3

Makes Me Wait

This chapter is filled with random POV's. Be aware!

 

I smiled foolishly at myself with my hands cupping the mug. I was at the café where I worked and since it was my break time, I got myself a drink and sat at one of the empty tables. I sighed again and cupped my face with my palms.

“You were so stupid back there, Yerim…” I muttered under my breath to myself. “Why are you so stupid…”

“Who’s stupid?”

Hearing a voice, I immediately stood up and bowed to the customer. “I’m sorry,” I apologized and looked up. “May I help…—?”

My words faded as soon as I saw the customer’s face. My lips parted slightly while my eyes can’t take it off from the sight that I’m seeing now. It’s was the face that I saw it four years ago…

It was Mir’s face.

And I noticed that he even didn’t changed a bit. Only, he’s turned even more handsome, and his hair wasn’t the color black anymore, it was dyed into blonde. How could I notice him so easily…?

Because it’s Mir.

Yeah, because it’s Mir. My love for ten years. I admit, I haven’t moved on from him.

And now, after I never saw his face four years… I met him again.

“Ch-cheol y-yong…?” I stammered under my breath. His eyes didn’t show a spark of surprised in his face. He looked… calm.

“I know it was you,” he said and sat at the chair in front of my chair. My eyes weren’t off from his face. Until he motioned me to sit. I snapped and sat there.

Mir sighed and smiled at me. “How are you doing, Yerim-ah?” he asked.

My heart skipped a beat hearing him call my name. I cleared my throat and putted on a poker face. “Fine,” I said with an annoyed tone.

He kissed with Jinna back then, Yerim-ah. Don’t even flinch even if he mentioned that.

“What do you want?” I asked with my eyes staring on the café’s window.

I could hear him sigh. “I… I’m sorry…”

My eyes widened and I quickly put my gaze on Mir. His head was hung down. I could feel my grip on my mug tightened. “For… what?” No, Yerim. No…

“Four years ago,” he mumbled and looked straight at my eyes. I felt my stare won’t flinch from his gaze. I cleared my throat and held back my tears. Don’t even remember it…

“Why bothering apologize?” I said with a sarcastic tone. “I was wrong anyway.—”

“No, you weren’t,” he cut off my words and I shut my mouth. I felt anger boiling up inside me.

“If that’s what you’re going to say, I’m going to tell you something,” I mumbled with a serious tone. His body suddenly tensed.

“W-what…?” he muttered.

“I used to like you back then, Mir,” I said straightforwardly, my gaze was still on him. “For ten freaking years!” I whispered a yell. I could feel my tears going to drop anytime.

His eyes widened. I let out a bitter chuckle and looked on my cup.

“Recently, I have been thinking why I haven’t moved on from you,” I said bitterly. My fingers playing on the edge of my mug.

“‘Should I give up?… or not...’ that was one of them. But suddenly inside of me,” I rubbed my temples. “They said ‘You shouldn’t’ and ‘You should’.”

“I even don’t know what you did to me,” I blew out a sigh. “Even if I already decided to move on, my heart will prevent me from doing that. And even if I decided to just like you, my heart will prevent me too,” I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know. It’s complicated.”

I dared to look straight in his eyes. “But finally… I’ve made my choice.”

“I decided to move on from you,” I mumbled monotonously.

Mir parted his lips. “I…”

“No, its okay,” I cut him off and sipped my drink until it’s finished and looked at the clock. “Now if you excuse me, I will be going back to work,” I stood up and took a last glance from Mir.

Goodbye, Mir,” I said and held back my tears before running outside the café.

“Hey, Yerim! What’s wrong?!” I could hear one of the staffs shout at me while I passed her to the door. But I ignored it.

I ran wherever my feet told too. I didn’t care about the stares people shoot me or whenever I bumped someone. I just need to run away. My cheeks were wet and my vision was blurred. I was crying.

Suddenly someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a small alley. I looked up and saw Mir with his eyes… puffed?

I examined his features. His eyes are red and puffy, his lips slightly apart. And the sparks in his eyes were pain. Pain.

“Ch-cheolyong…?” I stammered. He suddenly wrapped his arms around my neck and he leaned his head against my shoulder. I felt a bit stiff, but after a few good seconds, I became… comfortable.

“So…” he sobbed. I wasn’t hugging him back. My arms were still beside my torso. “It was true after all these years…”

What’s true? I thought to myself.

Mir sobbed again. He pulled back from the hug and stared straight into my eyes. He let out a weak smile that made my heart fluttered.

“Actually…” he mumbled with a whisper. “I like you, Song Yerim.”

My eyes widened and I could feel my heart stopped pounding. Questions were flashing inside my head.

I’m not dreaming right?

Did Mir just said…

He likes me…?

Suddenly I felt a pair of lips hovering above mine. Sweet and soft. A few moments, I realized that I was Mir’s lips.

His kiss was sweet and decent. Not too rush, not that gentle either. Just… comfortable.

A few seconds later, we pulled apart to catch out breaths. I stared deeply into his eyes. His lips twitched into a smile.

“So…” he mumbled. “This means you don’t liked me, right?” he let out a lopsided grin. I gulped nervously. “Judging from you kissing me back, it means you still like me.”

