches his chest as if showing how badly hurt he is. Kris glares at him which instantly shuts him up.

“What? Aren’t you going to leave now?” Kris asks but the younger just ignores him, grabbing his iPhone out of his pocket and plugging his earphones in.

Kris gives up and goes back to checking his emails when he faintly hears a soft knock on the door. One of their employees steps in and politely greets him right away.

“Good morning, sir. Your new secretary has just arrived.”

As soon as he hears the “new secretary”, his expression instantly turns scarier than it already was when Sehun came in.

What he didn’t expect was the fact that he finds it very hard to do so. A petite man (or is it a boy) appears from behind his employee, knees obviously trembling, as he walks his way towards Kris. The male stops in front of Sehun, who bangs his head as he jams with the music playing. The doe-eyed male quietly coughs to get the slim male’s attention but the latter seems to be in his own world so Kris decides to harshly pull the earphones out of his brother’s ears.

“The ?” Sehun hisses as he tries to grab his earphones out of Kris’ strong grasp. The older just responds by using his lips to point out the man standing right behind him. Sehun snaps his head towards the direction his brother was pointing at when his eyes meet the most adorable being he has ever seen in his 19 years of existence.

“Oh.” He dumbly responds as he dreamily stares at the sight presented in front of him.  Eyes as round as saucers, heart-shaped lips, button nose, milky white skin. What the actual . How can someone manage to be this cute? A few minutes more and a certain sticky liquid will probably sneak out of his mouth.

Before this unfortunate event could even happen, Kris hastily pushes Sehun off of the seat and forcefully grabs him out of the office.

 

**

 

Do Kyungsoo doesn’t have any fears at all. He can ride all the killer rides in amusement parks no matter how incredibly scary it is. He never gets creeped out whenever he hears unusual noises coming from his dorm’s bathroom whenever he stays up late. He can’t seem to accept the fact that his hands are becoming painfully sweaty at the sight of a man who is undeniably drop-dead gorgeous yet ultimately intimidating.

He refuses to look up from his lap as he waits for continuous blabbering to come his way. He fiddles with his interlaced fingers with his heart beating rapidly against his chest. He almost jumps off of his seat when he hears a deep raspy voice suddenly reverberating inside the room.

“Don’t you have a watch to check what time is it already?”

Many people love how straightforward Kris is. People like it when he rejects love confession from girls (even guys) he isn’t interested in. I mean, who wants someone to accept their confession out of mere pity? That’s bull. It may be offensive, insensitive, inconsiderate, or even a move to some but it just gains him more admiration from the others. People also like it when Kris corrects their mistakes. His words may be a bit harsh and beyond the limit but it certainly motivates them to do better.

Many people also hate how straightforward Kris is. Whenever Kris starts spluttering a bunch of words he can think of, he finds it so hard to bring himself to stop. He talks and talks until the person he’s talking to practically sobs his or heart out.

This is definitely one of the unfortunate days.

“I clearly told you to be here at exactly 7 am.”

Kyungsoo wants to say something, to defend himself, but no words seem to bravely come out of his mouth. He bites his lips to keep himself from completely trembling. Kyungsoo wants to cry. He hasn’t even started his job yet he thinks he’s not even going to have a hold of it.  

“Are you even serious about this job? Do you even know how many people want to actually have your position? I’m sorry but – “ Kris doesn’t have the chance to continue his sentence when the doe-eyed male suddenly kneels in front of him with his hands clasped together, eyes adorably shut.

“I’m sorry I really thought I was supposed to be here at 8 am I misread Sulli’s text so I wasn’t able to arrive here on time so please don’t fire me I really need this job I tried to apply for how many jobs already but I miserably failed so please let me have this one I promise I’ll do good I’ll do everything you say I swear this will never happen again I’m sorry sir please don’t fire me.”  Kyungsoo almost collapses on the floor due to breathlessness. He badly needs this job that’s why he decides to do whatever it takes to gain his future boss’ trust.

Kris doesn’t know why he wants to grab the man and pull him into a tight hug. He looks so cute yet he looks so fragile. Kris wonders if he has ever seen a guy as adorable as this.

Clearing his throat, Kris pulls the man up by his arm as he helps him stand up on his feet. The man looks up at him with scared eyes as he pats him lightly on his shoulder.

“Before you decided to kneel down in front of me,” Kris tries his very best to keep himself from showing his dumb gum smile. “I was actually trying to say that I was sorry to inform you that you’ve shown me a bad first impression. I wasn’t going to fire you.”

Kyungsoo releases the breath he hasn’t even realized he was holding. “I – I’m really sorry. I promise it won’t ever happen again.”

“Good. Because if this happens again, I definitely won’t let you off.” Kris calmly says as he suddenly remembers that he doesn’t know his new secretary’s name yet. “Oh, I forgot to ask. What’s your name?”

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, sir. Um, may I know what should I call you? If you don’t mind me asking.” Kyungsoo hesitantly asks.

“I’m Wu Yifan but I preferred to be called Kris. In your position, I think sir’s okay.” Kris offers his hand to Kyungsoo and the latter hesitantly grabs it for a quick handshake.

Both of them didn’t expect that an unknown spark could possibly ran through their bodies the moment their hands touched.

 


 

2K+ WORDS FOR PART 1.

 

I STATED THAT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A ONE SHOT LOL BUT I DECIDED TO SPLIT IT INTO CHAPTERS (might be a threeshot) SO THE DRAMA (?) IS PROBABLY GOING TO HAPPEN ON THE NEXT ONE. SO STAY TUNED. 

 

COMMENTS ARE GLADLY APPRECIATED. 'TIL NEXT CHAPTER! <3