2

Makes Me Wait

Since then, I attended school as same as Mir’s. Well… we were at the same class for the whole time. Six years! Seven to be added; because he has been in the same class as mine since we’re in sixth grade.

But to be honest… I kept burying my feelings inside. I haven’t told him yet.

Until the moment came…

(Farewell party, 12th Grade of High School)

Because this is our last time together in High School, our school attended a Farewell Party. Well… I don’t know if this is called a farewell party, because my friends got drunk. Maybe the punch that they served contains alcohol? I don’t know. And I don’t even want to drink it. Because judging from the scent, it smells weird.

“Mir, you’re no joke. Really!”

I turned my head to the source and smiled. It’s MBLAQ. Yeah, they have been in the same school as mine, but they always got separated classes, okay?

Daehee, Key and Minho came too. And I must say, Key and Minho looks swell at their suits. And of course, Daehee is beautiful too with her blue aqua knee length dress.

“Yerim-ah,” Daehee called my name and I turned my head to her.

I gave her a smile. “What’s wrong, Daehee?”

She blew out a sigh and pulled me outside to the fountain after asking permission from the boys. The suddenly she slapped my arm and I whined.

“Yah!” I cried. “What’s wrong with you?” I asked confusingly.

Daehee shook her head. “Why haven’t you done it?” I raised an eyebrow. “Done what?” I asked back. She rubbed her temples.

 “Confess to Mir, of course!” she grumbled. I didn’t respond to her. I just looked down on my heels. Pretending not to hear her sentence.

Daehee gripped my shoulder and started to shake me.

“Song Yerim!” Daehee exclaimed. “It’s been seven years! Seven freaking years, Yerim! How could you take that so easy?” I still kept quiet, but actually I was thinking about her words.

Daehee put her hands down and sighed heavily. “Why can’t you just confess to him? It’s better to let out your feelings-”

I shook my head quickly. “I’m not ready for a rejection.”

I looked up to Daehee’s face. I could see her sad expression towards me. No. That’s not the expression what I want to see from her.

She took a step forward to me. I gulped nervously.

“Yerim-ah,” Daehee called my name softly. I nodded nervously.

“Just confess to him already,” she mumbled. I shut my eyes and I could feel my nails digging through my skin, but I didn’t feel any pain at all.

Daehee pulled me into a friendly hug. “We’re here to support you, Yerim-ah. Key, Minho, and I are here to lean our shoulders. We’re friends right?”

I nodded as I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. Looks like I’m going to make Daehee’s dress wet.

She pulled out from the hug and faced me. I glanced at her with my eyes, a bit puffy I guess. She looked at me with a concerned look and a smile is craved on her face.

“Do it, Yerim-ah,” she mumbled. “Even if he rejects you and makes you cry, I will make sure he will suffer,” Daehee joked with a fist pumped in from of her.  I chuckled low. Maybe she’s right… I should try it.

I nodded surely at her and she gave a grin. “You go it girl,” she pulled me to the crowd again and excused from me because she wants to talk with Key and Minho. I’m pretty sure that she won’t tell anyone.

I blew out a heavy sigh. Well… I guess I have to tell him immediately. This is our last year in high school though… and nobody knows we will meet each other again or not.

With heavy steps, I walked and glanced around the building, to find Mir’s presence. This sound really silly…

A few minutes later, I felt my foot was irritated. Oh god, how much I hate heels. It always happens every time I wear heels; my foot will get irritated or scuffed.

I founded a chair near a door. Finally!

As I sat there, I let go of my heels and stretched my legs. Finally! Freedom!

I shut my eyes. And as soon as I shut them, I heard a loud bump. Quickly I opened my eyes and searched for the source of the bump.

Few moments later, I heard the bump was coming out from a room. Curious, I peeked into the door hole and saw two figures. My eyes widened when I saw one figure that I know inside the room.

It was Mir.

With a… girl?

“Mir, I like you!” I heard the girl said. My eyes widened when I realized who that voice belongs to. It was Jinna’s voice.

Yeah, that bastardI mean ‘Queen’ of the school was always sticking to Mir. Actually, this is the nth time that she confessed to Mir since 2nd grade of high school, but Mir always reject her. And now, she’s furious because her confession was rejected.

I could hear Mir sigh. “How many times do I have to tell you, Jinna,” he said weakly. “I only like you as a friend. Not much.”

Looks like Mir is already annoyed by Jinna’s confession all the timethat if was judged by his voice just now.

I could see Jinna’s face was red because of anger. Oh god gracious. Why is she so stubborn?

“How could you Mir!” she punched Mir’s chest hard. But Mir just stayed put. “How could you reject me, Min Jinna, the Queen! How could you?!” she burst into tears and I see her hands getting weaker. “I have the looks, wealth and everything!”

