Chapter 7

One Stop Closer to Paris

Hello there my readers :D

Please do not hate hate hate me after reading this chapter. You'll see why when you read it .-. TEEHEE~ btw, what did you think of the Behind-the-scenes thing on the last chapter? xD I think I will continue to do it for the rest of the chapter. 

*wooooooo~*

Enjoy <3

 

I came home to find Jae Yi fast asleep, snoring on the couch with an open book on her stomach.

I grinned and my inner devil Chaerin comes out. Perfect timing for a classic roomate prank. Seriously, wouldn't you have done the same?

I tip-toed over and screamed at the top of my lungs. "WOW FANTASTIC BABY, DANCEEEEEEEE OH OHHHHHH!"

Jae Yi was up in a shot. Her eyes were round with surprise and fear. But when she saw that it was me and my horrendous singing, she rolled her eyes and gave me a push.

"Shut up," She retorted, rolling herself back in.

But I didn't stop, of course. "I WANNA DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCEEEEE, FANTASTIC-"

Jae Yi jumped up and nearly strangled me to death. "BABY! Alright, you win. I'm getting up now you ."

I slapped her thigh, knowing that she won't mind. "You're a pig Jae Yi!" I called over my shoulder as she made her way to the bathroom.

That night, I thought a lot, again. I wish my mind would be this active while taking tests. That, would be way easier.

"Jae Yi," I called while lying on my bed. "Are you asleep?"

"No." Came her voice in the dark. "I think I slept too much this afternoon."

"Jae Yi, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure," she replied.

"Do you like anyone?" I asked.

There was silence for about twenty seconds before Jae Yi answered.  "Yes."

"Who is it?" I was starting to get a bit sleepy.

"His name is Han Park." I could feel her smile as she speak.

"Does he likes you?"

"I don't know."

"Oh," I yawned. "Tell..me more...tomorrow." Was all I'm able to answer as I drifted to sleep.

Next morning greeted me with a slap on the from Jae Yi. 

"OHHHHH HERES TO A GLORIOUSSS DAAAAYYYY!!" She sang louder than I did yesterday just for sweet revenge, and it did work. Ugh, go away.

I managed to roll in my bed until I fell down onto the floor. "Ow.." I whimpered, clutching my forehead. "What time is it?"

"Seven-oh-nine."

I wasn't late. But I had still had to rush a little because I always wake up before seven.

I eagerly returned to the 'treasure chest' I discovered yesterday and planned my outfit for today. After rummaging through the thick pile of heavenly-smelling clothes, I found a coral pink tank top and a long, sunshine-yellow pants to match.

I even found a translucent white, soft thing to wear over my tank top. I looked into a mirror and stared at my reflection. I actually look pretty.

Note to self: you have to stop wearing blacks or dark blues or anything that's black and dull, no wonder people thinks that you're a nerd.

Okay I admit that I'm dressing up like that for Daniel. 

When I approached my locker, I saw that Minzy had already reached. But something about her expression told me that something wasn't right. Her face was tight and frowning. Weird.

"Hey Minzy!" My smile was quickly replaced with a look of concern when she mumbled a quiet 'hi'.

Then I realized that something, or rather someone is missing. "Minzy, where's Dara? Didn't you come here with her?"

Minzy scowled. "Who cares about Dara?" 

Something is definitely up. "Minzy, what happened?" I pressed on further.

Minzy rolled her eyes, let out a sign of frustration and began to tell me what exactly happened. I listened to her for an entire fifteen minutes, nodding without a peep.

So to sum it all up, this is what happened. After Minzy called me two days ago, she went to explore Dara's phone further, checking her contacts, her messages. Apparently, Dara woke up and was mad at Minzy for invading her 'privacy'.

The word 'privacy' doesn't even exists in our vocabulary. We share everything and everything with each other, not a single secret in place.

Needless to say, they fought really badly. You can try to imagine World War Three taking place in their dorm.

"But I wasn't angry because we got angry. I got angry at what Dara said next." Her voice was all full of bitterness.

"What did she say?" I asked, ever so gently.

Minzy mimicked Dara's high-pitched voice. "You know what? My friends are right about you and Chaerin being the most boring people to walk Earth. I only got drunk for crying out loud. It's not like I had committed a murder crime or something. Since you hated me so much, I can disappear and get myself some real friends. Goodbye er." 

