Chapter 4

Save What's Left of Me

“(Y/N)…………………(Y/N)……………………(Y/N)!”

 

“AAAHH!” I woke up abruptly with Kris leaning over me, a little too close. “Get the hell out of here! I'll get up, gosh!"

“Sorry, it’s just it is 7:15 a.m., school starts at 8.”

“Oh, well I’ll get ready then, sorry for screaming at you.”

Wait did I really just apologize?

“It’s okay, just hurry up so we can go.”

 

I feel sick already, but I just have to it up and go. I got dressed and found anything that looked not too flashy, but not too plain. I wore my simple black t-shirt with nice jeans with black and white Converse. I let my hair fall and only put on the simple makeup I needed: blush, lipgloss, eyeliner, and mascara.

 

I walked downstairs and saw everyone enjoying my mom’s cooking. "Morning (Y/N)! What do you want for breakfast?" Appa was shining with happiness, "I know I'm enjoying your mom's eggs and bacon." "I'll just take my usual mom, fruits please.” Kris was sitting there, enjoying my mom’s cooking.

I got comfortable and sat right in between Appa and Mom. "Okay, here you go (Y/N), so kids what's your schedule look like for school, it is senior year." Kris spoke with his mouth a little full, “Well I got my A.P. courses as usual and my elective with forensics.” Wow, he’s a smart one. “Ooooh, forensics, your father told me you want to go into the CSI kind of job. Great job Kris, what about you sweetie?"

 

Kris got up and gave me my schedule, “Here, I printed it out for you last night,” that was nice of him actually, “We got 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and lunch together.” I guess it was good we had classes together, so I wouldn’t be completely lost. “Let’s see here, oh I got my A.P. Courses this year and my elective for art." Then, Appa sprung up, "7:45, it's time to head out kids, we got work and school is about to start."

 

Kris immediately leaped up and grabbed his bag, “Come on (Y/N), we gotta get going.” I grabbed my stuff and we headed out the door right before hearing my mom holler, "Have a great time!" (Y/N), make friends, alright!" Easier said then done.  The 10-minute walk to school was quick. "Here we are, SM High School." I already felt my nerves shaking, and it had to been obvious considering the way Kris stared at me with concern, “Hey, you okay?” I quickly tried to forget my fears and nervously said, “Yeah, I’m fine, just show me where class is.”

 

We started walking to class until Kris got bombarded with a couple boys. “KRIS! Man where you been?” “Yeah, we’ve tried calling you up, but you didn’t answer.” Two of the boys looked pretty handsome, almost like flower boys.

 

“Sorry guys, remember? My dad’s fiancé and his daughter moved in. This is her, (Y/N).” I stood there like a stick, inelegantly waving my hand saying hi. "Wow, she’s pretty, hello I’m Luhan!" He kind of reminded of a beautiful deer. “Hello, I’m Sehun!” Now this one was pretty adorable.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m (Y/N), nice to meet you.” Soon as the greetings were over, Kris walked me to our class and escorted me to a seat next to him.

The day went by fast, even though Kris and I barely spoke to each other, it was going okay. I noticed though Kris and his friends must be popular considering how many girls I saw trying to converse with them and being tongue-tied just for being in their presence. I guess they’re the popular ones in school. Soon lunch came and I was the obvious new girl, sitting by myself at a table. Kris asked if I wanted to join him and his group, but I really wanted to just be by myself. I then remembered I brought my sketchbook and pencils. I took them out and sketched the lunchroom. There in the paper was the popular boys that were laughing and rough-housing, the "too-hot for food" typical girls, the smart kids who would one day rule our world, and the regulars still looking for their path. I got lost in my drawing until,

 

"YOU DRAW?!" Whoa, where’d this chick come from? “Ummm yes, yes I do."

 

"Sorry to bother you, but I love what you're starting there. I actually paint and write to have stories to go along with it. It's sort of my dream to be a painter and a drawer, I always wanted to go into the artistic and literature route..."

She has some fast wording in . "Oh, I'm so sorry, I can't sometimes keep my mouth shut." Yeah, I can tell. "Hahaha, anyway, I'm Sandara, Sandara Park, or you can call me Dara, and you?"

“(Y/N), nice to meet you." I shook her hand, she had a very small grip. "Well nice to meet you (Y/N). You in the advanced art class?"

"Yeah, 6th period."

"GASP! Yay, we have it together. Well obviously we would since 6th period is the only time for advanced art class. It's nice to see another art face in the class, we have like only 9 students in the class, and we keep having to raise money to keep in the program. I swear people do not realize the significance of art. It bends the thought of reality..."
Dara could talk but I kind of liked her attitude and look. She had such a young face that she looked like she couldn’t age.

 

 

 

She seemed ditsy but really funny. I hadn't really had a friend since I pretty much abandoned my social life. Maybe she would be good blessing. Dara and I talked about our art passions and when lunch ended, we said our goodbyes and exchanged numbers. I was actually excited to see her in art. On my way to class, I got bumped by some random snotty girls and my books went everywhere.I started picking up my books, when out of nowhere Kris came to help, “"Here, sorry for them. Some of girls in this school can be really full of themselves." I agreed completely, the girls reminded me of Bom, “Just what every guy looks for in a chick hahaha."

“(Y/N), let me walk you to your class.” Did he really off to do that? For some odd reason, I was thinking how people would think we would be a couple, but why should that even be a possible concern. Eww. “Sounds good.”

As we walked, Luhan and Sehun joined us and I completely zoned out as they had their boy conversation that I knew I would not understand. As we walked, I could see the discontent in some jealous girls, they probably didn’t like seeing their beloved oppas around the new girl. Kris stopped and led me into my class before bidding goodbye, “After school ends, meet me at the front so we can walk home”. I walked into class and barely focused because I was kind of excited for my next class.

As soon as the bell rang, I ran to 6th period art and sat right next to Dara. Our teacher instructed us to design in any way we want, the social life of school. Thank goodness I had something like that in my book bag. Classmates painted, drew, or built the design for our assignment. Dara and I talked the whole class period, and even talked about hanging out on weekends. Yep, she was someone I could see myself best friends with.

School soon ended, and I waited forever for Kris. It's been 15 minutes; get your here already, damn! Then I saw him walking him away from one of the prissy girls that bumped into me today.

"Look, YoonA, I'm not interested, so stop asking me already!"

"Fine then, be like that! You'll be asking for me soon enough!"

 

"Sure I will." The way he had the sarcasm in his voice, it was actually really funny, I had to cover my mouth from not laughing too loud. “Sorry, about that, YoonA keeps thinking her and I should be a couple, but she’s just not my type.” I was actually surprised, the girl was really pretty even though her attitude was disgusting. “No problem, let’s just head home.”

Kris and I walked back home and talked about how school went. Arriving home, we opened the door and went straight to the kitchen. A note was there reading, "KIDS, APPA HAS TO WORK LATE TONIGHT, BUT I WON'T BE HOME TILL 10, I HAVE SOME WEDDING DETAILS TO ATTEND TO. EAT WHATEVERS IN THE HOUSE, LOVE MOM <3"

After reading the note, Kris and I both resumed to our rooms and went to the homework. I admit, today was actually alright. I just prayed again, hoping that no matter the obstacles, this is where I need to be.

 

 

 

 

NOTE: Sorry if it's starting a little slow, I'll make sure to pick up the pace on the story, so please bare with me :)