I blushed and avoided eye-contact with him. I’m loss for words.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled shyly. “Well… I guess so?”

Mir chuckled and pinched my cheeks. “I think not,” then he pecked my lips. I blushed again at the sudden action. He giggled and intertwined our hands together.

“So this means we’re official, right?” he mumbled as we walked through the streets. I didn’t respond to him. Suddenly he pushed my head with his index finger. “Yah!” he half-yelled.

I giggled and nodded without hesitant. “Okay, okay. But I’m not agreeing to this,” I mumbled with narrowed eyes.

Mir’s eyes widened and his grip on my hand tightened, making me let out a yelp. I slapped his arm. “It hurts, Mir!” I pouted.

Suddenly he pecked my lips again. “Now that doesn’t hurt, right?” he chuckled. I grinned. “Okay, okay…”

“But explain me about the incident four years ago, please??” I rested my head on his shoulder. He chuckled. “Not gonna let you know…” he sang.

I pouted. But oh well. At least my confession was accepted by him. And now we’re officially together.

***

“Mir, I like you!” Jinna yelled as we were hidden in some kind of empty space after she pointed at something behind me secretly. Okay, so what? She confessed to me for the nth time and this? I kept rejecting her.

But actually, we have a reason behind this all.

To be honest, Jinna wasn’t confessing to me whole-heartedly, she was just helping me to get Yerim’s heart. And yeah, actually I like Yerim since that train station incident.

And actually, Jinna was already taken by my best friend, Cheondung, since 1st grade of high school. But nobody knows about it besides me, Cheondung and Jinna.

Cheondung willingly helped me about my love case. He’s one of my closest hyung’s and treat him like my own brother.

I smiled at her. Luckily my back was facing the door, so if Yerim saw this, she won’t see the smile on my face. We were just ACTING, hey. ACTING.

I sighed. “How many times do I have to tell you, Jinna. I only like you as a friend. Not much,” I said with a weak tone.

“Did it work?” I mouthed to her. Jinna shook her head slowly and mouthed a “No.”

Then I saw her hands beside her torso. She’s motioning me an idea. I nodded and just let her do the plan.

“How could you Mir!” she punched my chest hard, but actually, it isn’t. “How could you reject me, Min Jinna, the Queen! How could you?!” she lets out fake tears and I see her hands getting weaker by the moment. “I have the looks, wealth and everything!”

I sighed and asked her again with a motion. She shook her head silently. “Then I guess I have to do it the hard way,” she mouthed. I raised an eyebrow.

“Try saying ‘I told you, Jinna for the umpteenth time. I only like you as a friend’. Then I will lean to your face all of a sudden. From her angle, she will think that we were kissing. Deal?” she mouthed.

I widened my eyes. This is insane, but I guess it’ll be a good idea.

I nodded back to her and let out a sigh again. “I told you, Jinna for the umpteenth time. I

I quickly stopped myself from talking because she leaned closer to my face, with her head tilted to the side.

To be honest, okay. Our lips WERE close, but WE DIDN’T kiss. It’s only ACTING.

Jinna suddenly punched my chest with her fist and pointed behind me. She leaned closer to my ear. “Yah, she suddenly cried! What should we do?!” she whispered and I widened my eyes.

I abruptly turned my head and saw Yerim. Yes, I could see a tear rolling down her cheek. Oh god, I think I made the wrong decision.

She started to run. “Yerim!” I quickly ran to her but it’s too late. She was already gone.

“Oh my goodness… I’m so stupid…” I face-palmed myself.

For four freaking years, I never saw her again. Since that day, I never saw her.

Until one day.

 

Cheondung patted my shoulder from the back as I was sitting at the bench near the university. I looked up and smiled at him. “Hey,” he greeted.

“Hey too,” I greeted back. He sat beside me.

“Let me guess,” he mumbled. “You’re still thinking about Yerim, right?” he asked straight to the point.

I widened my eyes. Yeah, he’s right. I can’t hide anything from him, so I just nodded.

Cheondung squeezed my shoulder. “Confess to her now.”

I looked at him with a questioning look and let out a sarcastic laugh. “How am I gonna do that? I never saw her again since four years ago.”

“She’s works in a café where my female cousin works,” he cut me off. I widened my eyes.

“What…?” I trailed off.

Cheondung sighed. “Must I tell you once again…? She.”

“Is it true?” I cut him off. He sighed and nodded assuring. “Yes. And why would you think I would lie to you?” he asked, giving me an ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “Oh my goodness. Thank you, hyung!” then I ran off to the café where Yerim works after Cheondung told me.

Cheondung shook his head, but his lips twitched into a smile. “That boy… Still the same Mir.”

“Oh by the way,” Mir handed me a bouquet of roses. My lips parted slightly and I looked at him with a disbelief look. “Happy birthday, my girlfriend.” He said with a cheesy grin.

I slapped his arm playfully and took the roses from his grip. I inhaled the scent and smiled. “Thank you, Mir.”

Mir gave me a peck on my temple. “You’re welcome,” he mumbled. I grinned happily and hugges him. He hugged me back.

Now both of us are perfectly fine…

 


A/N. Finally it's finished! xD *party* Thank you for reading it! <3