I was totally speechless. What did the popular gang did to Dara to cause her to act so sickly to Minzy? We are best friends for two years and nothing could split us up.

Minzy seemed to read my thoughts. "Looks like we're done." She sighed.

"No we're not!" I firmly said. "We're not done because we still have each other. It's you and me Minzy."

Minzy stared at me with a blank look. "You're right," she admitted. "We have to show Dara that we are not a deflated balloon just because she picked the popular gang over us."

I beamed. That's my BFF. 

"What's your first period?" I asked.

"Gym." Minzy replied and then groaned. "I think I better get going now to get changed. Mr Mark scolded me last week for being late." 

"Oh okay then, see you in study hall." I waved as she walked away. 

"BOOM." A voice nearly scared me to death from behind. 

"Morning to you too Daniel." I laughed awkwardly. I mean, we just had our first kiss two days ago.

"What are you having now?" He asked.

"Biology. Oh the joy." I rolled my eyes comically.

Daniel just shrugged. "See you in Study hall later?" 

"Yeah." I couldn't help feeling disappointed, again.

"By the way," Daniel stopped walking away and turned back. "Pretty outfit." He smirked and left.

I smile and enjoy the little butterflies in my stomach since I could only enjoy them for a while. Why? It's biology. 

My class with Dara.

As I approached the classroom, I peeked in and saw that Dara is already there, sitting at our bench with a hundred other jocks and cheerleaders flocking around her. 

Oh and I think I forgot to mention, I sit right next to Dara in Bio.

Since there was such a big crowd at our bench, I couldn't just quietly get to my seat and sit down as I wanted. 

"Excuse me." I said politely at one of the football guys. "I really need to get to my seat."

He merely rolled his eyes at me. "Why? The teacher isn't here yet. Go away miss goody-goody, I am talking to Sandara Park right now."

That sentence, was like a slap to the face. It didn't help that the whole group is now staring at me like I'm a piece of gum that they scraped off their shoes.

"Leave her alone Josh, she is so punctual that she doesn't want to get detention." Dara said while two girls were painting her nails. 

I stared, open mouth at what had becomes of my friend. 

"Like she is gonna get any detention. I'm giving up here seat as soon as teacher comes in. Just take a chill pill will you, Miss?" 

I closed my mouth and took a few steps back. I cannot believe that I'm being humiliated in front of the whole popular group.

Just as I prayed, our teacher came in a few minutes later and the group dispersed. Dara glared at me, before turning away.

I officially hate Biology now.

Our teacher distributed a dead frog to each bench and told us to dissect it. It wasn't a big deal, we have done dessecting a hundred times.

"Dara," I cleared my throat. "Do you want to go first?"

Dara didn't glance my way as she admired her freshly painted nails. "You do it." She spat. "I just had my nails painted."

I could feel tears rushing to my eyes. I stood up from my seat, ignoring Dara's stare and made my way to the teacher's table.

"Yes Chaerin what do you need? Any trouble with the dissecting?" Our teacher asked.

"I'm not feeling quite well," I swallowed. "Can I have a pass to go to the nurse office?"

As I stumbled my way to the toilet, my thoughts were clumped with Dara.

Maybe she's possessed. I thought to myself. Maybe she's an alien who kidnapped the real Dara. 

Something wet fell on to my cheeks and I wiped at it with my hands. My eyes widened at it. It's tears, I'm crying.

Right now if you happened to walk past me, you'll run away screaming. Why? Because I resemble those zombies in Dawn of the Dead so much. Shuffling through the empty hallway.

As I neared the locker areas, I heard voices speaking. Two voices actually. I peered from the back of the lockers, and saw two persons I would never expect to see.

Minzy and Ji Yong. 

Then I remembered Minzy saying something about them having Gym together. I checked my watch, it's ten minutes to lunch. Our Gym teacher must have dismissed them early.

I craned my neck to hear what are they saying. Hey, I know that they are my friends and I could just walk over and say hi. But something about their expression tells me to hold back.

Ji Yong was shuffling his feet, as if uncomfortable. And Minzy is turning pink from what I can see.

"So...Minzy. I need to ask you something." Ji Yong finally spoke. 

"Yeah?" 

"Would you date me?"

Before I could stop it, a gasp escaped from my mouth. I clamp my hand over my mouth and checked whether they had noticed me, luckily, they didn't realize anything wrong.

I didn't even dare to heave a sigh of relief.