Oh god, she is totally insane.

Mir sighed. “I told you, Jinna for the umpteenth time. I

Suddenly from my sight, I saw Jinna kissed Mir. I covered my mouth and my eyes widened. My eyes became teary and I felt a teardrop fell in my cheeks.

A few moments later, Mir noticed my presence at the door. Oh no, I wasn’t expecting this.

I straighten up myself and put on my heels then ran off where my legs lead me.

“Yerim!” I could hear Mir calling my name. I shook my head abruptly and kept running. My sight was blurred because of the tears. I can’t hold it anymore.

As soon as I noticed that I’ve ran quite far from him, I slowed my paces and glanced around, finding a place where I could sit.

And what do you know. I founded a bench just five steps from my place.

I immediately sat there and controlled my breath. My tears were still running. It won’t stop.

“Yerim-ah?”

I looked up and faced Key’s worried face. His eyebrows were furrowed together. I forced a smile on him, but his eyes got wider when he notices my puffy eyes. He quickly ran to me and sat beside me.

Key cupped my face with both hands. “Omo, Yerim-ah! Why are you crying…?” he said worriedly.

I shook my head. “Nothing…” I muttered. “Just got rejected…”

Key sighed and wiped my tears. “Is it Mir…?” he asked hesitantly. I nodded weakly and he embraced me to a hug.

“There, there, Yerim-ah,” he said comforting me. My tears burst even more. “Cry all the pain out… I’m here to comfort you,” he said and caressed my back. I hugged him back.

“Key…” I muttered his name on his embrace. “Thank you for always be there for me…”

I could feel Key smiled at my words. “You’re welcome, Yerim-ah…” he mumbled and kept caressing my back.

A few moments later, I pulled out from the hug and smiled weakly at Key. He cupped my face again and wiped the remaining tears on my face. “You’re done, Yerim-ah?” he said and I nodded a ‘yes’.

“Let’s go back. I’ll drive you home,” he gripped my wrist and pulled me to stand up. I did what he said and my eyes widened.

“Oh, Key,” I muttered. “I think I left my bag on our table…”

Key nodded. “Should we go get it?” he asked hesitantly. I shook my head. “I want to be here…” I muttered.

“Okay then,”  he let go of my wrist. “I’ll go get your bag. Wait here, okay?” he motioned me to sit on the chair before he left.

A few minutes later, he came back with my bag and lent it to me. “Here’s your bag. And don’t worry about Daehee and Minho. I already explained to them,” he mumbled and pulled me to his car.

“Thanks for the drive, Key,” I said and waved my hand after we arrived at my house. “I’ll go in first. Bye.”

As soon as I turned my body, I felt a pair of arms wrapping my waist. “Yerim-ah…” I heard Key mutter from my shoulder.

“I like you, Yerim-ah…” he muttered under his breath, but I could still hear it.

My eyes widened. I didn’t expect my own best friend to like me…

I turned my back and saw Key with his head hung low. I gripped his shoulders and smiled. “Sorry, Key…” I apologized and looked down. “I like you… only as a friend.”

Key raised his head and cupped my face. I could see him forcing a fake smile. “I know you would answer like that…” he muttered and pulled me into another hug.

“I know you’re heart was still with Mir’s,” he putted his chin on top of my head. “And I’m really sorry that I confessed to you when you’re situation was still like this.”

I pulled back from the hug and squeezed his shoulders then craved a smile. “Don’t worry. I’m okay with it,” I said and putted my hands back on my torso.

He smiled back and walked to his car. “Thank you, Yerim-ah…” I smiled and turned my back to the house.

“Oh, Yerim!” Key called me again.

I turned my body and suddenly I felt something soft landed on my cheeks. Key pulled back and grinned at me, while I tried my best to not blush.

Key giggled low and pinched my cheeks. “Aigoo, only once… okay? I’m going to let you go…”

I smiled and removed his hands from my cheeks. I held my cheek with my palm and my other free hand slapped his arm playfully while my lips twitched into a smile.

Key smiled and turned back again to his car. He went in and the engine started. I rolled my eyesstill with a smile on my faceand motioned him to go first.

He nodded and waved a goodbye before his car went to the road as soon as I walked into the house. I checked the whole house and it seems my parents aren’t back yet.

I went to my room and threw my body on the bed after I changed into my sleeping clothes.

“Move on, Yerim-ah…” I mumbled to myself. “Move on…” and a tear fell again. I covered my eyes and blew out a heavy sigh.

“I can’t…” I muttered under my breath.

And after that, I dozed off to sleep.