But wait, Ji Yong wants to date Minzy? My heart felt as if it dropped in the deepest part of Pacific Ocean.

Be happy Chaerin. Minzy got what she wanted. Ji Yong likes Minzy and Minzy likes Ji Yong. It's all perfect.

But I couldn't force a smile no matter how hard I try. I knocked on the side of my head again, get a grip, seriously Chaerin. 

Since lunch is just five minutes away, I decided that I won't return to class and just go straight to lunch with Minzy.

I gathered all my nerves and stepped to the side, revealing myself. 

"Hey guys." I said as cheerful as I could. They both stopped chatting and looked straight at me. 

"Chaerin!" Minzy's face explodes to a grin as she greets me. "Guess what?" 

Guess what? You've just scored an 'A' in gym? I secretly scoffed to myself.

"Ji Yong just asked me out!" Minzy squealed.

I tried my hardest to be surprised. "Oh my gosh! Really? That's great!" I shrieked.

Ji Yong looked at me with some sort of a guilty look. 

I stared blankly back. 

"Let's go to lunch together." Minzy said happily, clinging on to both Ji Yong's and my arms. 

Throughout lunch, Ji Yong didn't speak to me at all. Minzy is the only one that is communicating with us both. One minute she'll talk with me, another minute she'll flirt shamlessly with Ji Yong.

"Hey Chae, what are you having next?" Minzy asked while munching on an apple.

"Art." 

"Oh then you'll be going to that class together with Ji Yong?" She asked again.

What? I can't even go to class together with my friend? I retorted to myself.

"Yeah I suppose, if he does not want to spend any time alone with you." 

Minzy glanced hopefully at Ji Yong, hoping that he would say yes. To my surprise, Ji Yong shook his head.

"No it's alright, I'll talk to you after school." Ji Yong said as he put a hand on Minzy's head. "Don't want to be late for class." He quickly looked at me.

"Oh," Minzy's face fell.

There was silence as we say goodbye to Minzy and made our way to class.

Finally, Ji Yong chose to break it. "So, are you mad at me?"

That threw me for a minute. "No, why would you think that?"

"You didn't talk to me for the whole of lunch."

Excuse me? Wasn't he the one doing all the ignoring?

"Oh, at first I thought you were mad at me because you didn't speak to me too." I said with a surprised tone.

He chuckled. "Guess we were both ignoring each other then."

There was a silence.

"Erm...Ji Yong?" I turned to him.

"Yeah?"

"L-last long...with Minzy." My voice wobbled.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and sighed. "Of course," He smiled. "Thank you."

I was relieved when we were finally in French class. Daniel sat next me, talking about his races and one time where he nearly beat Gan Park Kim.

"Do you like horse riding?" I asked him.

He scoffed. "Horse riding? That's so girly girly."

I was hurt. Actually, when I have free time on my hands, I like to go to the local horse ridding stable. I love horses a lot, and if anyone dare to lay a finger on any, I'll bite off their heads.

"That's not girly." I protested. 

Daniel waved a hand. "Whatever, anyway there was another time where someone else beat Park Kim..."

I was lost in my thoughts. How could Daniel just brush away my favourite thing on Earth with just a wave of his hand? Doesn't he care about me?

Saying horse riding is girly, is like saying sushi is disgusting.

 

 

 

Behind the scenes~

Chaerin: Seriously? Why do I like horse riding in this story?

Me: Hey, it's my story and I can control whatever you like *Sticks out tongue*

Ji Yong: WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DATE MINZY? *cries*

Minzy: Huh! As if I want to date you! I'm just pretending I like you because author-nim wants me to.

*Ji Yong and Minzy tight battle*

Chaerin: Author, are you going to make me like Ji Yong soon?

Me: Soon soon.

*Daniel pops out of curtain*

Daniel: Who am I?

Me: I don't know? I created you randomly.

Daniel: Am I korean?

Me: Well...erm yeah?

Daniel: Am I a guy?

Me: *snorts* No, you are a girl.

Daniel: *Gasp*

Everyone: *Gasp*

Me: Just kidding people.

 

Haha!:D How did you like this chappie?^^ 

And and and andddd....I just updated 'Ice cream sundae'! :D if you guys don't know what that is, it is my first story:) And I have just written an epilouge for it<3

Please vote, comment and ENJOY!

Lots of love and Skydragon! <3